Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2002 9:52:18 AM EDT
Since there are quite a few of us from the Lone Star State, who do you think is going to win and by what margin.
I say Perry by 20%
BTW. who was that DPS Trooper who pulled Perrys driver over and gave him a warning? ROFLMFAO
Lebrew
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 9:56:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Perry will win.  That last TV ad tying Sanchez' bank to the money that got the DEA agent killed did the deed.  Percentage will depend on the weather across the state tomorrow.  Perry should win the early balloting big.
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 10:02:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I think Perry will win comfortably.  I'm more worried about the Cornyn/Kirk race.
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 11:09:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Perry, I voted for him already.
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 11:23:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 11:33:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I hate to think of what will happen if Sanchez wins. He is supposed to be in the top 10 richest politcians, he is trying to buy the election. Remember what it was like the last time we had a Dem. governor!
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 11:47:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I think Perry will win comfortably.  I'm more worried about the Cornyn/Kirk race.
View Quote

Heard this morning that Cornyn has a double-digit lead in the polls.

Yeah, that race was/is my bigger concern as well.
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 11:49:07 AM EDT
[#7]
The Democrats in Texas have decided they cannot win running anything but minority and women candidates.  Their strategy is to put minorities on top of the ticket and see if that doesn't drag in enough votes to elect people further down the ballot.  Shameless pandering to minorities who Democrats have kept on the Welfare Plantation for six decades.
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 11:59:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I say Perry by 20%
View Quote

sounds good to me.

i wish it was Wednesday.
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 12:07:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I've done my part to make sure the Republicans take this one home. I even talked to my pastor to remind everyone to vote during his spiel yesterday. I just wish that he would have put in a shameless plug for the Pro-Lifers (Republicans, according to the Christian Coalition's poll). That would have been sweet.
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 12:09:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Agreed.  I live in El Paso which is heavily Democrapic.
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 12:11:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Sanchez has spent either 64 (or 84) million of his own money! I think 64 was the amount...of course that was last week so I am sure it has went up!

His reason to run for Gov. was "To give back to the people"!

Horse dung!

Nobody spends upwards of 100 million $$$ unless he is getting something back!

Viva la Perry!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 12:15:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Perry will win by 9 points, Cornyn will win by 3, Dewhurst will win by a razor.  Of course if you throw out all the dead, illegal etc Dim votes add 10 points to each of the above.  Notice that the Dims are not runnig a minority where the real power is= Lt Gov race, just another white boy with the right party credentials (Dukakis and Bradley campaigns).  They are not serious about wanting Sanchez, but needed somebody whose ego could be stroked into spending beacuop dollars from HIS pocket to free up money for other more important races.  Kirk is just another ambulance chasing liar and in a state where a major insurance co just decided to withdraw coverage because of lawsuits against it, well he went over like Al Dork.  Not even the local paper endorsed him, and not too many Messicans will vote for a  "colored" person.  Bush made a mistake in putting "El Tony" at the UT Regents board, but he should have known the old south texas saying, "How do you know a native from Laredo is lying to you? answer: his lips are moving"  Even the local Dems are having headaches, as the Clinton trained up and coming crooks battle for control over the old line party loyalists.  An old party hack (preclinton) called me to complain about the mail in fraud being commited by his opponent (clintonhack) in a Dim only mayoral election.  he he.
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 12:19:35 PM EDT
[#13]
I picked the frat boy over the crook.
Perry by 20% agreed
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 12:27:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Even the local Dems are having headaches, as the Clinton trained up and coming crooks battle for control over the old line party loyalists.  An old party hack (preclinton) called me to complain about the mail in fraud being commited by his opponent (clintonhack) in a Dim only mayoral election.  he he.
View Quote

Got the same thing happening to Demos in my county.  They're divided and fighting like cats and dogs.  Seems to be the new Clintonistas trying to overthrow the folks who worked in the party for years.  The Clintonistas seem to be dedicated to appropriating the power of the party or kill it trying.
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 12:31:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Kirk is just another ambulance chasing liar and in a state where a major insurance co just decided to withdraw coverage because of lawsuits against it, well he went over like Al Dork.  Not even the local paper endorsed him,
View Quote

However, amazingly enough, the Houston Chronicle recommended Kirk.
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 12:42:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The Democrats in Texas have decided they cannot win running anything but minority and women candidates.  Their strategy is to put minorities on top of the ticket and see if that doesn't drag in enough votes to elect people further down the ballot.  Shameless pandering to minorities who Democrats have kept on the Welfare Plantation for six decades.
View Quote

Except, according to one statistic I read (yeah, I know "statistic"), In 20 years, the population of Texas will be 70-80 percent Hispanic if the current trends continue.  Then the Dems will have  field day with racially motivated campaigning.....ugh, hopefully this particular population trend prediction will remain another lost statistic.  It really makes me sick to see race and gender outshine logic and facts.....

--ZERO
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 12:46:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Never heard of Perry, Sanchez with green follower will give no problems...[:D]
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 3:46:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Never heard of Perry, Sanchez with green follower will give no problems...[:D]
View Quote

Much appreciated, but this particular Sanchez and his green followers are dangerous to life and liberty.  [:)]
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 5:19:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Ralph Hall is the only Democrat I would even think about voting for. Your vote does count. The election of 200o taught us all that. (or should have)
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 5:32:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 5:47:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Ralph Hall is the only Democrat I would even think about voting for. Your vote does count. The election of 200o taught us all that. (or should have)
View Quote

Ralph Hall is my Congressman.  I had the pleasure of voting for him once again this year.  I've known Rep. Hall every year since I was born.  His lovely wife Mary Ellen was my Cub Scout Den Mother many years ago and I grew up with his boys.  I worked for Ralph Hall when he was a Texas State Senator and I can proudly tell you he's a statesman, man of his word and defender of your right to bear arms.  I fear each term may be his last.  Ralph would have made an outstanding President.
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 6:00:04 PM EDT
[#22]
San Antoino will flood tomorrow and dirty Sanchez will lose by 30%. Kirk is a joke I dont think even he will vote for himself.
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 6:18:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Perry had better win. If mccallum loses in wisconsin, I'm putting together a plan to move to Texas as fast as I can make it happen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top