Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2013 5:56:51 PM EDT
Or run with native Win 8 security package?
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:39:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Kaspersky all the way. It consistently ranks #1 in testing by www.av-comparatives.org.  I have been selling them for a year in my computer shop. Have heard other shop owners say that they have never had a computer come back with an infection after putting Kaspersky on it. Don't buy it at wal-mart, you can get it on amazon for about half the price.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:51:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I use Webroot. I'm not any sort of IT professional though.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:53:27 PM EDT
[#3]
" />
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:55:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been happy w/the Kaspersky internet security package for the past few years...no viruses/trojans of any type since I installed it on our PCs.  It does seem a 'little' slow to load up...but it works smoothly.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:01:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Kaspersky.  I made the move to it when Norton got broken into and could not even run due to the virus.  Kaspersky can be run from the CD allowing a scan and repair before even loading it to the hard drive.  Made repairing the problem I had much easier than wiping the drives and starting over from scratch.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 12:47:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I have to renew my Kaspersky.  Anyone have a discount code?  Please email or IM if you can help out.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 12:50:25 PM EDT
[#7]
CA... Lowest process and systems utilization I've found.

If you don't care about performance during a scan, Bit Defender Total Platinum Ninja Edition.

Kapersky was always a bit slow getting fixes and updates out IMO.  And WebRoot which they're running on some boxes where I work seems to have a memory leak leading to excessive restarts. (more than two a week)
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 12:55:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Or run with native Win 8 security package?
View Quote

Bitdefender and Kapersky have some of the highest ratings of all the companies I believe.. Avast is good too.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top