Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2013 7:43:13 PM EDT
Anyone have the backstory on this so-called gun rights organization?

As far as I can tell pretty much all they do is take donations and rant about the supposed shortcomings of the NRA.

Aside from having an active Facebook page (2 million likes, almost as many as the NRA page), have they ever done anything to actually support gun rights?

From searching around it seems like they're probably bogus, so how are they still so widely supported?
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 7:48:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 7:49:39 PM EDT
[#2]
How ....is that acronym said...Naager? I'm not so sure about that one
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 7:49:43 PM EDT
[#3]
All they do is spam the shit out of you.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 7:51:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

As far as I can tell pretty much all they do is take donations and rant about the supposed shortcomings of the NRA.

Aside from having an active Facebook page (2 million likes, almost as many as the NRA page), have they ever done anything to actually support gun rights?

From searching around it looks like they're 100% bogus, so how are they still so widely supported?
View Quote

Regardless of whether or not people here disapprove of NAGR - and plenty do ...

Trollish post is trollish.

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 7:52:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

All they do is spam the shit out of you.
View Quote

Isn't that what they say about the NRA?
<---------NRA member and I like them, so no trolling now!

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 7:53:20 PM EDT
[#6]
All I've seen them do is bad mouth the NRA.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 7:53:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 7:53:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

From searching around it looks like they're 100% bogus, so how are they still so widely supported?

What? Maybe I don't know what trolling is then...

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 7:58:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Could be.

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 8:06:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Please.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 8:09:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Please.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please.

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 8:37:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It's nothing but a scam.  Everything you note is correct.  I'll dig up some links with interesting facts--including the fact the owner of the sham organization posted here we are all "fucking cockbreaths" for questioning him.

Lengthy, but a good read that will answer all your questions.

Another here.
View Quote

Just skimmed through those links.

So it's a scam then. How in the world do they still have so many supporters? You would think people would get suspicious about their complete lack of political activity.

Is there a good concise "debunking" article on them that I could send around to friends?
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 8:37:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Racist!
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 8:42:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

So it's a scam then. How in the world do they still have so many supporters? You would think people would get suspicious about their complete lack of political activity.

Is there a good "debunking" article on them that I could send around to friends?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's nothing but a scam.  Everything you note is correct.  I'll dig up some links with interesting facts--including the fact the owner of the sham organization posted here we are all "fucking cockbreaths" for questioning him.

Another here.

Is there a good "debunking" article on them that I could send around to friends?

Send those links.  No article can compare to Dudley Brown jamming his own foot in his mouth like he did on the thread I started.  Word needs to get around about what a fraud he is.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 8:46:19 PM EDT
[#15]
And the owner is an anti american bitch
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 8:49:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Since I've liked some pro gun organizations and companies on facebook (I know, you're too alpha for FB...spare me) I get "suggested" posts from NAGR.  They're worthy pretty much 100% of the time.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 8:52:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Send those links.  No article can compare to Dudley Brown jamming his own foot in his mouth like he did on the thread I started.  Word needs to get around about what a fraud he is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Another here.

I guess so, I was just hoping for something more concise.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 8:53:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Since I've liked some pro gun organizations and companies on facebook (I know, you're too alpha for FB...spare me) I get "suggested" posts from NAGR.  They're worthy pretty much 100% of the time.
View Quote

Same here. That, coupled with the fact that they have made no political accomplishments of any kind, has always made me suspicious of them.

I can't imagine how 2 million people on there have fallen for it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 8:54:03 PM EDT
[#19]
NAGR is a Nagger
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 8:57:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Is this the one run by that Dudley faggot? I unsubscribed from that bullshit months ago, he is a fucking spam artist.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:55:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep. The GOA is just as bad, IMHO. All they do is take your money and send you panic inducing alerts.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 12:21:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Only a fuckwad could come up with a classy name like 'NAGR' and Dudley showed up to prove that fact true.

He makes gun owners look bad.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 5:21:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 2:32:36 PM EDT
[#24]
I suppose the GOA doesn't do much either, but they do at least get involved in the debates, and their debate performance has been good.

Awhile back I sent them some money based on that alone.

A few examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9lXg8_O7L0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9z1wfgNf9E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C1d4onZsyw

But yes, it seems as if the NRA-ILA and the SAF are the biggest players for gun rights.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 2:34:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Looking at the Wikipedia pages on NAGR and Dudley Brown.... they are set up to be incredibly misleading. I'm starting to see how people have fallen for this.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 2:37:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 2:42:06 PM EDT
[#27]
I had to send his emails to spam he sends a ton every day same with face book. All sorts of bullshit post no substance.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 2:44:18 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

A 2004 join date and less than 500 posts?  I doubt this is a troll.

Link Posted: 8/29/2013 6:41:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I had to send his emails to spam he sends a ton every day same with face book. All sorts of bullshit post no substance.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Just marked all his FB as Spam and made it so I don't see it any more....
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 6:50:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Hard to admit but I was donating to NRA, SAF, GOA NAGR. Wish I could take the NAGR donations back and send to NRA or SAF.
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 6:51:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Dude doesn't strike me as money well spent, that's for sure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top