Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 8/22/2013 1:53:37 PM EDT

We have had several members here offer to help get this abandoned dog from Winston Salem NC  to its new home in Cape Coral Florida. Lets get a list of members who are willing to help and where you are located so we can get a relay going

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1523469_Depths_of_humanity_and_dogs.html&page=1
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 2:02:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

We have had several members here offer to help get this abandoned dog from Winston Salem NC  to its new home in Cape Coral Florida. Lets get a list of members who are willing to help and where you are located so we can get a relay going

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1523469_Depths_of_humanity_and_dogs.html&page=1
View Quote

Link fixed

Now then, if only bowser's bus can make it past the unexpected...

Link Posted: 8/22/2013 2:05:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Reporting for duty.

Link Posted: 8/22/2013 2:07:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Good luck for a good cause
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 2:09:17 PM EDT
[#4]

to

to

to

Link Posted: 8/22/2013 2:09:19 PM EDT
[#5]
in when ever needed. I am off I-95 in southern SC, almost to the Ga. line
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 2:10:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I have to step out for a few hours. i will check back in around 9pm eastern. i have to go to work. i will log in and catch up as soon as im back home! thanks guys
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 2:10:58 PM EDT
[#7]
1st link, Winston Salem Southbound - anyone passing through?

Link Posted: 8/22/2013 2:15:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Someone get the NSA to plot ARFcom truckdrivers in the area.

Where's Sugar Bear???

Someone post a couple maps with say 3 best routes from Winston-Salem to Cape Coral.

Divide & Conquer. Say chop it up into 100 mile segments. Or 100 km, if there are any Canadians aboot....

Link Posted: 8/22/2013 2:18:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I am assuming the dog is going on a trip now?  Don't know if I will be much help but my offer still stands to pitch in for vet/pet care expenses.  Where and whom do I send my $20 to?

I see what is going on now, I'll pitch in gas money when you guys figure out who is driving.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 2:30:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Someone get the NSA to plot ARFcom truckdrivers in the area.

Where's Sugar Bear???

Someone post a couple maps with say 3 best routes from Winston-Salem to Cape Coral.

Divide & Conquer. Say chop it up into 100 mile segments. Or 100 km, if there are any Canadians aboot....

View Quote

The most direct route would be from Winston Salem NC, to Charlotte NC to Columbia SC to Savannah GA to Jacksonville FL to Gainesville FL to Tampa FL to Cape Coral FL
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 2:30:23 PM EDT
[#11]
What's the best day for a relay? Fri-Sat-Sun?
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 2:32:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What's the best day for a relay? Fri-Sat-Sun?
View Quote

ARWIZARD said Sat is no good for him, but that doesn't mean the dog cant be on the road.  With that said if the most direct route that I posted doesn't work I am south of Atlanta GA and am willing to drive part of the way
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 2:44:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I am assuming the dog is going on a trip now?  Don't know if I will be much help but my offer still stands to pitch in for vet/pet care expenses.  Where and whom do I send my $20 to?

I see what is going on now, I'll pitch in gas money when you guys figure out who is driving.
View Quote

Ditto.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 2:53:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Might be faster to hit 85, transition in ATL to 75, and ride 75 all the way down.

If that's the case, I can take a leg on 75.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 2:58:42 PM EDT
[#15]
You guys are the best.

What great people you all are.

It's a little dusty in here.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 3:00:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Freaking amazing.

Link Posted: 8/22/2013 3:00:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Might be faster to hit 85, transition in ATL to 75, and ride 75 all the way down.

View Quote

Can someone do up a map with the various routes, and let people start penciling legs they could take?

(no photoshop or paint here at work)

Link Posted: 8/22/2013 3:00:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Winston Salem to Atlanta is about 5.5 hours
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 3:19:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ATL to GA/FL line is roughly 4 hours
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 3:19:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 3:27:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Tagged.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 3:31:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Is there anybody in the Winston Salem area that can get the relay started?
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 3:31:47 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm not close enough to help, but what a awesome thing to do.  BRAVO!
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 3:40:31 PM EDT
[#24]
If he comes I 75 south, I can get him from Spalding county down to naahmah
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 3:57:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 3:58:11 PM EDT
[#26]
I am in Jacksonville, Florida. Let's get this done.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 4:00:04 PM EDT
[#27]
was reading earlier thread, see this. Sorry I am in Mi. YOU GUYS FN ROCK!!!!!
Carry on!
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 4:08:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
If he comes I 75 south, I can get him from Spalding county down to naahmah
View Quote

I can get her down to Tifton, Valdosta at the farthest.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 4:51:10 PM EDT
[#29]
I don't live near the travel path but I grew up in south GA.  If i was still there i would take her from GA all the way to her new home. But, I can't so, I will gladly send $25 to $50 to help anyone with the gas they use to get this dog to south FL.  PayPal gift preferred.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 5:01:31 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote

I'm in Gainesville. I could get her to Tampa. I just don't know if I could pull it off this weekend though. When is the relay planned?

Link Posted: 8/22/2013 5:03:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I'm in Gainesville. I could get her to Tampa. I just don't know if I could pull it off this weekend though. When is the relay planned?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depends on OP. if he needs her gone post haste, it could probably be this weekend
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 5:05:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Arfcom can be a pretty amazing place at times.        

Link Posted: 8/22/2013 5:08:36 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Depends on OP. if he needs her gone post haste, it could probably be this weekend
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well let's see what happens then. I'd be willing to run her down to Tampa depending on when it goes down.

Somebody IM me if I don't respond to this thread in a timely manner.

Link Posted: 8/22/2013 5:13:42 PM EDT
[#34]
if the route comes thru Charlotte I can run from Between Charlotte and say Savannah or that neck of the woods.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 5:16:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Guys we can always use U Ship - there seems to be enough cash flowing to find a reputable shipper. This is what I love about ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 5:18:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Guys we can always use U Ship - there seems to be enough cash flowing to find a reputable shipper. This is what I love about ARFCOM.
View Quote

I think that would traumatize the poor girl...but that is just me.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 5:19:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can get her to you no problem. I only have sunday off though. I may be able to do something Monday if we can all get a plan working. Valdosta or Savannah is about as far as I could go the other direction to meet someone..
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 5:25:27 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View Quote

With my work schedule, I don't think I can be much help in transporting but I will donate at least $25 for gas to someone who is.

Just let me know who to send it to.

I'm just North of Tampa (Brooksville, SR 50) off I-75. I might be able to help weeknights/Sat. 8 to 11pm or on Sunday.

May have to work this Sunday 8/25. If I don't, I could run from say Wildwood (I-75/ Fl. Turnpike split) to Bradenton area on I-75.

Link Posted: 8/22/2013 5:26:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would agree.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 5:28:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I would agree.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would agree.

I keep thinking the more she changes hands the more traumatized she can be, she has already been abandoned.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 5:29:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

With my work schedule, I don't think I can be much help in transporting but I will donate at least $25 for gas to someone who is.
I'm just North of Tampa (Brooksville) off I-75. I might be able to help weekdays/Sat. 8 to 11pm or on Sunday.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm just North of Tampa (Brooksville) off I-75. I might be able to help weekdays/Sat. 8 to 11pm or on Sunday.

Looks like we have ATL to the Tampa area covered on the 75 route. We need Winston-Salem to ATL coverage now!
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 5:33:12 PM EDT
[#42]
The awesomeness of Arfcom displayed once again....
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 5:33:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Looks like we have ATL to the Tampa area covered on the 75 route. We need Winston-Salem to ATL coverage now!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I may be able to run W-S to Charlotte, if she'd be OK riding in the back of my truck.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 5:34:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I keep thinking the more she changes hands the more traumatized she can be, she has already been abandoned.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would agree.

If the OP could give her a blanket that would travel with her, that might help.  Not sure how attached she is to him and his wife in so short a time but at least it would have her own scent on it and be something familiar.  Might help to have her crated, too.  Dogs like the security of enclosed spaces.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 5:36:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I may be able to run W-S to Charlotte, if she'd be OK riding in the back of my truck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

looks like I-75 is going to be the route.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 5:37:31 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll pay for the crate if needed.  A dog roaming around in the back of a truck is asking for trouble.

Link Posted: 8/22/2013 5:41:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Maybe Kindred Hearts can help.

They did a hell of a job here.

Link Posted: 8/22/2013 5:42:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Tentative Route so far:

AJ - Winston-Salem - Charlotte
?
?
Matellis - Spalding Co -> Macon
Naamah - Macon -> Valdosta
SVT03 - Valdosta -> Gainesville
M4Real - Gainesville -> Tampa
LightningLink -Tampa -> Meeting with TheARWizard (aka new home)
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 5:46:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Tentative Route so far:

AJ - Winston-Salem - Charlotte
?
?
Matellis - Spalding Co -> Macon
Naamah - Macon -> Valdosta
SVT03 - Valdosta -> Gainesville
M4Real - Gainesville -> Tampa
LightningLink -Tampa -> Meeting with TheARWizard (aka new home)
View Quote

let me know if the route comes thru Columbia down I-26 to I-95  I can intersept and go as far as Savannah/Brunswick
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 5:46:49 PM EDT
[#50]
thanks everyone for pitching in. we are working on getting her to a vet asap. as soon as I know when she is going. I will post it. the wheels are rolling. but it will be done
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top