Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2002 11:42:30 AM EDT
I just got this email from Blackhawk, may be of some use to anyone who may be buying anything from them.

-UHLEK-
Dear BlackHawk Friend:

I would like to thank you again for making 2002 our best year ever. The support of operators and law enforcement professionals such as yourself has enabled us to develop a host of new products as well as bring additional manufacturing capacity online. None of our success would be possible without you and our valued dealers, and I thank you again.

The ongoing war effort reminds us once again of the capability and bravery of those entrusted with the defense of liberty, and we are proud to assist you in your efforts.
[size=5]
With the holidays approaching, we would like to offer you a FREE T-Shirt with any internet order over $150.00 or a FREE Long Sleeve Mock Turtle Neck Shirt with any order over $175.00

USE CODE: FREE SHIRT- LARGE (or size you want) in the "Shipping Instructions" box
[/size=5]
Visit our all new website at www.blackhawkindustries.com or visit any or our Authorized Virtual Internet dealers.

This offer is good while supplies last or until December 15th 2002. If we run out of the size you want we will upgrade you to the next size available.

Dealers, call for Holiday bulk pricing discounts on BlackHawk T-Shirts.

NEW BLACKHAWK GIFT CERTIFICATES NOW AVAILABLE!

At BlackHawk we know that many of you are either deployed or have family members and friends who are deployed during the Holidays and you may not know what they need or want. We now offer BLACKHAWK GIFT CERTIFICATES available to purchase in $25.00 increments and have no restrictions. The BLACKHAWK GIFT CERTIFICATES are good for any BlackHawk, HydraStorm or HellStorm product.

These GIFT CERTIFICATES are available on our website www.blackhawkindustries.com or any of our Authorized Virtual Dealers websites.

From all of us here at BlackHawk, we wish you and your families a safe Holiday season.

We value your constructive input and comments to better serve you. Please feel free to e-mail us at: [email protected]

Thank you for your business!

Sincerely,

Mike Noell
President & CEO
BlackHawk Industries, Inc.
4850 Brookside Court
Norfolk, VA 23502 U.S.A.
(757) 436-3101
(757) 436-3088 Fax
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 11:55:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Another factoid - Mike doesn't have it in his catalogue, but you can order left hand versions of all the vests and suchlike - they have to be made, and will be a mirror image of what you see in the pix.  Expect an extra couple weeks for it to show up - but it's worth it!

FFZ
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 3:29:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Just an [i]opinion[/i], but many people prefer the quality of [url=http://www.eagleindustries.com/welcome.asp]Eagle Industries[/url] gear over Blackhawk.  Also, Eagle is USA made, and Blackhawk is well, uh, made [i]elsewhere[/i].
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 5:59:05 PM EDT
[#3]
BHI is being made overseas now?  Damn - I wonder why Mike switched?  

I did like the Nytaneon concept - make for ROCK SOLID kit!  If he's moving manufacturing ops offshore, I'll have to stop buying.  And I wanted to get a new NATICK belt from him, too...

I'll look into Eagle when I get a chance - anyone know offhand if they have NATICK Rigger belts?

FFZ
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 6:16:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Just an [i]opinion[/i], but many people prefer the quality of [url=http://www.eagleindustries.com/welcome.asp]Eagle Industries[/url] gear over Blackhawk.  Also, Eagle is USA made, and Blackhawk is well, uh, made [i]elsewhere[/i].
View Quote

AGREED!

Go with EAGLE - great quality and true to America.
Blackhawk has sold out and shipped out.
The quality has gone down the crapper!
None (that I'm aware) of the Blackhawk products are made in the USA anymore and......
many of their products are now MADE IN CHINA!

No thank you, Beijing Mike.

I'll never buy another BLACKHAWK product
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 6:50:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Blackhawk...no thanks.
Eagle is OK but there is much better out there.
SOE,Tactical Tailor,Specialty Defense and better yet SO tech {hell cat} are far better.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 6:55:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Hey, Thanks for that link cookie...I kinda like the selection they have. May order a holster from them!
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 1:45:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Actually ,[b]73easting[/b], everyone I know (who use such gear) prefer Eagle over all of the brands you mentioned.  I guess it's just a matter of preference.  
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 8:55:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Blackhawk gear isn't all being made in China. Alot of it is also being made in VIETNAM. In addition, most of it costs more than gear that is made in America, and from what I have seen, better quality than Blackhawk.
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 2:26:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Blackhawk makes gear in Mexico, Korea, China, and even a few items in the US. This would not be a problem, except they kept the same high made in the USA prices even after they farmed out the manufacturing over seas.

Sorry, if I'm buying made in china gear, then i want made in china prices. If i'm paying made in USA prices, I'll get eagle gear.

BTW: The markup on this kind of stuff is HUGE. The intitial order for new Eagle dealers is only $300.00, and dealer cost is often less than half of retail. So if you buy much gear, become a "dealer".
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 3:18:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Blackhawk is for the wannabes that don't know, Eagle is for go fast boys and wannabes that knows. and SO Tech, SOE, and LBT are for those really serious go fast boys and wannabes that really knows their s&!t.

The best gears are made by SOTech, SOE, and LBT, and they are used by the best American military has to offer.
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 4:41:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the heads up, I was just about to order some knee & elbow pads from BH. What others are recommended?
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 6:08:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
BHI is being made overseas now?  Damn - I wonder why Mike switched?  
FFZ
View Quote

I guess because of $$$$
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 7:13:39 AM EDT
[#13]
There's an interesting forum topic about this at [url]www.lightfighter.com[/url].
Click on "Forum."
Click on "General Disc."
Click on "Blackhawk Feedback."
Thread starter is Tom Ashby, Eastern Sales Mgr.
For some reason I couldn't post a link directly to the thread.  Maybe I'm just a DA.
They make quality stuff.

Personally, SOE is the best out there.  Period.

HMMM- spellchecker screen arrives blank.
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 7:16:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Okay guys, all I really meant with this thread was to give some of you a heads up about a good offer. (Those shirts are damn comfortable)

So take it or leave it, I didn't mean for this to become a "my tac-gear is better than your tac-gear!"

Blackhawk is for the wannabes that don't know, Eagle is for go fast boys and wannabes that knows. and SO Tech, SOE, and LBT are for those really serious go fast boys and wannabes that really knows their s&!t.
View Quote

Where the hell did you get this??? A Cracker Jack Box?
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 7:46:06 AM EDT
[#15]
OK, in response to the original thread:

Wow, that's a nice offer from Blackhawk!!
Thanks for the heads up!![:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top