Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2002 10:41:06 AM EDT

Any other South Carolina members out there know of any ranges in the Columbia area?

Thanks!

Panzer out
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 12:28:22 PM EDT
[#1]
The best (relatively speaking) rifle range in the area that I know of is Mid Carolina Rifle Club ([url]http://www.scfirearms.org/mcrc/[/url]).  The web page contains directions and info on how to join.  If you just want to see the range, the best time might be to go to one of the service rifle competitions there at 9:00AM on the second Sunday of each month.  You'll also get to see some nice M1's.  I've been there twice, and the last time we got a very cold reception from the owner, Ed Kelleher, after my great-nephew (who was a member until then) opened-up my rifle case and pulled out an AR-15.

There's an indoor range at Shooters Choice at 944 Sunset Blvd in West Columbia.  I like that range, but they have a very stern no black rifle or "assault weapon" policy.  The last time I was there, they had-up a new poster forbidding the use of "military" caliber rifles in 223 and 7.62x39mm.  If you do go, the best deal (if they still have it) is a card for 10 half-hour visits for $40.  You save 66% by buying that rather than paying for each visit.  I also took a CCW class there, and it was very good.  Of course, I still haven't been able to get a permit out of the state...z
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 5:10:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the tip, Zoom. I've been to Shooter's Choice; nice range but they don't allow assault rifles. I will give MCRC a try.
Thanks again!

Panzer out
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 5:21:31 PM EDT
[#3]
There is one in Edgefeild SC...

It is a state run range, only during aylight hours...

Fired many a "Assault Rifle" there...

Not too fancy, but I've never had any mishaps or encounters with assholes aroun there.

Only 100 yard range there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top