Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2002 10:30:28 AM EDT
Anyone have any recommendations for online retailers selling Danner boots?  Would obviously like a good price, but service is important as well, so no Botach!   The only local place that carries them at all only has two styles, neither of which I really like, and they sell them at MSRP.  

As far as sizing - does anyone know if the sizing is pretty consistent across the various styles.  I.E., I could fit myself in a pair at the local shop and be reasonably confident that the same size in another style would fit if bought online?

Thanks,

Rocko
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 10:34:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 10:37:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Sold on Danners?  Getting a USGI type boot?

Try Wellco.  [url=www.lightfighter.com]Lightfighter[/url] sells 'em and love'em.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 10:44:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Cabela's. Ranger Joe's, Brigade Quartermaster....
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 10:47:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I've never bought anything from them, but they're partners with the NRA Foundation and have been around forever- Cabela's [www.cabelas.com]. They show Danner work and uniform/duty boots in their catalog.  Rich
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 12:16:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Depends on when you need them. Botach used to have the best prices, but they will likely have to drop ship them to you. It took them three weeks to get my pair to me. But, they were the cheapest.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 1:58:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Danners rock.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 2:01:24 PM EDT
[#7]
[url]www.cabelas.com[/url] has average prices, but outstanding customer service.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 2:01:56 PM EDT
[#8]
[url]http://www.uscav.com/shop/uscitemdetail.asp?stk_code=WA22170[/url]

[img]http://www.uscav.com/prodInfo/images/22170.jpg[/img]

Try US Calvary.  Here is the new boot Danner is about to come out with.  Can't wait to get myself a pair.

[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/biggrin2.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 11:01:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought a pair of the Danner Super Rainforest boots  goretex lined from Cabelas. With shipping I'm into them for about $250. In one way they are like slippers compared to my Wesco's but they've never been completely comfortable for me.  I think that after you put them on you they should quit reminding you they are there. Nothing specifically wrong with them, but my feet just can't seem to get used to them. I would have gone with something else if I had known.
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 11:16:38 PM EDT
[#10]
We get Danners issued.  I hate them.  When I'm inside my feet are hot.  Then when I go outside they freeze.  The only reason I wear them in the winter is because 1)they're free. and 2) they're to only black boot that I have that doesn't slide one ice and snow.
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 11:42:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 9:42:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Actually I have to throw in that I have a similiar experience, and I'm in California. IIRC, I have 200g insulation and wear the Cabelas wool boot sock. I can sort of understand why my feet would feel hot sometimes in summer, but putting that combination on and noticing cold feet in the morning sucks. I may soon be working in snow and I am not looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 9:53:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Troy,
We get the Recons.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top