[#3]
Who's that blonde chick????
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 12:19:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Um...to be honest....I have NO idea what you are talking about

medcop
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 12:36:58 AM EDT
[#5]
It doesn't come out until November 8th.  My girlfriend and I are going to go see it for laughs.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 6:00:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Brittany Murphy... She has nice fun bags, the movie actually looks good.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 6:17:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Pfffffffffffffffft.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 6:21:55 AM EDT
[#8]
I can't believe we're actually talking about this here....

Re: Britanny Murphy, remember when she was the ugly chick in Clueless?  How'd she go from ugly chick to hot chick?
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 6:23:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Ice Ice Baby sounds like Slim shady. hmmmmmm

Ice Ice Baby

Ice Ice Baby sounds like Slim shady. hmmmm

Ice Ice Baby

15 minutes is almost up

Link Posted: 11/1/2002 6:23:31 AM EDT
[#10]
I actually like some of Slim's music. And the new song they play on the radio and in the trailers is pretty good. And probably true. Even the most famous singer probably falls apart inside when they go out on stage.....

Scott

Link Posted: 11/1/2002 8:05:12 AM EDT
[#11]
i have not seen the movie yet,i do listen to some of his work,even though i am not a big fan of rap.
i guess i like the in your face shock factor,like marilyn manson.
here is an individual that from all outward appearances doesn't give a shit what anyone else thinks of him and does it his way.
being a 44 year old man some would think i would not get it but i can relate to what he is doing.
josam
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 8:31:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
... Have you seen it?

View Quote

Sure, I've been to Detroit before [):)]
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 8:58:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Yo.. have you be hearing his tune,
da one where his momma had munchowsen
syndrom whem slim was a kid and he was
locked in a closet...and he hated his momma
...and when he grew up, he killed her and
buried in the back yard.  Ya'll heard dat one?
Ain't it geewd.

He da bomb

[:D]

Link Posted: 11/1/2002 9:29:23 AM EDT
[#14]
I'll see it.

I was listening to a music critics show on AM 640 talk radio last week. The Host/critic really pissed off alot of his conservative, even snobbish, fans, when he said Eminem is bigger than Elvis and more talented becuase he writes his own lyrics. This was comming from a music critic who generally hates rap music.

Whatever your feelings are on Rap, Eminem is great at what he does. He has a huge crossover audience. Locally his music is played about equally on the hip-hop and top 40 stations. Hoever a couple songs off each album will get air time on the Alternative Rock & metal stations too.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 9:42:02 AM EDT
[#15]

Not a big rap fan, but some of his music has a way of growing on you. Feel the same way about Kid Rock.

Baw to the Baw to the bang-a-dang diggy diggy...

Panzer out
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 9:49:12 AM EDT
[#16]
I will probably wait until it's out on DVD, but I will rent it. I'd be interested to see Eminem's acting debut. He's pretty animated in his videos, so I figure he's got a shot at being halfway decent.

Several rappers have become pretty good actors and he's got just as much a chance as they did.

Ice-T = good actor
Tupac = good actor

who else?
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 9:52:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I can't believe we're actually talking about this here....

Re: Britanny Murphy, remember when she was the ugly chick in Clueless?  How'd she go from ugly chick to hot chick?
View Quote

Rent the Ray Liota movie "Phoenix" and tell me what you think of her.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 12:23:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Several rappers have become pretty good actors and he's got just as much a chance as they did.

Ice-T = good actor
Tupac = good actor

who else?
View Quote

Mark Walberg aka Marky-Mark.

Fear, Boogie Nights, and Rock Star are his best roles so far.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 12:29:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Friend of mine lives near him.  Hes got this helicopter landing pad that has a big E instead of an H.  lol.  If you didnt know 8 mile is a real strip up there or something in the city.

CT
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 12:34:33 PM EDT
[#20]
I can not for the life of me figure out why anyone here would want to watch that movie...
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 1:10:32 PM EDT
[#21]
I used to live at Telegraph and I-96.  Not exactly his neighborhood but not far.  I'll see the movie just to see the old place.  

Anyone been to the "Motor Lounge" lately?  Dam that is/was a great club for music.  

Detroit is a blighted shithole of depression.  I left for greener pastures.  Kid Rock, Eminem, and other yet to be famous bands stuck with the city and made something creative.  For that they have earned my respect.  

Link Posted: 11/1/2002 1:25:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Britanny Murphy, remember when she was the ugly chick in Clueless?  How'd she go from ugly chick to hot chick?
View Quote

Like this...

[img]http://home.tiscali.be/yuc-csmits/murphy.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 11/1/2002 5:25:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 5:30:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm an arch conservative Roman Catholic Republican...  I happen to think Marshall is incredibly talented.  The reviews of this movie have been solid.  I'll be going to see it next weekend.
View Quote

... Exactly. Me too.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 5:38:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I can not for the life of me figure out why anyone here would want to watch that movie...
View Quote

let me know if you figure it out[:D]

Have you heard the song about him chasin a fat chick from a laundry mat into her house and raping her.....

Now that's fuckin artwork [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 5:49:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Really putting thought into it, I think he's a good salesman, selling image and attitude as well as records.  He has a loyal core audience and appeals to the mainstream crowd without "selling out."  The fact is, I'm a hard sale when it comes to characters like him.  I just do not relate to what he's pushing.  I wonder how much of his on screen personality and song content is real emotion and how much is fabricated to appeal to a certain crowd?

Some singers can pull off playing a role on tv shows and film, but they prove it by not portraying a singer or personality they already portray.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 8:01:18 PM EDT
[#27]
If you didnt know 8 mile is a real strip up there or something in the city.
View Quote

Hahaha.  That is an understatement.  You know you are in detroit when you cross over 8 mile.  8 mile divides detroit from the rest of SE michigan for those that didn't know.
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 6:29:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Anyone been to the "Motor Lounge" lately?  Dam that is/was a great club for music.  

View Quote
The Motor Lounge closed back in '84 if you are speaking of the one located in the Book Cadillac hotel downtown. Just this past week, Marriott won the bid to purchase the abandoned hulk and restore it in time for the '06 Superbowl.

Detroit is a blighted shithole of depression.  I left for greener pastures.
View Quote

I am getting ready to get out of here myself. Know anything about the Bend area?
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 7:15:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Whatever your feelings are on Rap, Eminem is great at what he does. He has a huge crossover audience.
View Quote
Quoted:
Really putting thought into it, I think he's a good salesman, selling image and attitude as well as records.
View Quote

So did Hitler. Very appealing, [i]hate[/i] - it's an easy sell.

EDITED To Add - not flaming AR15fan or Moondog, you're just telling it as it is.

Link Posted: 11/2/2002 12:33:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
So did Hitler. Very appealing, [i]hate[/i] - it's an easy sell.
View Quote

... Oh brother! Loosen the bone there Wilma. You [i]could[/i] make generalities like this for just about any artist these days, especially country & western. Goodness gracious. You don't like the music don't listen to it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 12:58:07 PM EDT
[#31]
i like his music. i'll be going to see it when it comes out.
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 9:08:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The Motor Lounge closed back in '84 if you are speaking of the one located in the Book Cadillac hotel downtown.
View Quote

That was before my time.  I am talking about the one on the east side, near Pole town if I remember correctly.  It is/was a building nestled in a residential area.

I am getting ready to get out of here myself. Know anything about the Bend area?
View Quote

Bend is awesome.  I have friends there.  I don't know what you do for work, but the Bend job market is static right now.  If you can make a living there, you'll never look back.  
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 9:30:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I will probably wait until it's out on DVD, but I will rent it. I'd be interested to see Eminem's acting debut. He's pretty animated in his videos, so I figure he's got a shot at being halfway decent.

Ice-T = good actor
Tupac = good actor

who else?
View Quote

What does crack taste like?
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 10:44:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Ice-T = good actor
Tupac = good actor

who else?
View Quote

I haven't see one movie with any rapper in it that was worth a shit.

But just my $.03  

BTW -no flame intended, sorry if it looks like i have.
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 11:10:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Friday is a GREAT movie, and stars rappers.
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 11:16:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Friday is a GREAT movie, and stars rappers.
View Quote

Sorry i'll pass. thanks
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 2:10:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Detroit is the Asshole of the world. The Best thing that ever happened in that city was "Devil's Night" when the people used to burn down houses or as I like to recall it "Urban Renewal". They have now replaced "Devils Night" with the more politically correct event called "Angel's Night"
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 2:51:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Really putting thought into it, I think he's a good salesman, selling image and attitude as well as records.  He has a loyal core audience and appeals to the mainstream crowd without "selling out."  The fact is, I'm a hard sale when it comes to characters like him.  I just do not relate to what he's pushing.  I wonder how much of his on screen personality and song content is real emotion and how much is fabricated to appeal to a certain crowd?
View Quote

I would hazard a guess and say quite a bit, though he obviously has a lot of issues. From my limited personal contact with him I just can't see him as the tough guy.
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 4:04:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Would anyone here let their kids listen to him?  I'm not saying that he should be censored or that the govt. should ban him, but would YOU let YOUR kids listen to him?  And if not, what do you think of the fact that he's marketed to kids every day on MTV?

I bought his last album, and the tunes are pretty catchy.  However, I was surprised at alot of this stuff he says, and realized that alot of parents would have seen the first video from the album (the one where he's robin and Dre is batman), and then bought it for their kids or let their kids buy it.

And to think, when I was a kid adults said our punk-rock music was going to cause us to comit violent acts.  I never remember a punk-rock song talking about how great it is to beat my wife.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top