Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2002 1:57:12 PM EDT
Debating someone on guns on another forum and would like to use that 1.5 to 3.5 million people saved because of guns.  Problem is I don't know where to look.  I forget where I heard you can find it from...FBI?  DOJ?  Who?  Thanks to whomever knows and if possible provide a link...

Non pro gun websites if at all possible...
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 3:42:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't believe such statistics exist, at least I've never seen it. How many people call the cops to tell them they didn't get robbed when they pointed a gun at the robber?

Any time I see something stating that guns have saved 'xxx' lives, it is always an estimated figure.
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 4:11:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not certain, but that sounds like Florida State University criminologist Gary Kleck, writing in "Targeting Guns: Firearms and Their Control", (Walter de Gruyter, Inc., New York, 1997).
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 4:13:37 PM EDT
[#3]
[url]www.guncite.com/gun_control_gcdgeff.html[/url]
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 4:25:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks.  Now I need to disprove the NCVS study that says there were only 100,000 DGU's a year.  Preferably a non-progun site and a Kleck site...already got Kleck's response to it from GunCite but figure better not to use it since it might seem biased of one researcher basically saying I'm right you're wrong...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top