Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2002 11:06:14 AM EDT
[b]Waaaaaaaa!!!

They are LOSING it my friends!  They can't take the pressure.  The Dems are beginning to crack.  [:D]

[size=1]
An indignant U.S. Rep. Julia Carson, [red]D-Ind.[/red], stormed out of a debate Wednesday after refusing to stay on the same stage with her Republican challenger, Brose McVey.

"People's jaws . . . hit the floor," moderator Robert Helms said, when Carson abruptly left the Meridian Hills Kiwanis Club debate amid gasps and scattered applause.

Carson accused McVey of waging the most negative campaign she's faced. McVey later fired back that Carson's diatribe was a "staged act of righteous indignation not warranted by reality."

The dust-up punctuated what has been one of Carson's toughest re-election battles. She's seeking her fourth term in Congress, and polls have shown the race is close.

Wednesday's event was to have been the second of only two debates featuring Carson, McVey and Libertarian Andrew Horning.

But any chance of the forum being remembered for contrasting views on Iraq or prescription drug coverage ended the moment Carson began to speak.

"If I seem rather upset, you are looking at somebody who is extremely hurt by this campaign," she said. "I don't think I have ever in my life seen the political decay, the lowest common denominator that has been applied by my Republican opponent in this particular race. I don't feel comfortable being in the same room with him."

Carson told the audience she's the victim of a "whispering campaign" that she is anti-Semitic -- a charge McVey said he knew nothing about. And she accused him of "racial polarization, jamming my pictures in his TV ads in a very negative way."

McVey later said it was Carson who was "playing the race card" with such comments and said his campaign has sought to be inclusive and diverse.

Carson also is angry about ads against her being run by the National Republican Congressional Committee, which accuses her of not paying her property taxes on time.

In discussing the tax issue, she cited the trauma of her mother's battle with cancer and eventual death as one reason that her attention was "focused on family matters and not outside extraneous matters."

Carson's mother died in 1987. The Marion County treasurer's office shows Carson repeatedly paid her taxes late from at least 1997 through 2001 on three pieces of property she has owned. She now is current on all her tax bills.

McVey said he has no control over what the national committee says but takes responsibility for any ad on his behalf and stands by its substance.
View Quote
[/size=1]

I really hope the good citizens of Indiana reward this woman appropriately by electing Mr. McVey.  That would be sweet!
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 11:23:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Indiana politics in general are... well.. let's just say they are... interesting.
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 11:41:04 AM EDT
[#2]
The DemoCRAPS love to drag Republicans through the mud and trash them left and right, but the minute a Republican says, does, or even thinks anything negative, the Dimocrats cry and complain about it.  Unfortunately, too many republicans are scared off by all the DemocRAT's moaning and groaning, that they often times won't even be critical of a dimocrat because of it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 12:22:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Am I considered a Republican when I post on this board?
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 12:26:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why?  Are you considered a Democrat when you post on another board?
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 12:36:45 PM EDT
[#5]
She didnt walk-out mad at McVey...She walked-out mad at herslf for not being able to say anything intelligent in the debate.

You must realize something about DemocRATS and other people who suck...When an asshole cannot win, they get MAD.

If you get into a debate with someone, and that person gets riled-up enough to pound his fist on the table or do other "ape-like" things, it is then that they know they have lost.

Link Posted: 10/31/2002 12:36:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

if youre a Democrat posting on the boards, we will find out soon enough. the stench seeps through after a while.
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 12:41:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Never considered myself one
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 12:45:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you are posting here because of an interest in firearms of this type, you cannot be a Democrat unless you want this to be a short lived hobby.  

Even if you have a Democratic reprentative/senator that isn't anti gun, this person will vote with extreme antis, simply to retain power.  

Link Posted: 10/31/2002 12:47:28 PM EDT
[#9]
"Every man that denied Union prisoners even the worm-eaten crust of famine, and when some poor emaciated Union patriot, driven to insanity by famine, saw in an insane dream the face of his mother, and she beckoned him and he followed, hoping to press her lips once again against his fevered face, and when he stepped one step beyond the dead line the wretch that put the bullet through his loving, throbbing heart was and is a [b][i][u]Democrat[/u][/i][/b]."
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 12:52:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Never considered myself one
View Quote

Maybe you should start a new topic about this so we don't end up hijacking LWilde's thread any further.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 1:56:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Just look at the Dem's ads ala the catoon of Bush pushing the old lady off the cliff.

Link Posted: 10/31/2002 2:17:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Tspud,
most of us don't give a shit if you are an 'Assatarian' just so long as you believe in the constitution including the second amendment.  Actually, you can be the dimmest of Dimocrats so long as you clearly put forth your case but your ideas are going to be challenged.
Now, you if you know something about guns or want to learn something about guns visit any of our technical forums as no one there cares what you are.
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 2:24:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just look at the Dem's ads ala the catoon of Bush pushing the old lady off the cliff.

View Quote
Its to damn bad there were never any cartoons with clinton puttin the wood to someones underage daughter. That would have been far more realistic.
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 2:28:36 PM EDT
[#14]
All this time I thought the Race Card was the list of the starting positions at the Indy 500?
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 4:37:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Victim-based feminism playing out it's best hand... .
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 5:47:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
"Every man that denied Union prisoners even the worm-eaten crust of famine, and when some poor emaciated Union patriot, driven to insanity by famine, saw in an insane dream the face of his mother, and she beckoned him and he followed, hoping to press her lips once again against his fevered face, and when he stepped one step beyond the dead line the wretch that put the bullet through his loving, throbbing heart was and is a [b][i][u]Democrat[/u][/i][/b]."
View Quote

Hmmm. That sounds like some far-fetched idea of how Confederates treated Yankee prisoners concocted by the Northern Press.

Although Andersonville, near Americus, Georgia, had a death rate of 25% of its Yankee POWs, Camp Morton, near Indianapolis, Indiana, had a death rate of 28% of its Confederate POWs.

Hmmm. I wonder why Confederate POWs died at a higher rate in Indiana, while the Feds had plenty of food available, than the Yankee POWs died in Georgia, where there was no food to speak of?

Intentional mistreatment of POWs, I would suspect...

If you will note, the US Parks Service has a plaque at Andersonville that addresses the problem - the Confederate guards had the same designated ration as the Yankee POWs [u]inside[/u] the camp.

The only differences being that the Confederates were able to 'supplement' their rations with the game they could hunt near the prison camp, and the Yankees, unlike the Confederates, were not used to parched corn and fatback diets.

Too damn bad, eh?

Maybe Gen. Sherman, instead of Captain Wirz, should have been the war criminal hung after the war?

I mean, after all, he could have led his army directly to Andersonville to rescue his fellow Union soldiers, who were in such dire shape.

Instead, he determined to burn a path across Georgia that can still be traced to this day.

And burned foodstores, and crops, that were destined to feed not only the South, but the Yankee prisoners, as well.

Great. America's first home-grown war criminal!

BTW, when your doors are kicked open in the dead of night, and JBTs fill you homes with martial orders and demands, just think of them as Yankee soldiers coming to finish Lincoln's War and Sherman's March.

You won't be far from the truth.

Eric The(Unreconstructed)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 6:08:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Well...that's the end of this thread...time to start up another one.

I owe you one Hun!...[;D]
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 6:23:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Arc_Angel said: The DemoCRAPS love to drag Republicans through the mud and trash them left and right, but the minute a Republican says, does, or even thinks anything negative, the Dimocrats cry and complain about it. Unfortunately, too many republicans are scared off by all the DemocRAT's moaning and groaning, that they often times won't even be critical of a dimocrat because of it.

I find this term DemoCRAPS offensive!

Sir the correct name for this group is DEMONcrats.  Please get it right.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 7:00:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Dim-o-crat seems appropriate also.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 8:29:41 PM EDT
[#20]
ETH, I saw on a PBS show that one of the reasons why Shermans Army followed the path that it did was to follow (as it was) the path of booze and food. If a town was known to have been a "party spot" before the war they would often bypass stratigic towns in order to get to the booze and women.

Maybe Gen. Sherman, instead of Captain Wirz, should have been the war criminal hung after the war?

I mean, after all, he could have led his army directly to Andersonville to rescue his fellow Union soldiers, who were in such dire shape.

Instead, he determined to burn a path across Georgia that can still be traced to this day.

And burned foodstores, and crops, that were destined to feed not only the South, but the Yankee prisoners, as well.

Great. America's first home-grown war criminal!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top