Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2001 5:44:48 PM EDT
ALLOW MYSELF TO BE DRAWN INTO A WAR OF WITS WITH THE UNARMED...I WILL NOT ALLOW MYSELF TO BE DRAWN INTO A WAR OF WITS WITH THE UNARMED...I WILL NOT ALLOW MYSELF TO BE DRAWN INTO A WAR OF WITS WITH THE UNARMED...I WILL NOT ALLOW MYSELF TO BE DRAWN INTO A WAR OF WITS WITH THE UNARMED...I WILL NOT ALLOW MYSELF TO BE DRAWN INTO A WAR OF WITS WITH THE UNARMED...I WILL NOT ALLOW MYSELF TO BE DRAWN INTO A WAR OF WITS WITH THE UNARMED...I WILL NOT ALLOW MYSELF TO BE DRAWN INTO A WAR OF WITS WITH DUMBASS'S...
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 5:48:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 6:26:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Hell, in this case the guy isn't just unarmed...he's standing naked in front of a bullseye with a "kick me" sign taped to his ass.
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 6:38:58 PM EDT
[#3]
[center][}:D][/center]
[center]Hey CavVet, it is I, the devil.
We've been keeping your seat here nice and warm.[/center]

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=15112#lastPost[/url]
[center][}:D][}:)][}:D][}:)][/center]
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 10:59:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Ya know, I'm so grateful that I was raised by parents that taught me to judge folks by their actions. I consider anyone that is a citizen an AMERICAN until I have been subjected to behavior that justifies any other appraisal. I've also seen LEO racism, though not to the extreme as apparently has been the case in Cinci. The people who are rioting, IMO, probably aren't even totally sure what they think they are pissed at, which is a shame. Rev. King must be rolling in his grave, God rest his soul. However, if I were truly able to walk in the shoes of the truly oppressed, I'm sure my reaction would be violent as well. I cannot for the life of me understand why there is still so much animosity on both sides of the fence. We are citizens of the best and by far most rightous, if still somewhat flawed, society in the history of mankind. What will it take to make all of us realize how stupid and wasteful these attitudes are. I do harbor attitudes of dislike for those whos actions deserve it. But how can anyone pass judgement on someone they've never even met?  I just don't get it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 11:54:10 PM EDT
[#5]
This is not a race war, this is a bunch of morons seizing the opportunity to act like complete apes in public, I hope they all get shot. I'm for complete armament of every responsible citizen of every kind.

radioman
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 11:57:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh yeah - I realize that! But there was a situation that got the first of the angry going, who were followed by the looters/vandals.
Shoot Looters On Sight!
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 12:28:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
However, if I were truly able to walk in the shoes of the truly oppressed, I'm sure my reaction would be violent as well.
View Quote

I hope you are not refering to fellow Americans in that statement. No one in this country is "truly oppressed" and frankly, I've grown quite weary of the myth that such a situation does exist in our nation. Ours is a country and society of great opportunity for anyone willing to grasp it. Does it really surpise anyone that people who do not educate and prepare themselves to seize opportunities as they present themselves but rather wait for something to be handed them are often bitter failures instead of inspiring success stories?
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 12:33:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
However, if I were truly able to walk in the shoes of the truly oppressed, I'm sure my reaction would be violent as well.
View Quote

I hope you are not refering to fellow Americans in that statement. No one in this country is "truly oppressed" and frankly, I've grown quite weary of the myth that such a situation does exist in our nation. Ours is a country and society of great opportunity for anyone willing to grasp it. Does it really surpise anyone that people who do not educate and prepare themselves to seize opportunities as they present themselves but rather wait for something to be handed them are often bitter failures instead of inspiring success stories?
View Quote

My line of thought is a little vague there - probably due to the late hour. I used the word "truly" twice to emphasiize the point you made, I just forgot to make it! But if I were, say, a Kurd in Iraq and I had a weapon.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top