Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2002 5:35:15 AM EDT
More from that whacky and zany muslim community!

[url]http://www.memri.org/bin/latestnews.cgi?ID=SD43402[/url]

Pro-Chechen Islamist Website: Islamic Religious Interpretation Permits Killing of Prisoners

On the Islamic internet site www.qoqaz.com which is hostile towards the Russians, and is probably run by Chechens, there are a number of unsigned articles which deal with Islam?s position towards prisoners. Drawing upon Islamic religious sources; e.g., the Koran and its interpretations as well as other traditions about the Prophet?s conduct, the articles advocate a position which permits the killing of prisoners if their killing benefits the Muslims. The following are the main elements in the articles:

[red]?A Guide to the Perplexed about the Permissibility of Killing Prisoners?[/red]

In an article titled ?A Guide to the Perplexed Regarding the Permissibility of Killing Prisoners,? which appeared in the column ?Jihad News from the Land of the Caucasus(1)? the author suggests that the Islamic religious scholars present five different alternatives, drawn from the various interpretations of the Koran:
1) A polytheist prisoner must be killed. No amnesty may be granted to him, nor can he be ransomed.
2) [red]All infidel polytheists and the People of the Book (i.e., Jews and Christians) are to be killed. They may not be granted amnesty, nor can they be ransomed.[/red]
3) Amnesty and ransom are the only two ways to deal with prisoners.
4) Amnesty and ransom are possible only after the killing of a large number of prisoners.
5) The Imam, or someone acting on his behalf, can choose between killing, amnesty, ransom or enslaving the prisoner.

Killing a Prisoner for the Sins of Others is Permissible

The last position is the one preferred by the author who explained that the Prophet Muhammad had dealt with the prisoners in different ways to maximize the benefits to Muslims.

He gives examples regarding the methods that the [red]Prophet Muhammad had chosen to kill, grant amnesty, or ransom prisoners.[/red] (From Mr Terrorist himself)

The author finds it necessary to present the subject in reaction to an Islamic criticism ?which had torn his heart? about the execution of nine [Russian] prisoners after the Russian Government had refused to surrender ?one of Russia?s biggest criminals and crooks.?

According to the author, [the Chechens] have executed the prisoners not because of their heart?s desire, but because they have seen a benefit for the Muslims in such an act.

In reaction to the arguments made by some critics that no one should be punished for the sins of others, the author maintains that [red]Allah permits the killing of a prisoner because he is a prisoner[/red], and all the more so if his killing for the sins of others serves an important Islamic interest, as well as a deterrent (to the enemy). He brings examples from actions of the Prophet. A state of war justifies actions of the sort that could guarantee the security of the soldiers of Islam. Moreover, only with such action is it possible to protect the honor of Muslims.(2)

In an article titled ?Are Hostages Prisoners?? the author explains the concept of ?hostages? in its modern application to local kidnapped individuals and foreigners who are held as a means of pressure to achieve specific goals. According to him, he who was kidnapped in accordance with Islamic law should be considered a hostage, and hence a prisoner, who should be treated in the manner that would bring benefits to the Muslims.(3)

Endnotes:
(1) In an article titled ?Prisoners in Islam? the author indicates that there are five methods that Islam proposes for dealing with prisoners: release without ransom, ransom, killing, enslavement or subjugation to the authority of the Islamic state. The method changes according to circumstances but it has to be one that brings the greatest benefits to Muslims. For example, if amongst the prisoners there is someone who is strong and is likely to tantalize the Muslims and his keeping alive may cause harm to them, his killing will be the preferred method. If there is someone who is weak but wealthy, ransoming him is the best method. If there is someone who holds a favorable view of Muslims and could help them and their prisoners, amnesty is the best method. [red]If there are those who could render a service, such as women and children, enslavement is the best method.[/red]

Looks like "allah" and "mooohamad" have contributed more to a peaceful world and progressive race of people.
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 5:42:40 AM EDT
[#1]
More from the benevolent religion of peace. This should be flying over mecca...  [marines]
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 5:42:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Yup...the religion of peace and love...just like all those weenies blather all the time on the tube and in the press.

On the other hand, anyone who has dealt with these folks damn well knows better.

Any of you guys remember that infamous video tape of the Russian POW being murdered by the Chechens?  Nice...huh?  [puke]

That my friends is what the world is up against with these monsters.
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 5:46:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Anyone see the tape of the torture, then execution of prisoners?  Someone posted a link here in the past and that was truly disturbing.  I wish more people saw that on prime time tv.  

The complacency of Americans will continue to kill us.  The media make terrorism out to be from a very small group of "extremists," yet they aren't all that extreme when you compare them to their religion.

Truly a religion that should be wiped off the face of earth.
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 6:08:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Truly a religion that should be wiped off the face of earth.
View Quote

Are you saying all Muslims should be killed?
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 6:14:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Read into it what you'd like it to mean, you've done so in the past anyway.

I believe in doing ALL that is neccessary in enabling MY people (ie. you, me, this board, AMERICA) from becoming victims again.  I don't know if I could manage seeing this happen again up close and personnal.

If you don't believe in preserving our way of life by bringing their fight TO THEM, then sit on your hands and wait for your turn, because they'll get you if they had their way.  

In the meantime, why don't you tell me a couple redeaming points about the Islamic religion since you are such a proponent of it?  

Link Posted: 10/30/2002 7:00:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Greg, check IM...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top