Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2013 6:13:43 PM EDT
Someone at work brought it up at work last week.  I did a few searches here and there and came up with...well...not much.  

But here is this vague nonsense I have been able to gather.

Main new feature is the V6 engine option.  Displacement is town to 3.5L but horsepower is up to 260.  This is up from the 237hp on the current 4.0L V6.  I have found no mention of torque figures.

Fuel economy is rumored to be 26 MPG with a direct injection V6.  No mention if this is with the crew cab and a 6' bed or not.  I doubt it.

A mention of overall lowered height with no sacrifice to ground clearance for better aerodynamics.  No other mention from what I have been able to find on overall dimensions, but I predict a smaller interior and maybe the loss of the 6' bed option, which would be a big mistake in my opinion.  

I thought there was a chance Toyota would offer a diesel option on a redesign.  I have not been able to find even a hint at this.

Other than the offering of a diesel, I didn't really expect much out of a redesign other than a new engine with mildly better MPG.  I'm sure the interior will be fitted with in dash GPS as well as connectivity for any media player you want to plug in.   How much can they really offer outside of the engine?

I own a '07 crew cab long bed (6') with '80k-ish miles and I love the thing, except for the sub-par brakes, it is perfect for me and my dog.  

Anyone care to offer information or an opinion/speculation on the redesign?

Thank you for your time.

I have a sneaky suspicion that overall interior cab volume will decrease across all options, and perhaps the option of a 6' bed will be eliminated.  Just my suspicions.  No hard data.

What say you?   Care to speculate?

Link Posted: 8/8/2013 6:15:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Pure speculation is it will upsize to a half ton.

The ecoboost and pentastar will make the compact truck category obsolete,

Rumor has it they fixed the leaf spring squeak and gave it ballsy brakes and work lights.
Link Posted: 8/8/2013 6:18:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Not sure how accurate this is.
Link Posted: 8/8/2013 6:20:11 PM EDT
[#3]
2015 news:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/289152-2015-tacoma-no-more-single-cab.html

2014:

WHAT'S NEW FOR 2014 TOYOTA
TACOMA – ON SALE DATE: SEPT. 2013

EXTERIOR
-Two new colors: Silver Sky Metallic 1D6 and Blue Ribbon Metallic 8T5 (replaces Silver 1E7 and Blue 8S6

INTERIOR
-Multimedia update: Expanded headunit/Entune availability includes: Entune Audio, Entune Audio Plus, Entune Premium Audio, and Entune Premium JBL Audio
-Backup monitor image moved to headunit (from inner mirror)

MECHANICAL
-Carryover

OTHER
-X-Runner Grade discontinued for 2014 MY
-SR Package (available on Pre-Runner and 4x4 Access and Double Cab Base Grades) includes: Color Key Exterior Appearance (including overfenders, door handles, bumpers, grille surround, outside mirrors); smoked headlamps; fog lights (on V6 models); available in Pyrite Mica, Spruce Mica and Nautical Blue Metallic exterior colors only
-In-line 16-inch Alloy Baja Wheel with Black finish (part of ST package)
Link Posted: 8/8/2013 6:20:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Seems sketchy. 09 may be getting traded in though
Link Posted: 8/8/2013 6:23:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Wow, it has 260 Hewlett  Packards?

"The particular six-cylinder, we would view a downsize to a 3.5 L can also use a completely new head design that applies regarding 260 Hewlett Packard and 260 lb-ft regarding torsion, we would go to a six-speed automatic generates also because manual as well as a lift throughout potency. Your 2014 Toyota Tacoma ought to have a base two-wheel-drive four-cylinder getting close to 30 miles per gallon, whilst the six-cylinder motor is going to be more detailed twenty six mpg."
Link Posted: 8/8/2013 6:25:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

"The particular six-cylinder, we would view a downsize to a 3.5 L can also use a completely new head design that applies regarding 260 Hewlett Packard and 260 lb-ft regarding torsion, we would go to a six-speed automatic generates also because manual as well as a lift throughout potency. Your 2014 Toyota Tacoma ought to have a base two-wheel-drive four-cylinder getting close to 30 miles per gallon, whilst the six-cylinder motor is going to be more detailed twenty six mpg."
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is the conversion rate between detailed mpg and standard mpg? Do I have to consider the regarding torsion, or is that covered in the lift throughout potency?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/8/2013 6:31:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I haven't heard anything about any significant changes for the Taco.  Tundra, 4Runner, and Corolla get updates for '14.  The Corolla is a huge change; the others are generally cosmetic.  The '14 Tundras are inbound now.  I should be able to get behind the wheel of the new Toyotas in the next week I'm sure.  ;)

I was behind the wheel of 8 Tacos, 4 Tundras, a Rav 4 and a Camry today, by the way.

-p.

Link Posted: 8/8/2013 6:35:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Yawn

Let me know when they wise up and get a diesel Tacoma

Until then I'll drive my 04 into the ground

Link Posted: 8/8/2013 6:37:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Tundra vs Taco - should I do it? I
Link Posted: 8/8/2013 6:41:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yawn

View Quote

I'd kill for a diesel hilux
Link Posted: 8/8/2013 6:46:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes, yes, yes....

But how many Torques does it have?
Link Posted: 8/8/2013 6:48:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I haven't heard anything about any significant changes for the Taco.  Tundra, 4Runner, and Corolla get updates for '14.  The Corolla is a huge change; the others are generally cosmetic.  The '14 Tundras are inbound now.  I should be able to get behind the wheel of the new Toyotas in the next week I'm sure.  ;)

I was behind the wheel of 8 Tacos, 4 Tundras, a Rav 4 and a Camry today, by the way.

-p.
View Quote

where do you work?
Link Posted: 8/8/2013 6:48:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Did Toyota ever design a real truck frame for either?
Link Posted: 8/8/2013 6:49:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/8/2013 6:50:55 PM EDT
[#15]
I've never bought new, I'm waiting for a diesel Tacoma to do so. Looks like ill be waiting a while longer
Link Posted: 8/8/2013 7:00:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yawn

I have an 11.  I want a diesel.  I want them to stop messing with diesel and I want them to build some damn cars with it.  

And the supply and demand thing I am sure someone is going to spit in here is skewed because they have screwed with diesel to make it 'clean' and now somehow diesel has to cost more than gas.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top