Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2002 7:22:44 PM EDT
On Wednesday, October 30, NRA members and fellow sportsmen will have the opportunity to make their voices heard on re-zoning proposals that may threaten the future of the Ben Avery Shooting Facility in Phoenix.

Combined with increased government efforts to close public land to recreational shooting, range re-zoning could spell disaster for Arizona's shooting heritage. Gun owners must stand united against these dangerous re-zoning efforts.

The public meeting will be held on Wednesday, October 30, at 7:00 p.m. at the Paradise Valley Community Center, 17402 N. 40th Street in Phoenix. Please call the Ben Avery Shooting Facility at (623) 582-8313
for more information. Public discourse on this proposed re-zoning plan will not only impact the future of the Ben Avery Shooting Facility, but the future of shooting sports in Arizona; NRA members and fellow sportsmen must make a strong showing.

To contact NRA-ILA call 800-392-8683.

Link Posted: 10/29/2002 7:25:55 PM EDT
[#1]
See you there.

I wonder if the GERMAN film crew will show up...

[:D]

Link Posted: 10/29/2002 7:44:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Shit! Where will we shoot if BA goes away? I'm very concerned. This is where i fired my first shots of legal firearm ownership!
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 7:56:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I hope you guys save that place.  It is the best public range I have EVER seen!  Please do  not lose this treasure of the shooting community.  Please don't take it for granted!!

If I were King, every county and parish would have a facility like Ben Avery.
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 12:23:30 AM EDT
[#4]
their is always the range off of Ellsworth. Thats where I go since it is closest to me... Take the 60 east to ellsworth and turn left. You;ll be up in the mountains a way and the range is right under the huge PHOENIX written in white rocks. range goes out to 300 yards.
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 5:10:27 AM EDT
[#5]

BTT

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top