Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2002 12:38:31 PM EDT
GODDAMN IT!!! THIS SUCKS. i need advice.

i purposely got this insurance company (E. W. Smith) because they insure "pistols" & "rifles". i spent a month puting pictures, reciepts, & compiling a comprhensive (and rather impressive) picture book together for them to look at so i could "schedule" my babies.

i send the info to my agent, to which he replied; "HOLLY SHIT! THOSE ARE COOL!" and stated that he was impressed with my attention to detail on money numbers. i got the total dollar worth pretty damn close. he said i should have NO PROBLEMS.

well, a month goes by and he calls & says that the underwriters won't insure them because they're concerned about the type of rifles they are. the person also told him "well, i have hunting rifles insured, but this is just too much." they're are worried about "liability". [rolleyes]  my agent went on to tell this ass crunchy how that there's NOTHING in the books that say they insure only certain types of rifles, and that these should be no problem. i guess they didn't buy it.

THEY WON'T INSURE MY BABIES!!! [pissed] [stick] [pissed]

now WTF do i do?   what a bunch of dick masters!
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 12:40:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 12:42:04 PM EDT
[#2]
load up, go down ther and shoot everyfuckingbody.
well, that seems to be the popular response nowdays.
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 12:54:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
load up, go down ther and shoot everyfuckingbody.
well, that seems to be the popular response nowdays.
View Quote

Uuhhm, considering recent events in the media you should really think twice before posting a statement like that. Granted, its in jest but we are under the microscope!
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 1:06:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Uuhhm, considering recent events in the media you should really think twice before posting a statement like that. Granted, its in jest but we are under the microscope![/quote]

ditto
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 1:09:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 1:11:16 PM EDT
[#6]
ditto on the ditto.

WWoodworth
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 1:16:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 1:16:33 PM EDT
[#8]
i can name ten different insurance companies that will schedule you firearms regaurdless of what they are. go and start up a new homeowners policy, once it issues call you agent and tell him to add on your firearms. DO NOT give them photos, they are unnecesary. the only thing you will need to provide is an appraisal. if you go with allstate, state farm, or farmers there will be no underwrtters involved, only a computerized endorsement.

there's such a thing as too much information and that's what you gave your last agent.

ian
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 1:17:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Did you try the NRA?
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 1:24:12 PM EDT
[#10]
i'll be going with the NRA now. i provided pics because that's what they wanted. they even knew i'm in LE, and still wouldn't insure it. not that it should make a difference, i'm not even sure if i'd accept it if they OK'd the policy based on that alone.
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 1:48:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Them is some sorry bastages!

Kinda like our "Home-dis-Owners" insurance here in TEXAS.

They are all crooked...Just some are more crooked than others!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 2:09:25 PM EDT
[#12]
you may want to try travelers. i believe they insure up to 5000.00 without any questions asked about firearm specifics. maybe you could add aditional coverage for the needed value.
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 2:13:34 PM EDT
[#13]
At $2 per $100 of value, you should look at the cost of a fireproof safe compared to the  premium.
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 2:15:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Are you or have you ever been in the military?

USAA has decent coverage. I have them. Default policy covers $2000 worth of firearms. Extra coverage is available for extra cost. They never asked me any questions about my firearms at all.
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 5:45:16 PM EDT
[#15]
I looked into insurance several years back, and it was costly. I figured out that three years worth of premiums equalled a nice safe. The safe has a guarantee against loss due to fire and theft. Plus that's one less database that my firearms records are stored on. That's worth something right there.
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 6:01:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
you may want to try travelers. i believe they insure up to 5000.00 without any questions asked about firearm specifics. maybe you could add aditional coverage for the needed value.
View Quote

Be careful not scheduling your firearms.  The coverage you are talking about only covers the "covered causes of loss" in your policy.  Typically the 5K restriction is just for the peril of theft.  Fire, etc. is usually covered up to the limits of your personal property limit.  Scheduling gives you MUCH broader coverage, such as mysterious dissapearance (no proof of theft).

DISCLAIMER: please consult your individual policies to determine coverage and discuss with your independent agt

Scot (call center mgr for insurance company/ licensed insurance agt in 48 states)
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 6:07:03 PM EDT
[#17]
I have All State. My guns are covered even if I am in the woods and  stop to fertilize the local and when I'm done, I can't find my gun. I just give them a call.  Presto new gun.
And no I haven't done this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top