Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/6/2013 2:24:10 PM EDT
2011 2500 crew cab.  Every bell and whistle you can think of. I swear there is a blowjob attachment under the steering wheel the way he brags on that truck.

He bought a fishing boat last week, matching color scheme to the truck.  Very nice 20' Sea Fox with a custom graphics package and aluminum trailer.

On his very first try at towing he has blown the transmission. Fluid everywhere.  Did not even make it the 7 miles from the boat dealer to his house.  I don't even think there is any road on the way greater than a 45mph zone.

A frigging truck with only 41K of in-town driving. I don't even think he's put a 2'x4" in the bed before.  He's facing $3500 in repair costs according to the dealer, not to mention the embarrassment of having to call me to take his boat home while the wrecker dragged off his Chevy.

I REALLY hope he bought the extended warranty.  

Link Posted: 8/6/2013 2:25:40 PM EDT
[#1]
How on earth did he manage to do that? Was the boat filled with lead?
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 2:26:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 8/6/2013 2:26:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Details.

You're story is completely lacking them.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 2:27:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Gonna need a explanation on how he fucked up that badly.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 2:27:58 PM EDT
[#5]
LOL
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 2:27:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gonna need a explanation on how he fucked up that badly.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/6/2013 2:28:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds about right for a Chevy. Built for cruising but can't work for a living.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 2:29:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
2011 2500 crew cab.  Every bell and whistle you can think of. I swear there is a blowjob attachment under the steering wheel the way he brags on that truck.

He bought a fishing boat last week, matching color scheme to the truck.  Very nice 20' Sea Fox with a custom graphics package and aluminum trailer.

On his very first try at towing he has blown the transmission. Fluid everywhere.  Did not even make it the 7 miles from the boat dealer to his house.  I don't even think there is any road on the way greater than a 45mph zone.

A frigging truck with only 41K of in-town driving. I don't even think he's put a 2'x4" in the bed before.  He's facing $3500 in repair costs according to the dealer, not to mention the embarrassment of having to call me to take his boat home while the wrecker dragged off his Chevy.

I REALLY hope he bought the extended warranty.  

View Quote

Was this a duramax/ with the Allison transmission? If so there is more to the story because the Allison tranny is a beast and that load ain't shit.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 2:29:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Going to guess it had nothing to do with pulling the boat.

3/4 ton truck will easily pull a 20' boat.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 2:29:19 PM EDT
[#10]
no warranty on that?

boat should have been nothing for a 3/4 ton to pull

Link Posted: 8/6/2013 2:30:24 PM EDT
[#11]
The newer ones have had some tranny issues.  It should be covered by warranty.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 2:30:44 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

How on earth did he manage to do that? Was the boat filled with lead? cocaine?
View Quote
FTFY

Link Posted: 8/6/2013 2:30:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Sea Fox boats - POS

Bad taste in trucks, bad taste in boats . . . .
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 2:31:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Does the powertrain warranty not apply?
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 2:31:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Left the parking brake on?
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 2:31:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Shouldn't it still be under drive train warranty?
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 2:31:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/6/2013 2:32:17 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that something was going on with the tranny before towing the boat.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 2:32:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Sea Fox boats - POS

Bad taste in trucks, bad taste in boats . . . .
View Quote

Agree.
But your assertion has dick-all to do with this thread.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 2:32:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Did he turn on the towing mode?

Link Posted: 8/6/2013 2:33:22 PM EDT
[#21]
This story reeks of BS its under warranty, SeaFox  is not a "Nice Boat"  etc etc etc
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 2:33:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Okay.

Link Posted: 8/6/2013 2:33:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would think so. Must be more to the story.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 2:34:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Vague thread is vague.

Oh, and just because you are towing, does not mean its cool to put it in 4 low on the hwy.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 2:36:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Something's not right here. I've towed a ton of shit with my 2011, and not a single problem for 120,000 miles. And it's a gasser.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 2:39:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 2:42:10 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://67.22.142.103/forum/images/smilies/jack.gif

Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay.

The fuck would I know, we only had a fleet of 60 trucks over the last two decades, which started out as Chevies and were replaced with Fords when the Chevies quickly became unserviceable. The Fords on average were lasting 200,000 for the gas and 300,000 for the diesel before we traded them in. The Chevies sucked.

That said, recent Ford diesels were shit so we just bought gas trucks and saved $8,000 up front.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 2:42:54 PM EDT
[#28]
If obama had a truck...
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 2:43:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The fuck would I know, we only had a fleet of 60 trucks over the last two decades, which started out as Chevies and were replaced with Fords when the Chevies quickly became unserviceable. The Fords on average were lasting 200,000 for the gas and 300,000 for the diesel before we traded them in. The Chevies sucked.

That said, recent Ford diesels were shit so we just bought gas trucks and saved $8,000 up front.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay.

Like a Rock, bitch! Suck my coal smoke! Wooooooo!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 2:45:11 PM EDT
[#30]
What engine does it have? If it has the duramax it has the bulletproof Allison trans in it.

There is alot missing from your story.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 2:45:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 2:49:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Family has used chevy and ford trucks of all kinds and sizes (2 ton, 1/2 ton, diesel, gas) in farming for 60 years.  The heavy grain trucks are run hard for 3 weeks out of the year and stored outside for the rest of it.  The regular farm trucks were treated like..well, farm trucks.  Hauled stuff, driven through the mud, bounced hard across prairie dog infested grass day in and out.

Our experience has been the opposite of yours.

Link Posted: 8/6/2013 2:49:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Pay at 41k miles on a 2 year old truck?

He must have some mods the dealer doesn't like.  Pulling a 20ft boat would not void the warranty.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 2:51:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Mine at 70K.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 2:51:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Fascinating.  Was he dragging the boat's anchor or something?
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 2:52:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Family has used chevy and ford trucks of all kinds and sizes (2 ton, 1/2 ton, diesel, gas) in farming for 60 years.  The heavy grain trucks are run hard for 3 weeks out of the year and stored outside for the rest of it.  The regular farm trucks were treated like..well, farm trucks.  Hauled stuff, driven through the mud, bounced hard across prairie dog infested grass day in and out.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

3 weeks a year? I come from the masonry business. We use 'em hard the other 49, too.

I did break the axle in an F-550 once though, loaded it up to about 32,000 pounds GVW regularly for a while. That's 12,000 past what it was supposed to be loaded to.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 2:52:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Yes, there is a lot missing. Touch-typing on a Kindle sucks.

I have no idea if it's under warranty. I don't buy Chevy products and have no clue as to their warranty.   According to him, the dealer  seems to think not if he's quoting him that much $$.

I have no idea of engine or transmission.  It would be the biggest and most expensive, whatever that is.  That's just the way my friend does things.

BTW:  He's an architect. Not a lot of hard use on that truck, unless you count grocery runs as hard use.  Judging by the puddle under the thing when I showed up to take the boat, there isn't an ounce of fluid left in that transmission.

I highly doubt he even knows what a dipstick is.  It may have been tuned, that "more power" midset of his.  If so, he had someone do it for him.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 2:53:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Does the powertrain warranty not apply?
View Quote

He could have toggled to the transmission temp guage mode.  I would have.  There's also a towing program for the transmission.

And, of course, the transmission has a dipstick.  Did he ever even touch it?
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 2:53:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay.

In what way were they not serviceable?
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 2:54:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

100,000 miles.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 2:55:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Thought they had a 10yr 100k mile powertrain warranty?

How many miles did he have on it? 41k?

It should be covered by warranty.....must be something missing.......

Did he tune it or something?
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 2:57:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Why would he need an extended warranty on a 2011 truck with 41k on the odometer?
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 2:58:01 PM EDT
[#43]
I have no idea if it's under warranty. I don't buy Chevy products and have no clue as to their warranty. According to him, the dealer seems to think not if he's quoting him that much $$.
View Quote
All this really tells us is that the dealer is trying to weasel out of paying for any repairs, even if they are under warranty, which is SOP. Even if it is still under warranty, I bet he has to get corporate involved.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 2:59:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Why would he need an extended warranty on a 2011 truck with 41k on the odometer?
View Quote

Because it's a Chevy...duh.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 3:01:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Did he tune it or something?
View Quote

BINGO!
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 3:02:19 PM EDT
[#46]
The name Allison doesn't mean shit in the diesel world.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 3:06:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Something's not right here. I've towed a ton of shit with my 2011, and not a single problem for 120,000 miles. And it's a gasser.
View Quote

The boat weighs more than a ton.  Probably about 2 tons wet with trailer and gear.

And I call bs on the story.  No one thinks a Sea Fox is a "very nice" boat.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 3:06:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Damn. Did they leave the boat locked to the dealership with the chain or something????
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 3:07:52 PM EDT
[#49]
good thing chevys come standard with heated tailgates....

you know, so your hands don't get cold when you push it back to the dealership.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 3:08:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that something was going on with the tranny before towing the boat.
View Quote

Had to be.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top