Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2002 11:51:54 AM EDT
They're beautiful. They're photogenic. They're also often a few feathers short of a duck. Here are some memorable quotes from some of our favorite supermodels. Remember, it's not what you say, it's what you say.

ON THINKING: "When I model, I pretty much blank. You can't think too much or it doesn't work." (Paulina Porizkova)

ON COURAGE: "They were doing a full back shot of me in a swimsuit and I thought, Oh my God, I have to be so brave. See, every woman hates herself from behind." (Cindy Crawford)

ON SELF-KNOWLEDGE: "Everywhere I went, my cleavage followed. But I learned I am not my cleavage." (Carole Mallory)

ON POVERTY: "Everyone should have enough money to get plastic surgery."
(Beverly Johnson)

ON ROLE MODELS: "If you eat right and you exercise and you get breast implants, you can look like us." (Gena Lee Nolan)

ON FATE: "I wish my butt did not go sideways, but I guess I have to face that." (Christie Brinkley)

ON ARRIVING: "Because modeling is lucrative, I'm able to save up and be more particular about the acting roles I take." (Kathy Ireland, star of Alien from L.A. and Danger Island)

ON CAREER CHOICES: "My boyfriend thinks I lost my true calling to be a librarian." (Paulina Porizkova)

ON PRIORITIES: "I would rather exercise than read a newspaper." (Kim Alexis)

ON GEOPOLITICS: "Mick Jagger and I just really liked each other a lot. We talked all night. We had the same views on nuclear  disarmament." (Jerry Hall)

ON THE CONSERVATION OF MATTER: "I've looked in the mirror every day for 20
years. It's the same face." (Claudia Schiffer)

ON INNER STRENGTH: "I love the confidence that makeup gives me." (Tyra Banks)

ON TRAVEL: "I haven't seen the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, the Louvre. I haven't seen anything. I don't really care." (Tyra Banks)

ON BREAKTHROUGHS: "Once I got past my anger toward my mother, I began to excel in volleyball and modeling." (Gabrielle Reece)

ON EPIPHANY: "I just found out that I'm one inch taller than I thought."  (Christie Brinkley)

ON HEREDITY: "My husband was just OK looking. I was in labor and I said to him, 'What if she's ugly? You're ugly.'" (Beverly Johnson)

ON THE BASICS: "It's very important to have the right clothing to exercise in. If you throw on an old t-shirt or sweats, it's not inspiring for your
workout." (Cheryl Tiegs)

ON INTRODUCTIONS: "I think most people are curious about what it would be like to be able to meet yourself-it's eerie." (Christy Turlington)

ON COURTSHIP: "The soundtrack to Indecent Exposure is a romantic mix of music that I know most women love to hear, so I never keep it far from me when women are nearby." (Fabio)

ON TRAGEDY: "The worst was when my skirt fell down to my ankles-but I had on thick tights underneath." (Naomi Campbell)

ON SURVIVAL: "If I'm making a movie and get hungry, I call time-out and eat some  crackers." (Carol Alt)

ON OCCUPATIONAL HAZARDS: "I tried on 250 bathing suits in one afternoon and ended up having little scabs up and down my thighs, probably from some of those with sequins all over them." (Cindy Crawford)

ON LOGIC: "I think if my butt's not too big for them to be photographing it, then it shouldn't be too big for me." (Christy Turlington)

ON VERSATILITY: "I can do anything you want me to do so long as I don't have to speak." (Linda Evangelista)

ON BODY PARTS: "I don't know what to do with my arms. It just makes me feel weird and I feel like people are looking at me and that makes me nervous." (Tyra Banks)

ON BODY LANGUAGE: "You can usually tell when I'm happy by the fact that I've gained weight." (Christy Turlington)

ON DEPRIVATION: "If they had Nautilus on the Concorde, I would work out all the time." (Linda Evangelista)

ON THE GRIEVING PROCESS: "When my Azzedine jacket from 1987 died, I wrapped
it up in a box, attached a note saying where it came from and took it to the Salvation Army. It was a big loss." (Veronica Webb)

ON VENGEANCE: "Girls are always getting mad at each other and they tell their hairdresser to purposely mess up another girl's hair." (Tasha)

ON MOTIVATION: "It was kind of boring for me to have to eat. I would know that I had to, and I would." (Kate Moss)

ON ECONOMICS: "I don't wake up for less than $10,000 a day." (Linda Evangelista)
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 12:17:49 PM EDT
[#1]
[img]http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/pubimage.asp?id_=913749[/img]
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 12:23:40 PM EDT
[#2]
They talk?  Who would have guessed!

Also, who cares?
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 12:30:03 PM EDT
[#3]
[img]http://thewolfweb.com/photos/Fermat/fullsize/2402.jpg[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top