Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2001 3:47:18 PM EDT
Interested in moving to a small Western town(must be in gun friendly state)for retirement. Does anyone have any ideas? would like town where real estate has not been driven through the roof by the Kalifonios. Thanks to all!
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 3:52:21 PM EDT
[#1]
You might check out Smith and Wellington and the Walker River area in Nevada. Real pretty country...
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 3:53:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Idaho - Sandpoint o Coeur d'Alene
Wyoming - Cody
Montana - Big Timber, Helena, Deer Lodge, Polson
Good luck, I've vacationed in all these spots except for Sandpoint which is a little "white power", but as good a right wing area as you can get.
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 4:21:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Noname, thanks for the info on Nevada,sounds like a neat area and close to the Sierra but no Calif. gun laws.
Xanadu, appreciate your info also, have heard good things about Coeur d'Lene. Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 5:38:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I just want to say good luck with the move. I wish I could move from NY. I also want to try some smilies.[grenade]     [pistol]

I think this is my favorite [sex]
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 6:02:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Just stay away from the Black Hills Of SD,  too many coming in from both coasts(lot of PRK), driving up property values and bringing the problems they tried too get away from.  Way too many tree huggers moving in.  Still a very gun-friendly place to be.
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 6:06:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Colorado is too expensive. Only the Kansas border counties and the New Mexico border counties are still affordable. Maybe the coming recession will change that hopefully.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top