Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2002 3:03:18 AM EDT
So let's say, theoretically, that tomorrow, all guns were banned.  All citizens are ordered to submit their firearms to nearby collection centers.  Anyone in possession of guns after a 30 day grace period will be arrested, so you've got 30 days before the feds knock on your door.

Option 1: Shoot the bastards on your doorstep, and die a martyr, but hopefully take a few alphabet agents with you.  Maybe they'll think twice before the next house.

Option 2: Run for the hills, hiding out wherever you can, or just become a drifter/nomad.  Wait for a more opportune time, and then decide whether to attack (remember that there is a warrant out for your arrest in this case).

Option 3: Hide your firearms in any way you can (bury, give to friends, whatever).  Claim to have lost or sold them, with whatever repercussions that entails.  Await the revolution, if it comes.

I know there is some gray area here.  Those of us who are non-California residents may have made a few private purchases over the years, and so one could hide the private ones and give over the registered ones (basically a variation of option 3).  But I would say most viable options are included in the above categories.

What do you think?

PS: I would add a poll if I could, but I can't [:(]
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 3:18:10 AM EDT
[#1]
well being a good citizen like i am, I would never suggest violence. But if (gun owners) traded lets say one for one, using option one it seems that the people showing up at doors would run out of people. Arnt there like 80 million gun owners. It seems this would be the case even if they just singled out owners of military style wepons, like ARs and AKs. I truely feel the antis agenda is to get guns over the long term with education goals aimed at brainwashing your kids in the public school system. Many kids today are being taught weird shit about the second ammendment and the governments role in general.
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 3:25:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 3:50:26 AM EDT
[#3]
If they passed a law, all the guns would magically disappear.  Didn't you know that?  That's how gun control works.  There's a gun fairy that goes around and takes guns from the evil law breakers and gives them to the noble ATF agents.
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 3:54:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Guns? What guns?
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 4:03:16 AM EDT
[#5]
[b]And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether the would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling in terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand....The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt![/b]
..................... Alexander Solzhenitsyn, [b][i]The Gulag Archipelago[/b][/i]

So, shouldn't we listen to a man who was a victim of the same sort of totalitatarian shit that may face us one day?

Eric The(JustSayNo!ToGulagUSA)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 8:34:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
[b]And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether the would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling in terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand....The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt![/b]
..................... Alexander Solzhenitsyn, [b][i]The Gulag Archipelago[/b][/i]

So, shouldn't we listen to a man who was a victim of the same sort of totalitatarian shit that [s]may[/s] [red]will[/red] face us one day?

Eric The(JustSayNo!ToGulagUSA)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Sorry, had to correct you.
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 8:43:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I like option#1, but why wait?
Start shootin' the anti gunners right now.
Lebrew
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 8:45:46 AM EDT
[#8]
minion82,

I think if you asked everyone here, they would tell you they already got rid of theirs like I got rid of mine.

Link Posted: 10/29/2002 9:02:08 AM EDT
[#9]
No guns here either.  So I guess I would be forced to don my favorite mall ninja attire and then prolly flip out and start chopping off their heads!

edited cuz ninjas kant spell[uzi]
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 9:05:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Hide them and wait.  Think about it, for awhile there the cops where mostly unarmed, till they figured out banning guns didn't stop criminals.  There maybe millions and millions of gun owners, but most of them are probably just CCW people who only own that one gun and duck hunters.  These are the types that will give them up.
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 10:40:11 AM EDT
[#11]

You're making a common mistake that will cost you the war.

"Don't expect this this war to be like the previous war."

In other words, that's NOT how gun bans are going to go down in this country.

It will be a slow, incremental suffocation of gunowners. Little-by-little. Never a total ban.

[b]Incremental gun confiscation is already underway.

House-by-house, slowly but surely, one gun-owner at a time.

EVERYONE'S guns have already been banned, they're just taking their time rounding them up.[/b]

Eventually you'll break one of their Draconian laws and the Feds will knock on your door and cart off your guns because you got in a bar fight 20yrs ago or because you called a mugger a "ni@@er" once or because you got a DUI 20yrs ago or because you signed your "standard" divorce papers or because you kicked the neighbor's dog or simply because some Mayor or City Council decides that "there's no good reason to have that type of gun."

They will never ban ALL guns at once. Don't plan for that.

The REAL question you should ask yourself is,  "What will you do when [b]YOU[/b] are singled out and ordered to surrender your guns?"

And it's gonna happen.

What will you do then?

5:00am - [i]{Knock-knock}[/i] "Police."

You: You peek out the door, "What's going on?"

Police: "We have a search warrant, please come with us while we search your house."

[b][red]So what will you do AT THAT MOMENT???[/RED][/B]

Link Posted: 10/29/2002 10:50:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Police: "We have a search warrant, please come with us while we search your house."

View Quote

More like:

3:30AM - [i]Bang!!! Crash!!![/i]  "Police, search warrant!!"

You - You peak out the bedroom door with revolver in hand.  "Who is there; what do you want; get out of my house I'm armed"

Police - [i]Gun!! Gun!![/i] BangBangBangBangBangBangBangBangBangBangBangBangBangBangBangBangBangBangBangBang!!!!!!!!!!!!

[red]So what will [b]YOU DO AS MY NEIGHBOR?[/b][/red]

Personally, dead cops don't choke me up.  The tax collectors during the Whiskey Rebellion were tarred, feathered, and run out of town on a rail.  Their families were forced to flee in disgrace.  Their homes were burned to the ground, and their livestock slaughtered.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 11:01:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 11:30:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 11:50:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Option 4 - 'comply' - with the letter of the law.  Fight 'em in court for a long as is legally possible.  Sure they take 'your gun'(s) ;) but only at a cost exceeding the value of your target.  Support defence funds.  Organize resistance.  Teach a kid to shoot.  Be bait.  Be a hard target.  Exceed their expections and capabilities.  Prepare.  Plan.  Think outside the box.  Be mainstream.  Have backup plans.  Compartmentalize and reduce damage to acceptable levels.  Expect anything in your home to be subject to seizure/theft/destruction at any moment.  Take a city person hunting.  Live a good family life.  Pray.  Learn to make 'truck parts' and 'bicycle adapters'.  Consider your assets expendable.  Start a railroad.  Provide food for the hungry, shelter for the homeless, and treatment for the sick.  Don't paint yourself into a corner.  Be a chameleon.  Be your elected representative.  Join groups.  Organize groups.  Act alone.  Act with others.  Get an education - they can't seize that.  Learn. Teach.  Expose hypocrisy.  Never surrender.
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 12:10:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Let's just say that all my guns were magically poofed into a secret cache that nobody can find. Let's also just say that in the event this hypothetical situation would ever happen, the underground resistance which conducts clandestine, nighttime, secret operations will be well armed.

Viva la Resistance.
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 12:13:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Redmanfms, not even.  I know I guy who got raided.  He woke up 3:30 am on the couch with a MP5 pointing down at him.  They just rammed down the door, felt no need to announce they were gonna search his house.
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 12:34:49 PM EDT
[#18]
[img]http://thewolfweb.com/photos/Fermat/fullsize/7201.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 12:39:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't know about you guys but when I hear gunshots in my neighborhood (Which is almost never, but has happened) I grab my AR and get to the window, ready to go.

If you were my neighbor, ATF/SWAT/Local Cops will have a hell of a time not feeding Babe.

I think I could at least get 5/1 ratio before I go too.

Remember the motto-
"After the first, the rest are free."
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 10:55:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
[red]Personally, dead cops don't choke me up.[/red]
View Quote

[:\]

Quoted:
The tax collectors during the Whiskey Rebellion were tarred, feathered, and run out of town on a rail.  Their families were forced to flee in disgrace.  Their homes were burned to the ground, and their livestock slaughtered.  
View Quote
Hmmm...

You advocating tarring & feathering cops?

Again, it's not gonna be a "stormtrooper" assault on your home.

Example:
[i]From Washington Times 1/29/2002:

Maryland State Police seized firearms from Larry L. Dicken's home outside Cumberland in August, even taking with them his hunting rifle.

In conducting a background check on Mr. Dicken for a handgun purchase, police discovered that he had been involved in a [b]1983[/b] shoving match over a property line. Although it wasn't Mr. Dicken's only conviction — he had been convicted on two assault-and-battery charges and two assault charges between 1980 and 1983 — the shoving incident prompted police to take his guns.

Mr. Dicken acknowledges receiving convictions two decades ago but says he has been on the "straight and narrow" since. [red]Police confirmed they found no offenses on his record after 1983.[/red]

Gun disqualification laws impose the same penalties on people with vastly different records, police said. The range of offenses that carry sentences of more than two years is broad. Someone guilty of blasphemy or disorderly conduct, for example, would lose the same rights as someone convicted of assault.

[red]Mr. Dicken passed background checks and purchased several handguns before Aug. 24, when state police called saying they needed to visit to "verify serial numbers" of his guns before they approved his pending purchase.

Two troopers arrived at Mr. Dicken's house in an unmarked car, Mr. Dicken presented the guns, and the troopers told him they had been ordered to seize all his firearms.[/red]

They allowed him to contact [attorney Kevin] Kelly and agreed to let Mr. Kelly remove Mr. Dicken's long guns to his own home. But the troopers took all three handguns in the home, including one belonging to Mr. Dicken's wife, Kathy. They argued that Mr. Dicken still would have access to firearms if they left the handgun there.

State police later agreed to transfer ownership of the guns to Mrs. Dicken and returned them to her on Oct. 3. Mr. Kelly is sponsoring a bill to prohibit federal firearms disqualifications from being applied in Maryland.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/30/2002 11:29:22 AM EDT
[#21]
I agree it will be a slow ban in the beginning, till they feel that they are not outnumbered. At that point the blue helmet storm troopers will show up. The kind of story above makes me sick. Why can't we argue succesfully that any ban or prohibition on firearms ownership by a law abiding citizen is unconstituional?
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 11:53:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Hide 'em.  I have a LOT of places that I can stash things within walking distance from my house, and there are even more places if a car is availible.
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 11:59:57 AM EDT
[#23]
There hasn't been any serious opposition to gun laws in the past.  We'll just turn them in when the time comes.  Like 99% of the other people on this board.  Evidently "Law Abiding" is the most important segment of "Law Abiding Gun Owner"

If there was going to be armed resistance to loss of liberty, it would've been before I was born.

Heck, the Black Panthers have probably done more for my civil rights than the NRA has.
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 12:03:24 PM EDT
[#24]
I sold every single one I had at the Great Southern Freedom Shoot for cash to some guy named James from Etowah TN.
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 12:40:07 PM EDT
[#25]
qbit is right. you guys won't do shit, i prolly won't either. people like the hun might, but he's one in a million (wish i could come to your farm this weekend, but i can't). unless you're in the country you're fucked. if the guns are in your house you're fucked. it's the ultimate paradox.

the only way around the 3am no-knock would be to have a "guard" 24 hrs a day. someone in your family would always have to be up and guarding.

i tell you this, if i had guns, there'd be a shotgun right beside my bed. loaded and ready to go. while i pointed it at the cops and then put it down cause they're cops and you guys wouldn't shoot cops. you wouldn't. you shoot a cop, you're gonna die.

all this rebel, i'm gonna go out in the hills shit is just that, shit. unless you already live in the hills you won't be able to get out there fast enough.

picture this, the cops roll down your subdivision and say "we're here for the guns" over the loudspeaker while swat type guys go house to house. you've got about 2 mins before they get to yours.

you can't do shit in 2 mins. you certainly can't change into your tactical fallout gear, pack you guns and shit up and be outside your house (or in your house if that's what you want) and be ready to start picking the fuckers off. because you just can't be ready that fast.

you can't dress tactical all the time (well technically you could, but most jobs wouldn't allow it and even gun guys would make fun of you, not mention EVERYONE else) so you're not gonna be dressed right.

plus you've got to go to your guns safe (where ever that is) and get your guns, load em, pack your ammo away, get back to your position and then start shooting people you don't even know. i know you're saying "he's here for my guns, i'll kill him". quit waving your cock in the air ok?

i know as well as you that you won't get them, and even if somehow you do the goverenment will get you, they're the gov, it's their job to get people, that's what they do.

so you take down the guys going house to house, but you can't casue as soon as you get 1 or 2 the other 4 or 5 fan out behind bushes and the cop car calls for backup. now you're fucked.

i could go on and on, i really cvould, but i think i've illustrated effectivly how this WOULDN'T work. if you'd like to discuss this with me then i'm up for it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 12:56:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 12:58:31 PM EDT
[#27]
[B]IF EVERY FIREARM OWNER WERE AS DILIGENT
AS THE [S]IMIGRANTS[/S] ILLEGAL ALIENS ABOUT VOTING
THEN THIS WOULD NOT BE AN ISSUE![/B]
Yes, I know I'm yelling.
[img]http://www.foxnews.com/images/70108/11_2_103002_haitians_florida2.jpg[/img]
skuh me suh - boht weetch wey toh dah poles mon

Link Posted: 10/30/2002 1:23:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Play it meek and scared at first, "Lose" or "have sold" the guns. When my hand is finally forced then it is time to put up or shut up, I am hoping I will be one of the ones who put up.

The problem is everyone wants the benefit of the fight but few are willing to fight for it. Many examples of those who did what needed to be done are out there, but few are those willing to do it. On the beaches of normandy and Iwo Jima many were happy to dig in and try to be covered. Few took the hard road and charged into the fire. Most of those died.
So the questions is, when push comes to shove are you going to fight knowing you will die or will you run with the (possibly legitimate) excuse of living to fight another day?
This is why most hero are dead and Medals Of Honor awards are posthumous.

Editted because I think faster than I type
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 1:38:54 PM EDT
[#29]
I have already decided that I will turn in my 2 guns. I will then assist law enforcement in tracking down all those who do not comply as they are doing nothing but jeopardizing the possibility of a republican majority in the house and senate. This way it will be easier to get conservative justices in the supreme court to over turn this unconstitutional law. After all of this is done, my 10/22 and .38 will be returned, unlike your AR15 pattern guns which the beltway sniper demonstrated definitely are particularly suited to criminal misuse.

Either you stand with the President and this great democracy, or you are supporting the terrorists. WE ARE AT WAR.
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 2:06:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

More like:

3:30AM - [i]Bang!!! Crash!!![/i]  "Police, search warrant!!"

You - You peak out the bedroom door with revolver in hand.  "Who is there; what do you want; get out of my house I'm armed"

Police - [i]Gun!! Gun!![/i] BangBangBangBangBangBangBangBangBangBangBangBangBangBangBangBangBangBangBangBang!!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally, dead cops don't choke me up.  The tax collectors during the Whiskey Rebellion were tarred, feathered, and run out of town on a rail.  Their families were forced to flee in disgrace.  Their homes were burned to the ground, and their livestock slaughtered.  
View Quote

I would be ducking!
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 2:36:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top