Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2002 7:37:43 PM EDT
I was just wondering what everyone thinks is the best star trek show. I'm an quite fond of the latter seasons of all of them, it seems that most of them don't get rolling until the 4 or 5 season. Enterprise is starting to grow on me too even.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 7:43:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Ive got one of their mountain bikes I like a lot
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 8:01:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I like all of them. But oh nellie.....SEVEN is HOT!!  So is the vulcan chick in enterprise.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 8:05:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 8:10:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I like all of them. But oh nellie.....SEVEN is HOT!!  So is the vulcan chick in enterprise.
View Quote

ahhhh, T'pol... such a yummy morsel isn't she? I voted for Enterprise. Before Enterprise came along I loved Voyager. DS9 SUCKED.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 8:14:25 PM EDT
[#5]
For some reason I like Voyager and TNG but I HATE the original and Enterprise!
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 8:23:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I dont like the british guys. That faggy doctor on DS9(I NEVER liked that show)and that faggy tactical officer on Enterprise.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 8:25:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 8:44:44 PM EDT
[#8]
TOS - Hard to beat because they set the standard.  All the characters since are modeled on the orginals.  James T. Kirk rules!

TNG - Rough going the first three seasons...then the Borg came, and saved the series!  Writing and acting got much better in season four.  They did some great "issue" episodes that mirrored what TOS tried to do.  Once Patrick Stewart got his space legs he made a great captain.  Everybody raves about Troi, but Bev Crusher..YUM!  Q was a hoot!

DS9 - The darkest and probably most controversial Trek series.  People seem to either love it or hate it.  I loved it.  Not many happy endings and the characters were put into a good story cycle that spanned the seasons.  Good move bringing Worf and O'Brien on board.  The Odo/Quark rivalry reminded me of the Spock/Bones banter from the TOS.  Really liked the idea of the Defiant, wish they'd explored that concept in full starship size.  Ezri - Yum!

Voyager - Great concept, great characters, horrible execution after season two.  They could have done SO much more with that show. Have a little more tension between the Starfleet/Maquis crew members, having to improvise and barter from people they meet, have the ship look a little more worse for wear each season.  I would have brought them home at the end of season four and had them deal with everything in season five:  court-martials for the Maquis, guinea pig experiments on Seven, determining the sentient status of the Doctor, and maybe a court-martial for Janeway for violating the Prime Directive in the Delta Quadrant.  I'm sorry they got rid of Kes.  She was a good character, they just didn't seem to know what to do with her.

Enterprise - very promising from what I've seen (not much unfortunately).  I like the idea of not using the transporter all the time, and the "grappler" in place of the tractor beams!  I wonder how they'll deal with the Suliban since they're never mentioned in the "future" Treks?  T'Pol is OK but Hoshi is the one to watch!

After Enterprise ends its run they should hold off on another Trek series for several years.  Give the franchise a chance to rest and sink in to another generation.  Let some new writers and talent take over and then fire up another series five to ten years down the road.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 10:54:13 PM EDT
[#9]
NG
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 10:57:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Next Generation
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 10:59:10 PM EDT
[#11]
The original, for one reason. The Wrath of Kahn.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 11:21:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Series wise, I am partial to DS9. Because when we go out there boldly, we better be ready for more than stubbed toes. DS9 was the most "real" seeming, because the universe is not a safe place. There have been like [b]NINE[/b] years since the beginning of recorded history where mankind has not been at war [b]SOMEWHERE[/b]. And I seriously doubt space will be any different. If we can't play well together with other humans, some of them butt-ugly aliens are screwed.....

Scott

Link Posted: 10/28/2002 11:29:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Original #1.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 11:40:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Next Generation. Then DS9, Voyager, and the original in that order.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 11:48:31 PM EDT
[#15]
The original is where the heart is, but TNG was a great show in it's own right with some fantastic moments.

"There are FOUR lights!"
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 12:43:09 AM EDT
[#16]
TNG was some good tv.  My favorite was when Picard got zapped by that alien probe, went into a coma, then lived a whole nother life on the planet that made the probe?  He was married, had kids, etc.  I loved that episode, cool story.
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 4:49:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 4:57:09 AM EDT
[#18]
I would like to see 7 of 9 get banged by the great one Captain James T Kirk. That guy would stick his dick in anything.

Link Posted: 10/29/2002 5:06:30 AM EDT
[#19]
James T. Kirk ------> Space Whore... [;)]

TNG was better than the original... I liked how they turned the Klingon characters from looking like accountants with bad hair in the original series to the beasties of TNG...
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 6:20:29 AM EDT
[#20]
TNG, TOS, Enterprise, DS9, Voyager in that order.

Janeway sucked as a captain most of the way through. Too touchy feely.
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 6:27:31 AM EDT
[#21]
I like the latter seasons of STNG. I think DS9 and Voyager were high quality, brought more of a sense of the passage of time to the trek cannon. Enterprise is growing on me, but so far it feals way to 'captain'centric.

I think it's funny that everything on Enterprise looks more advanced save for the transporter and grapler then TOS.

I don't like TOS at all, and I hate William Shatner.
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 7:06:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

DS9 - The darkest and probably most controversial Trek series.  People seem to either love it or hate it.  I loved it.  Not many happy endings and the characters were put into a good story cycle that spanned the seasons.  Good move bringing Worf and O'Brien on board.  The Odo/Quark rivalry reminded me of the Spock/Bones banter from the TOS.  Really liked the idea of the Defiant, wish they'd explored that concept in full starship size.  Ezri - Yum!
View Quote

DS9 was my favorite Trek, for most of the above reasons.  I loved the departure from the "happy endings" that were usual for almost all Trek episodes.  I liked the darker themes, and the persistent war certainly was a breath of acrid air into the normally light and peaaceful universe.  Plus, Terry Farrel(Jadzia Dax) is my all time favorite Trek babe.  

T'Pol is OK but Hoshi is the one to watch!
View Quote

Agreed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top