Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2002 4:44:14 AM EDT
I lost his email addy, real name, and board name when my computer died a few months ago, but there was a fellow boardmember here who lived in Tampa who had offered to rent me his house because he and his wife were going to Jordan.  He works for the State Department.  I hope to God this wasn't him.  Again, I can't recall his name or board name, but he lived in Tampa and about a month or so ago moved to Jordan with his wife for the State Department.

Anyone who knows who I am talking about please respond.  Let's keep our fingers crossed that his is OK.  Prayers to the family of this man in Jordan who was killed.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 4:53:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Greywolf2112,
I really hope not.. Was watching the breaking news last night as right after it happened.. From what I hear there was ZER0 (0) Sec. detail for this man..
I just always assumed we always had them covered..

well I guess thats why they got him.. he was an easy target ..
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 5:20:30 AM EDT
[#2]
He worked for US AID (International Development Aid).  Thus no security.  These are the guys who hand out the money to the locals.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 6:43:03 AM EDT
[#3]
His name was Laurence Foley, age 62.

No more info available at present.

Eric The(SoundLikeOurGuy?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 7:13:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Eric, I don't know.  I hadn't been emailing him very long before my computer died.  All I knew about him was that he lived in Tampa (I think near MacDill) and was heading to Jordan with this wife a few months ago.  My computer got a virus and I lost all my emails and files - he hasn't emailed me since.  I've got this really bad feeling in the pit of my stomach over this one.

Can anyone do some research and see if this person (Foley) was from Tampa?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top