Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2002 4:26:11 AM EDT
My hompage is Foxnews.com. I opened it up around 7:30 AM EST, and it had the RAD foxnews alert banner lit up. It read: "Russian Plane Hijacked"

ALL links to the story are gone... Am I hallucinating? Should I break out the tinfoil?
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 4:33:06 AM EDT
[#1]
[s]I'm hitting the major news sites...I don't see it....(yet)[/s]

Information on hijacked Russian plane rejected

RosBusinessConsulting. Monday, Oct. 28, 2002, 4:04 PM Moscow Time

The East Line airline company has rejected information about the hijacking of the An-24 plane. The emergency signal went off spontaneously, the head of the company's public relations department told RBC. East Line is the managing company of the Domodedovo airport. The source noted that the crew contacted dispatchers and explained that the emergency signal was spontaneous. Information about the hijacking has also been rejected by the Russian Emergencies Ministry and the duty officer of the Perm interior department. According to preliminary explanations, the incident was caused by technical problems. The An-24 plane has already landed in Perm.

View Quote

[url=http://www.themoscowtimes.com/doc/HotNews.html#28562]source[/url]
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 4:47:22 AM EDT
[#2]
THX. I am glad Foxnews verifys things before they plaster it in 90 pt red bold on the frontpage...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top