Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2002 7:22:47 PM EDT

My wife found this and printed it out for me. It says what I believe better than I could say it myself. I am retyping it here, please forgive the typos.

SOMEONE FINALLY SAID IT! Hip Hip Hooray!! Finally, someone has said what I think has been on every American's mind! This is an editorial written by an American Citizen, published in a local newspaper.

"IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT!!" I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offering some individual or their culture, here in the USA. Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, we have experienced!! a surge in patriotism by the majority of Americans. However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the "politically correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to America. Our population is almost entirely comprised of descendants of immigrants. However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some borne here, need to understand.

This idea of America, being a multicultural community, has served ounl to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Americans, we have our own culture, our own society, out own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language! ENGLISH. "In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, of Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls or our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is and always will be part of our culture.

If the Stars and stripes offend you, or you don't like Uncle Sam, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. Remember, "Delta is ready when you are and they can have you there by nightfall".

This is OUR COUNTRY, our land, and our lifestyle. Our First Amendment gives every citizen the right to express his (or her) opinion and we will allow you every opportunity to do so. But, once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our flag, our pledge, our national motto, our way of life, I highly encourage you to take advantage of one other great American freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

If you agree with this message, pass it on. If you don't agree, pass it on anyway. This is AMERICA, after all!
Editorial note:

I personally am sick and tired of a minority comprised of a very small group of very vocal people dictating how we should think, act, talk and conduct our lives.

The only thing that I think is "Politically Correct" is for us, the "Silent Majority" to STOP BEING SO SILENT. Corporate America has quit giving us customer service. The "Donnie and Denise" do-gooders in this country are dictating changes in our way of life that I personally don't agree with. WHY? because we are letting them. We are losing all of our rights, not just our Second Amendment ones. Isn't is time for us to JUST SAY NO?
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 7:29:19 PM EDT
[#1]
racist.  Diversity is our greatest strength.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 9:06:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I also embrace diversity but apparently you saw a different message in that statement than I did.  

Before you start name calling maybe you should read it again.   Since when it patriotism synonymous with racism?

What I read is that the author is tired of having some, not all, but some, people from other countries come over here expecting us to change and adapt to their culture, values, language and life style. And, having the "politically correct" crowd also expect us to adapt to their ways and being critical of us if we don't.

This is our house. When someone comes to our house they shouldn't spit on our family crest, put their feet on the furniture, make fun of the how it is decorated, eat all of our food and then expect us to say it is OK because we are afraid of offending them by telling them we don't do that in our house.  We seem to have no problem "offending" Americans when they do that.  I may be wrong, you may think that is OK to do in "your house".  It isn't in mine.  

I don't know of any other country where the people, me included, are as willing to embrace others from foreign countries as Americans are.  However, I believe that we have every right to expect them to, at least in public, adapt to our way of life.  If theirs was so great then why did they come here in the first place.

Next time you respond to a thread try to do it without name calling.  The intellectual approach is so much more effective.

Link Posted: 10/27/2002 9:25:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't worry Briar, the Raven sits on our roost. He just forgot to put the [sarcasam] on because he figured he would be recognized.

Your thread reminds me of a good ole' Notre Dame saying:

"Nobody, I mean Nobody, comes into our house and pushes us around"
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 4:42:37 AM EDT
[#4]
If you liked that article, you might like a site  about the immigration debate.

http://www.vdare.com/

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top