Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2013 6:12:40 PM EDT
Iowa has a 400+ mile bike(the pedal kind) across the state event every year called Ragbrai, start on the west side of the state on the banks of the Missouri, end the following weekend on the banks of the Mississippi.  This year a former Army Capt. and one of my gf's friends from college is RUNNING the entire thing in support of some new equipment for a Veteran's Hospital. He and one other individual from Omaha area are attempting to be the first people to ever complete the entire event by running it.

He's nearly done and has run anywhere from 50 to 73 miles per day, and will finish off the long week with a swim in the Mississippi river today, take a look at the links below and feel free to offer your support!

http://www.runningfarther.com/

https://www.facebook.com/runningRAGBRAI

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 6:15:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Jebus, and I get worn out riding my bike 75-100 miles/week.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 6:28:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Most people on it are generally there for the parties at night as it's basically a rolling party with 30k plus people moving across the state, 50 miles/day on a bike is not that hard if you're used to sitting in the seat for that long but running it for 12 to 18 hours per day, for 6 days straight takes an incredible level of dedication!
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 7:34:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Dude is hardcore.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 7:41:31 PM EDT
[#4]
If fundraising thread is vetted by site staff I will donate gladly.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 5:53:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Site staff has been asked to review the fundraising portion, until that time I've removed references.

He's now run over 395 miles and is expecting to finish around 2-3pm this afternoon
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 5:58:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Site staff has been asked to review the fundraising portion, until that time I've removed references.

He's now run over 395 miles and is expecting to finish around 2-3pm this afternoon
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shoot me an IM when it passes muster which I am sure it will
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top