User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2013 3:02:41 PM EDT
Take that Moby Dick,  mother fucker!

also, one for the road

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 3:04:24 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 3:07:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn Ryan Reynolds for taking the Green Lantern gig, only a Venom movie could have made me happier than the Deadpool Zombie side story on the big screen.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 5:44:29 AM EDT
[#3]
bump!~
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 5:45:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm just here to watch this thread self destruct.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 5:47:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Damn Ryan Reynolds for taking the Green Lantern gig, only a Venom movie could have made me happier than the Deadpool Zombie side story on the big screen.
View Quote

I'll be happy to never see that version of DP again.
The merc with no mouth, WTF?
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 5:54:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

http://www.statepress.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Untitled12-300x192.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never realized that was Deadpool till you just posted this.

Though I saw the Wolverine movie once and I was half cocked.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 5:55:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 6:03:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I actually had to watch it a couple times before I realized it was Wade.
Maybe I'm slow, but Gambit was lame too.
The third X-men didn't fill me with any desire to see Wolverine in the theatre.
Wolverine was so disappointing in general, I still haven't seen First Class. Tho I am looking forward to Days of Future Past.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 6:05:55 AM EDT
[#9]
First Class was very good.  Well the actors made it good though Hollywood keeps wanting to use lame second bit mutants in their movies to show how cool they are that they can use ancillary characters.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 6:15:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That ended up not being Deadpool.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 5:12:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you explain?
I may have missed something, I already mentioned I did in the first go 'round, but,
Ryan Reynolds as Wade Wilson: A wisecracking mercenary with lethal swordsmanship skill and athleticism, who later becomes Deadpool. Reynolds had been interested in playing the character in his own film since 2003. Originally, Reynolds was only going to cameo as Wilson but the role grew after he was cast. Reynolds did sword-training for the character, and also worked out to get his physique comparable to Jackman's.
Scott Adkins as Weapon XI / Deadpool: Weapon XI is the final antagonist of the film, having been genetically altered to be the ultimate mutant killer. He has powers taken from other mutants killed or kidnapped in the film, as well as retractable blades in his arms. Ryan Reynolds portrays Weapon XI for close-ups, standing shots, and simple stunts while Scott Adkins is used for the more complicated and dangerous stunt work.

Maybe they retconned something later, it happens, but from what I've seen, it was DP, and it was lame.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 5:19:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
First Class was very good.  Well the actors made it good though Hollywood keeps wanting to use lame second bit mutants in their movies to show how cool they are that they can use ancillary characters.
View Quote

I suspect part of that has to do with the mess of who owns what license. But I've read that both Disney, with the Marvel characters it has access to, and and the company (Time Warner?) that owns DC, are both open to making use of any and all characters available to them.

For that matter, Iron Man, wasn't the most likely character to choose for a movie franchise, and I don't think anyone would argue it hasn't worked out well.

I like seeing a lot of the minor players, at least when I know who they are. I have no idea who the badguys Loki lead into New York were. Some kind of Skrull spinoff or something. But I was pretty excited to see Thanos at the end.

Of course I don't stop being annoyed by how they use, or don't Gwen Stacey in Spiderman movies. And, oh lets save Kitty Pryde til the end of X-men and through Rogue in there with a different origin. Meh.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 5:21:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top