Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 2:52:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Why did they name it after a Middle Eastern alcoholic beverage that can totally f you up and give you a bad hangover?
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 3:10:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks slick
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 3:25:25 AM EDT
[#3]
What's so special about it?
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 3:26:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

It's an AR-15 upper receiver with a quick change barrel and an AK-style operating system that utilizes a standard AR bolt.

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 3:26:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

It goes PEW PEW PEW.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 3:34:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 3:36:56 AM EDT
[#7]
that's too dirty for teh garbage can; send it to me & I'll dispoze of it properly,,,,,
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 3:40:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It's an AR-15 upper receiver with a quick change barrel and an AK-style operating system that utilizes a standard AR bolt.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder if they might be getting a strongly worded letter from S&T Motiv, formerly Daewoo Precision Industries.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 3:41:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Man, for a sec I thought it said AROCK...
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 3:42:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

http://www.faxonfirearms.com/content/images/thumbs/0000283_arak_21_upper_receiver.jpeg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.faxonfirearms.com/content/images/thumbs/0000283_arak_21_upper_receiver.jpeg

That statement just did more to sell it to me than their whole fucking webpage.  You should hit them up for a commission.

Looking at that picture, can it use a folding stock?
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 3:42:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Maybe just the waste basket.

So it's a SIG556 upper?
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 3:46:19 AM EDT
[#12]
It only goes half way in the trash can.

I think it looks like an interesting idea.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 3:48:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Damn you. Now I want one.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 3:51:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That statement just did more to sell it to me than their whole fucking webpage.  You should hit them up for a commission.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 3:54:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It goes PEW PEW PEW.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It goes PEW PEW PEW.

Well sh*t then, it works for me.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 4:24:37 AM EDT
[#16]
1200.00          good luck with that price point.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 4:31:23 AM EDT
[#17]
FU ARAK?
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 4:32:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
1200.00          good luck with that price point.
View Quote

It's almost an entire redesign, including an off the shelf built lower you're looking at about $1500.  Not too bad.  I didn't check weight though, my guess is significantly heavier than a stock AR.

Why the hell for most of the promo shots they put the charging handle on the right side?  At least it can be placed on either side.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 4:33:44 AM EDT
[#19]
I was shooting in the lane next to the guy who owns this company a few months ago.  He was a pretty cool guy and asked me if I wanted to shoot one of his rifles.  It seemed to be well built but I declined.  If I remember correctly the bolt was not a standard AR bolt.  I think it  had rounded lugs like the Knights Armament design.  I have a terrible memory so I could be wrong.....

Edit to add pic.  I found this with a google search of "faxon firearms bolt"

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 4:46:41 AM EDT
[#20]
NICE!

Daewoo K2s are getting pricey and parts are scarce.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 4:55:17 AM EDT
[#21]
I have one, bought when they first came out.

Overall impressed. Upper is really well built and thought out.

The $1200 was more than I would have spent on an AR-15 upper outright, but considering its already has the railed hand guard, monolithic top rail, quick change barrel option and is piston  operated, the price was more than inline with a traditional upper with those features.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 4:56:00 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I wonder if they might be getting a strongly worded letter from S&T Motiv, formerly Daewoo Precision Industries.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wasn't aware that Daewoo made a piston upper that fit on an AR lower....please point me in that direction.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 4:57:12 AM EDT
[#23]
I have no idea how well it does the job, but if I were to go on looks alone....then yes, it belongs in the garbage can.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 4:57:47 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I was shooting in the lane next to the guy who owns this company a few months ago.  He was a pretty cool guy and asked me if I wanted to shoot one of his rifles.  It seemed to be well built but I declined.  If I remember correctly the bolt was not a standard AR bolt.  I think it  had rounded lugs like the Knights Armament design.  I have a terrible memory so I could be wrong.....

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff510/apemanwithferaldog/0000242_arak_21_upper_receiver_combo_deal_zps8c305ec2.jpeg

View Quote

Correct, bolt is not an AR bolt. And correct, the owner seems like a really good guy (he actually called me after I posted that review in the piston forum)/.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 5:04:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
FU ARAK?
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 5:28:54 AM EDT
[#26]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FU ARAK?

http://i.imgur.com/eiQKcyL.jpg

He misspelled arok.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 5:36:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I wasn't aware that Daewoo made a piston upper that fit on an AR lower....please point me in that direction.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I meant the design. AK-derived long-stroke piston, slightly modified AR bolt, no buffer tube, identical bolt release and magwell to an AR. It was a joke.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 5:44:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I have one, bought when they first came out.

Did a pic review here http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_126/609589_Faxon_ARAK_21_upper_Pic_review_Lots_of_pics.html

Overall impressed. Upper is really well built and thought out.

The $1200 was more than I would have spent on an AR-15 upper outright, but considering its already has the railed hand guard, monolithic top rail, quick change barrel option and is piston  operated, the price was more than inline with a traditional upper with those features.
View Quote

Interesting points.

I wonder how much I can get a used one for in a couple years.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 5:47:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s1239.photobucket.com/user/apemanwithferaldog/media/0000242_arak_21_upper_receiver_combo_deal_zps8c305ec2.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff510/apemanwithferaldog/0000242_arak_21_upper_receiver_combo_deal_zps8c305ec2.jpeg</a>
View Quote

SR15 bolt face..
SR15
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 6:16:40 AM EDT
[#30]
That is a pretty slick setup. He has a bunch of options on his site.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 6:20:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 6:34:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Been looking relly hard at buying one--would look really good on rainers new ambi lower, or one of the many cool new billet lowers coming out.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 6:39:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 6:42:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

not to mention that when you use a standard AR bolt and open up the bolt face to accommodate the 7.62X39 you severely weaken the bolt/lugs...

ETA:oh its in 5.56 my mistake
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top