Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/25/2013 8:35:52 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 8:39:49 PM EDT
[#1]
That guy is going to die a level 87 virgin.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 8:44:27 PM EDT
[#2]
They rolled the dice and got lucky.

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 8:46:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd imagine the good cops don't get filmed as often.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 8:55:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Good cop.

Odd crew of awkward and nerdy gun rights advocates. I appreciate their effort, their execution needs some work.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 9:03:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't mind open carry. I understand that some people enjoy getting their rocks off telling the cops to fuck off. If you want to make your point that open carry is legal I'd prefer that people just ignore law enforcement officers who approach them. You don't have to talk to them or debate your rights. Say goodbye and keep walking otherwise you just look like a guy who has an authority problem.

Officers should ignore these calls as well.

911 operator: 911 what's your emergency?
Caller: There's a guy with a gun walking down the street!!!
911 operator: So... is he pointing it at people? Threatening people? Is he breaking any laws?
Caller: Well no, but it's really really scary!
911 operator: Sir, please keep this line open for actual emergencies. And go change your tampon. *click*
Caller: Hello?
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 9:10:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Seems like a darn good cop.

Eiher that, or he's fairly new and isn't jaded yet
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 9:13:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't mind open carry. I understand that some people enjoy getting their rocks off telling the cops to fuck off. If you want to make your point that open carry is legal I'd prefer that people just ignore law enforcement officers who approach them. You don't have to talk to them or debate your rights. Say goodbye and keep walking otherwise you just look like a guy who has an authority problem.

911 operator: So... is he pointing it at people? Threatening people? Is he breaking any laws?
911 operator: Sir, please keep this line open for actual emergencies. And go change your tampon. *click*
View Quote

People calling 911 are not trained to know what is or isn't illegal.  You pretty much have to send an officer to most calls just to get the full story.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 9:14:08 PM EDT
[#8]
"Ill show you mine if you show me yours"
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 9:18:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Neither are cops apparently.  Train the 911 operators, problem solved.
People calling 911 are not trained to know what is or isn't illegal.  You pretty much have to send an officer to most calls just to get the full story.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Neither are cops apparently.  Train the 911 operators, problem solved.

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 9:24:39 PM EDT
[#10]
That cop should be running a department.  He gives most street cops a good name.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 9:31:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Here is his youtube page, he goes all over the state of Oregon doing this.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLn99vcRkhJkVOq7FDPV3kw
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 9:34:33 PM EDT
[#12]
If all cops had this attitude the country would be much better off.

nice rifles, all the way around.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 10:20:58 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

most cops dont know the law..

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 10:24:28 PM EDT
[#14]
the cop was spot on, wish more were like him. however the guys filming were total douches, all they were doing was probing to try to piss him off.  if they wanted to exercise their rights they just should have walked away, he even said they could numberous times yet they just kept probing him wasting his time just trying to get him to say something he shouldnt. now i could see them probing if he the officer was borderline infringing on their rights, however watching the video he kept his cool the entire time and it was obvious he knew where he stood legally.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 10:29:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Seen this posted here at least 87 thousand times.

But I refuse to watch it anymore after the second time.

Those two turds piss me off too much, and that cop handles it so well, that I want to punch a baby when it gets to the part where they try to make up NFA laws in regards to touching the cop's MG.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 10:35:09 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, while I was on modified due to be injured, I worked the 911 call center for a year and would field all the non-emergency gun calls or legal questions. But for the most part, dispatchers have no idea of what's legal or not and usually give out their best guess and try to minimize liability.

I had one guy call me to see if he could legally shoot a cougar in his yard.

I had another female call up to report kids brandishing a rifle and shooting at her house. Turns out it was airsoft guns, outside of city limits (county area) they didn't shoot at her house or property, and she just wanted them arrested. Yes, she was a recent transplant from California. "...It shouldn't be legal to carry a gun in PUBLIC!" I asked her if she'd like to go back to California where the laws were more restrictive. Of course not. We need to change them here. Idiots.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 10:41:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Those two turds piss me off too much, and that cop handles it so well, that I want to punch a baby when it gets to the part where they try to make up NFA laws in regards to touching the cop's MG.
View Quote

Stopped watching after that part.  Many here will say he's a JBT, blah blah blah.  The officer seemed very professional and tried to explain himself the best he could and all those guys were doing was trying to talk him into a corner saying something he wasn't trying to say (and making up b.s. stuff about the law to boot).  People like that piss me off.  The officer kept his cool (at least for the part I saw).  I'm all for open carry, but you don't have to act like an asshole and play "lets see if we can piss off the police on camera".  

so yeah fuck those guys acting like douches.  Them being dicks is not doing any good for the public perception of gun owners.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 11:18:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Seems like a stand up cop.

Those guys screamed douche bag..

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 11:41:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Once the guys filming started arguing about it being "illegal to touch" the officer's AR, I had to turn it off. They simply give 2A supporters a bad name. Kudos to the officer for having the patience to deal with those fucking numbskulls....
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 12:10:04 AM EDT
[#20]
I appreciate these guys' intent. But they failed miserably in showing a little common courtesy to a clearly awesome cop. These men and women put their lives on the line every single day. Show the man your damned ID out of simple courtesy. By all means do "your thing" by informing him you know you don't have to show ID, but DO IT anyway and make his day a little bit easier. God knows he bent over backwards to be courtious to them.

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 12:15:38 AM EDT
[#21]
I understand the idea that if no one exercises a right we all end up losing it, but as someone above said, these guys need to work on their execution. They film these videos hoping to encounter an ignorant cop so they can school him (and viewers watching at home) on open carry laws. But to accomplish that, they need to do two things:

1. Actually know the applicable laws; and

2. If they encounter an officer who's courteous, professional, and handling the situation perfectly, don't stand there arguing with the guy. Turn to the camera and say, "This is how law enforcement should approach open carry stops. Thanks for knowing the law, officer." And then be on their way, as he repeatedly told them they could do.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 12:21:40 AM EDT
[#22]
I want to slap that fucking idiot. blah blah blah blah i cant touch that I know what im talking about and you will take me to jail if I touch your full auto gun! AHHHH your wrong copper!
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 12:26:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I appreciate the geeks intent. But they failed miserably in showing a little common courtesy to a clearly awesome cop. These guys put their lives on the line every single day. Show the man your damned ID out of simple courtesy. By all means do "your thing" by informing him you know you don't have to show ID, but DO IT anyway and make his day a little bit easier. God knows he bent over backwards to be courtious to them.

View Quote

I don't see a problem with them refusing to show ID per se. One of their main purposes, I think, is to demonstrate that you don't have to identify yourself to a police officer who can't articulate a reasonable suspicion that you're committing a crime.

However, this was not the right situation to make the point. That cop is not the type those who open carry are "up against". So I agree they should've shown some common courtesy.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 12:28:38 AM EDT
[#24]
That officer had the patience of the gods.  The activists...I've mixed feelings about.  

I do believe that a failure to exercise your rights can result in the loss of those rights.

I also don't believe that officer was an enemy of our rights.

(shrug).  Maybe I haven't had enough interaction with LEOs?  I would have given him my ID, and let him inspect my weapon.  Am I gullible?
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 12:36:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
That officer had the patience of the gods.  The activists...I've mixed feelings about.  

I do believe that a failure to exercise your rights can result in the loss of those rights.

(shrug).  Maybe I haven't had enough interaction with LEOs?  I would have given him my ID, and let him inspect my weapon.  Am I gullible?
View Quote

You wouldn't be gullible dealing with a cop like that, but then again you're not out intentionally creating situations where you expect to be stopped by a LEO so you can have it out with them regarding open carry. This is a grey area for me too but I think the cop handled the situation perfectly. The other guys, not so much.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 1:31:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Stopped watching after that part.  Many here will say he's a JBT, blah blah blah.  The officer seemed very professional and tried to explain himself the best he could and all those guys were doing was trying to talk him into a corner saying something he wasn't trying to say (and making up b.s. stuff about the law to boot).  People like that piss me off.  The officer kept his cool (at least for the part I saw).  I'm all for open carry, but you don't have to act like an asshole and play "lets see if we can piss off the police on camera".  

so yeah fuck those guys acting like douches.  Them being dicks is not doing any good for the public perception of gun owners.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Many here will say hes a JBT eh?  Like who?  I think the COP did an excellent job, and the guys were kind of turds.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 6:26:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I appreciate these guys' intent. But they failed miserably in showing a little common courtesy to a clearly awesome cop. These men and women put their lives on the line every single day. Show the man your damned ID out of simple courtesy. By all means do "your thing" by informing him you know you don't have to show ID, but DO IT anyway and make his day a little bit easier. God knows he bent over backwards to be courtious to them.

View Quote

This. If the officer is a jerk then proceed to exercise your rights. He was obviously cool so be cool back. They did acquiesce after a bit because he played it well.
The cop did have a nice rig. Nice to see a municipality providing their officers with good equipment.

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 7:08:36 AM EDT
[#28]
People who open carry solely for the purpose of eliciting a Law Enforcement response.....
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 7:26:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Good cop.

Odd crew of awkward and nerdy gun rights advocates. I appreciate their effort, their execution needs some work.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 7:37:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

We have something similar happen around here all the time.  I'm about 2 hours away from the town of Big Bear.  Pretty small and quiet mountain community but it gets lots of granola eaters in the summer and skiers/snowboards in the winter.  My buddy works for the SO, calls go like this:

911:  911, what's your emergency?
Caller: OMG there's a scary man with gun!
911:  What's he doing?
Caler:  He's just walking around with a gun!
911:  Ok...what does he look like?
Caller:  He's wearing camouflage and carrying  big scary looking rifle, it's HUGE!
911:  Is he wearing a bright orange vest?
Caller:  Yes!
911:  *CLICK*
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 7:55:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
If all cops had this attitude the country would be much better off.

nice rifles, all the way around.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 7:57:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe.  Servile?  Definitely.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 8:01:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
That cop should be running a department.  He gives most street cops a good name.
View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 8:08:25 AM EDT
[#34]
If ONE person open carries, its a big deal for the police. If ten thousand gun owners open carry, the novelty is over.

The only way to get our rights back, including the right not to be asked for ID because of a gun, is to Open Carry in large numbers all the time... or at least until the cops are edumacated.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 8:29:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 8:36:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Lol. A good cop that knows his stuff and he has to run into a complete retard. He had a lot of patience. I would have made fun of a guy carrying a .22.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 8:59:44 AM EDT
[#37]
The cop was cool.........But the dumdass's making the video! Good grief, what a couple of fool's!
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 9:05:01 AM EDT
[#38]
the fact that open carry is an event just shows how far we have to go yet....a citizen carrying a gun in public should not be the exception rather the rule....
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 9:06:28 AM EDT
[#39]
who the fuck has time for 14 min vids
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 9:06:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Lol. A good cop that knows his stuff and he has to run into a complete retard. He had a lot of patience. I would have made fun of a guy carrying a .22.
View Quote

You'd think they'd know basic gun laws before OC'ing an AR.

He even told them they could leave whenever they want and they kept screwing around. If they wanted to assert their rights to not show ID unless being suspected of a crime they should have just left and not start making up laws.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 9:09:18 AM EDT
[#41]
The only good open carry situation is no situation.

Dispatch locally thankfully have undergone some training for handling open carry calls.

If a LEO is dispatched, the best result is that they see the individual just going about their lives, and report back it was a non event and they go about their business without ever stopping the open carrier.

Edit: And as a person who open carries regularly, I hate these guys looking for encounters with cameras always set to go. Five years open carrying and I have not once had to speak to a LEO.

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 9:11:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

and that's another good reason to stop responding to these calls and leave people the fuck alone.   It's not hard to ask is the gun guy is doing anything out of the ordinary.     And the dumb asses making these calls should get charged for a false report.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 9:20:01 AM EDT
[#43]
those tards need to work on, as stated, their delivery.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 9:22:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Good cop.
Knew the law and had an answer to every one of that lisping, assholes questions.

That silly talking idiot should learn more about the law he is trying to uphold prior to filming himself.

The whole Full Auto SBR part was priceless.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 9:23:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

They do. But, since it doesn't fit their agenda, it gets promptly deleted.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 9:24:23 AM EDT
[#46]
THIN BLUE LINE please take note:

This is what the public expects.  This is how cops should act.  Professional, knowledgeable, and in control.

He was dealing with douche bags, yet he handled them with respect.

I'd love to buy this man a drink.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 9:27:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

and that's another good reason to stop responding to these calls and leave people the fuck alone.   It's not hard to ask is the gun guy is doing anything out of the ordinary.     And the dumb asses making these calls should get charged for a false report.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you imagine the uproar if cops got a call about a guy with an AR on his back, walking down the street and they didn't respond, only to have that guy walk in to a school/library/rec center/shop and start killing people?

We would flay that department alive.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 9:28:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well played, sir.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 9:28:44 AM EDT
[#49]
"What kind of CLP are you running cause it looks pretty dry"

STFU virgin megadouche.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 9:29:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why the ?

So, there's not a single cop in the whole state who wouldn't gleefully treat both those screwballs to some hickory shampoo?  

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top