Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2013 4:27:56 PM EDT
Well I was gonna bake some chicken today. We have a gas range. It started smoking. Last time it smoke I spilled some chicken grease. This started to smoke heavy and smell. Turned off the stove put a fan in the window range fan going and another fan on the ground level.

I opened the stove and....

a crayon. One of my kids put a crayon in the stove. And this the main reason why I keep them out. This time I fucked up.

Boy this is one of worst smell I have had and I lived near a pig farm and a mink farm.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:32:30 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:33:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Joys of parenthood.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:36:51 PM EDT
[#3]
What is a BLUE crayon?
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:37:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Well I was gonna bake some chicken today. We have a gas range. It started smoking. Last time it smoke I spilled some chicken grease. This started to smoke heavy and smell. Turned off the stove put a fan in the window range fan going and another fan on the ground level.

a crayon. One of my kids put a crayon in the stove. And this the main reason why I keep them out. This time I fucked up.

Boy this is one of worst smell I have had and I lived near a pig farm and a mink farm.
View Quote

You'll have even better stories once they start wrecking cars.  
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:38:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Joys of parenthood.
View Quote

Kids being kids. Think of it as, "Building Memories".
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:38:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What is a BLUE crayon?
View Quote

Nope yellow which ironically is both my kids favorite and there selling each other out
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:39:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Now that my kids are grown and gone I have no one to blame for the silly things that happen.
Enjoy every memory!
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:39:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Already told the wife shes teaching daughter when its time. Shes been running into stuff in plain sight like the wall door frame entertainment center so yeah....
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:40:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Now that my kids are grown and gone I have no one to blame for the silly things that happen.
Enjoy every memory!
View Quote

Will do. when they leave ill have to figure out who to blame the mess on, guess ill have to get a dog
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:40:43 PM EDT
[#10]
The thread is hard to follow.
Please stop.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:41:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My oldest totaled two and the youngest got one. Memories.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:42:32 PM EDT
[#12]
WHILE REPLACING A WATER HEATER, WE SET IT DOWN FOR A SECOND TO OPEN THE CELLAR DOOR. WE INSTALL THE WATER HEATER, AND THE WATER RUNS FOR A SECOND THEN STOPS. HIS KID STUCK A MARBLE IN THE OUT PIPE, DURING THE SECOND WE SET IT DOWN TO OPEN THE DOOR. THE MARBLE WOULD PUSH ITSELF INTO THE END OF THE FIRST ELBOW AND STOP THE FLOW.  IT TOOK A HALF HOUR TO FIGURE OUT WHAT HAPPENED.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:47:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
WHILE REPLACING A WATER HEATER, WE SET IT DOWN FOR A SECOND TO OPEN THE CELLAR DOOR. WE INSTALL THE WATER HEATER, AND THE WATER RUNS FOR A SECOND THEN STOPS. HIS KID STUCK A MARBLE IN THE OUT PIPE, DURING THE SECOND WE SET IT DOWN TO OPEN THE DOOR. THE MARBLE WOULD PUSH ITSELF INTO THE END OF THE FIRST ELBOW AND STOP THE FLOW.  IT TOOK A HALF HOUR TO FIGURE OUT WHAT HAPPENED.
View Quote

I don't feel so bad then glad I figured it out but my lord a crayon stinks terrible still lingering and its nearly 45- an hour ago
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:48:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Did you yell at them?
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:50:43 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Already told the wife shes teaching daughter when its time. Shes been running into stuff in plain sight like the wall door frame entertainment center so yeah....
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

At least this is a cheap problem to have.

My brother drove a Tahoe through the house when he was 16.

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:51:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Did you yell at them?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you yell at them?

WHAT?
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:56:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I almost did that (except with a Ram 1500) when I was learning. Gramps would've shot me on the spot if I went and did that
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 5:06:39 PM EDT
[#18]
I work with a guy who used to hide a 9mm Ruger in his oven. Well you know what happened. Baked Ruger is not a pretty sight.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 5:07:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I work with a guy who used to hide a 9mm Ruger in his oven. Well you know what happened. Baked Ruger is not a pretty sight.
View Quote

Did he wear a Tinfoil hat too?
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 5:09:10 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

What is a BLUE crayon?
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 5:10:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Maybe the kid ran out of Burnt Sienna and was trying to make more?
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 5:13:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Nope yellow which ironically is both my kids favorite and there selling each other out
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What is a BLUE crayon?

Dang, I almost would have bet it was a purple one and your kid was named Harold  (FYI I loved that book)
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 5:45:19 PM EDT
[#23]
No, but I think he is trying to be.He's a fairly new shooter. After that incident  he bought a safe and an ak.Can somebody tell me how to incorporate another post into mine? I'm not very computer literate.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 5:57:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Can somebody tell me how to incorporate another post into mine? I'm not very computer literate.
View Quote

Like this you mean? Hit the little Quote button under the post you want to quote.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 5:57:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Kid has nothing on me I put play-doh or some clay in a old lamp that emmited a lot of heat when I was a kid, that sucker started smoking fast. Parents ran over started scooping the clay out and threw it into a trash can and poured bottled water on it. The lamp was forever green.

Worst I ever did was put some garlic bread in the microwave when I was a kid, the box said don't but I thought "what the hell, I want bread with my spaghetti"
Popped it for about 5 minutes. Noticed some smoke coming from the microwave opened it, a bunch of smoke came billowing out. Damn thing didn't even defrost. Parents came home and the whole house stunk like burned garlic bread. I stunk like it, in my hair, clothes, furniture, everywhere.  Sprayed some glade on myself to make myself smell better.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:04:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Pinks and migs, now that's diversity???
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:06:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:11:08 PM EDT
[#28]
So you found it in the oven? The stove is the top part. If you are talking the whole unit it called a range.

try using the oven lock if it still has an external one that should slow them down.

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:31:18 PM EDT
[#29]
How about fill the gas tank of your atv with dirt?  Six kids, all of them wrecked a car and four motorcycles and two four wheelers.  Its the stuff memories are made of.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:33:16 PM EDT
[#30]
This and stories of guns going off in the oven is why I check our oven every time before I turn it on..
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:37:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Like this you mean? Hit the little Quote button under the post you want to quote.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can somebody tell me how to incorporate another post into mine? I'm not very computer literate.

Thanks Kayamana.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:44:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
This and stories of guns going off in the oven is why I check our oven every time before I turn it on..
View Quote

Because of this I have to check the oven now thought it was bad with the lil bit of grease I had at the bottom way worse
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:48:53 PM EDT
[#33]
A mink farm?!?
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:56:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Your children.

You don't beat them enough.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:08:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
A mink farm?!?
View Quote

Worst smells until today
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:08:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Your children.

You don't beat them enough.
View Quote

Well if its any excuse I do live in a liberal state
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:09:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Error reading graham cracker in Drive a:     Delete kids? Y/N
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:12:52 PM EDT
[#38]
I melted an R/C truck (with the remote) in ours once.  I'll see if I can dig up the picture.

Just a few days earlier I took a picture of an assortment of toys that I happened to see in the oven when I was at just the right angle and said, "THIS is why I always check the oven before I turn it on."  
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 8:33:51 PM EDT
[#39]
My son microwaved a toy car that had a button on top you pushed to give it spring tension to make it roll. Melted the tires flat. He sad his car was shooting lightening.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 8:49:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Best Oven-related story I read was in an old gunsmithing book I have, one of the Brownell's Gunsmith "kinks" books ...

A dude buys a Beretta 92, comes home, wifey freaks out, and dutifully "hides' the gun (unloaded, apparently), plastic case and all, in the oven (I know, stupid as hell) to "protect the children."  Later that day, oven is fired up, smoke signals are emanating.. and the gun is encased, inside and out, in plastic.

The interesting bit was the cure this fellow's gunsmith "cooked up"; he put the gun, case and all, in a pot of cooking oil, heated it up until the plastic started melting, and skimmed off the plastic as it floated up... didn't even hurt the composite grips.  Apparently the gun came out super clean after that treatment.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top