Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2013 7:19:03 AM EDT
DONATE: https://www.kintera.org/AutoGen/Simple/Donor.asp?ievent=1033969&en=ejIML2ORIeLLL5PKJ8LKL8OULqIWIZOHKfJXJdMTLsI5JmL

Grassroots donors have given nearly $300,000 to the New York State Rifle and Pistol Association to help its legal push to reverse the SAFE Act, which restricts the sale and possession of assault-style weapons and enacts new gun registration and ammunition tracking procedures.

Association president Tom King told the Buffalo News that his organization has not focused on raising money for political efforts since it is obvious they were not going to undo the law in the Legislature. Instead, efforts are on a court challenge, which King said has cost his group $350,000 so far.

Consider that the average contribution to New Yorkers for Gun Safety was $12,400 while the individual average donation to the New York Rifle and Pistol Association was $41.65.

The rifle and pistol association spent $5,500 on political activities; the Cuomo group spent about 75 times that level.
View Quote

http://www.pressconnects.com/article/20130724/SPORTS/307240102/Gun-owners-up-against-big-money-politics?nclick_check=1

Thank you for your donation! Your generosity will help ensure that future generations will be able to exercise their civil rights in New York.

The following summarizes your contribution:
Payment Amount: $50.00
View Quote

And this late arrival: http://giving.piryx.com/streams/Friends-of-Bill-Greene/9Ije4rK0
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:20:21 AM EDT
[#1]
unfortunately i don't think NY can be saved - cumo is a fuck head
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:25:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:29:01 AM EDT
[#3]
The only way to reverse SAFE is through the courts.  The only way to do that is to ensure the NYSRPA has enough money.

This case has national implications.  If we and NYSRPA lose at the highest court levels, gun owners across the country lose.  The writing will truly be on the wall and it will only be a matter of time before everyone suffers our fate.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:44:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

There is a grassroots effort to nominate pro-gun Assemblyman Steve Mclaughlin to challenge Cuomo in 2014.

http://stevemclaughlinvictory.com/
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:47:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The only way to reverse SAFE is through the courts.  The only way to do that is to ensure the NYSRPA has enough money.

This case has national implications.  If we and NYSRPA lose at the highest court levels, gun owners across the country lose.  The writing will truly be on the wall and it will only be a matter of time before everyone suffers our fate.
View Quote

I feel your pain but isn't this just throwing money down a rats hole?
Courts do what the people want. Look what happened to Zimmerman.
They just got the wrong six jurors that's all. Next time they won't.
If the people elect these politicians then that's it.
I fear we are all headed the way of NY sooner or later.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:54:56 AM EDT
[#6]
New York is lost.

I apologize to our NY members, but sending money to fight things in NY is a lost cause. Send that money to states we can win in, and states that are on the edge and can still be saved.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:57:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The supreme court doesn't have jurors.  Only Justices.  They aren't elected, they're appointed.  And right now the court has sided with us twice 5-4.  Once the case is decided, it becomes case law and precedent we can use to fight off shitty, unconstitutional laws.

We'll all win this one, we just need the money.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:58:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Look, you don't think it's got a chance?  Fine.  You can't spare five bucks to help out a friend of the Second Amendment?  I dunno, it's kinda fucked up, IMHO, but it's your money and you do what you want.

But don't you dare shit on people who are behind enemy lines and are fighting, while you sit there and do nothing.

That goes to everyone.

If you're sitting there and thinking, "Eh, fuck New York.  Fuck everyone who lives there.  They should just move, you can't change anything, and I won't lift a finger to help."

You know what?  Forget you.  We don't want or need you in this fight.  Keep your mouth shut, and enjoy the freedom that other people are fighting for you to keep.

We don't care if you want to be a mooch, but don't you dare talk shit about what we're doing to fight while you sit there and do nothing.

At least do us all the courtesy of keeping your opinions to yourself.

Either buck up or shut up.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 8:00:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
New York is lost.

I apologize to our NY members, but sending money to fight things in NY is a lost cause. Send that money to states we can win in, and states that are on the edge and can still be saved.
View Quote

Shortsighted.  The fight is here in NY; the case is underway in the Federal court system.  Our case is rock-solid and we need to ensure we have the funding to reach the Supreme Court.

I'll say it again; this case the NYSRPA is fighting is in the federal court system.  If this case fails at any level within the federal court system, we're all doomed.  You aren't dumping money into NY, you're fighting for your rights where you live.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 8:03:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

IL has a CCW law on the books today because of the federal courts.

EDIT - and I already joined the NYSRPA.  Never even been to NY.  Hope it helps
a little.

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 8:03:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Ok. You got 25$ from me
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 8:07:30 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Look, you don't think it's got a chance?  Fine.  You can't spare five bucks to help out a friend of the Second Amendment?  I dunno, it's kinda fucked up, IMHO, but it's your money and you do what you want.

But don't you dare shit on people who are behind enemy lines and are fighting, while you sit there and do nothing.

That goes to everyone.

If you're sitting there and thinking, "Eh, fuck New York.  Fuck everyone who lives there.  They should just move, you can't change anything, and I won't lift a finger to help."

You know what?  Forget you.  We don't want or need you in this fight.  Keep your mouth shut, and enjoy the freedom that other people are fighting for you to keep.

We don't care if you want to be a mooch, but don't you dare talk shit about what we're doing to fight while you sit there and do nothing.

View Quote
This.

As of this morning, William Green went to court and the judge postponed his case on constitutional grounds, and asked the NYSAG to review the case for the 22nd of August.  

The poor dude is dying on the vine, and a few bucks out of my pocket to keep him afloat might get the thing overturned entirely.  I am looking for his donation site and will post it if the OP doesn't mind.  
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 8:11:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This.  

As of this morning, William Green went to court and the judge postponed his case on constitutional grounds, and asked the NYSAG to review the case for the 22nd of August.  

The poor dude is dying on the vine, and a few bucks out of my pocket to keep him afloat might get the thing overturned entirely.  I am looking for his donation site and will post it if the OP doesn't mind.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That goes to everyone.

This.  

I NEVER OBJECT TO ANYONE FIGHTING AGAINST TYRANY. HAVE AT IT!
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 8:39:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
New York is lost.

I apologize to our NY members, but sending money to fight things in NY is a lost cause.
View Quote

Does this look like the response of a state that is lost? These are local governments responding to the demands of their constituents, and I believe it is representative of voter sentiment as well. Don't confuse New York State with the bullshit that occurs in NYC. The resistance is strong here, and the fight is far from over.

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 8:46:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

This!
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 8:57:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

That goes to everyone.

View Quote

Huzzah! $25 sent.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 10:01:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Huzzah! $25 sent.
View Quote

Thank you!
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 10:06:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Does this look like the response of a state that is lost? These are local governments responding to the demands of their constituents, and I believe it is representative of voter sentiment as well. Don't confuse New York State with the bullshit that occurs in NYC. The resistance is strong here, and the fight is far from over.

http://www.nysaferesolutions.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Green-Star-Map-14-Jul-13-800x496.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
New York is lost.

I apologize to our NY members, but sending money to fight things in NY is a lost cause.

http://www.nysaferesolutions.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Green-Star-Map-14-Jul-13-800x496.png

Looks like the only counties that don't oppose the Safe Act are the most populace counties that, being the seat of political power, control  the entire State of New York.

That's the problem with being ruled by concentrated population centers with whom we don't share a culture; and it has  become a problem in the national elections as well.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 11:27:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Bump for a good cause

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top