Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/25/2013 6:16:58 AM EDT
Didn't see it posted yet.

How dare you stand your ground ?
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:30:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Democrats are going to create the "Bend over and take in the ass" law.  If America is ever attacked, surrender in submission fast.....
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:37:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Shouldn't this be called the "French Rule"?
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:41:55 AM EDT
[#3]

Repeal "Stand Your Ground" - Make The Streets Safer For Criminals.

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:43:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Honestly, I see this as a good thing.  We're already seeing a lot of pushback against Federal authority on a state level but the Feds often use funding as leverage.  What happens if a state is "cut off" - and finds it does just fine on its own?  

We were told that the streets would run red with blood if citizens had CCW.  Florida did it anyway.  Armageddon did not ensue.  Now we've got CCW in one form or another just about everywhere.  We were told that we need Federal control and funds or the Union would dissolve into 3rd World chaos.  Well...?
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:44:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

It does seem that the dems are pandering to their core.  
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:46:18 AM EDT
[#6]
How about states passing laws to defund the Federal Government?

People who live and work within one state are exempt from Federal Income Tax, FICA, etc.

I know, I know, supremecy and all that, but FUCK 'EM, it's MY fantasy.

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:46:54 AM EDT
[#7]
I am ashamed she even lives in my state much less represents it. I hope she reaps the benefits of the victim class she hopes the make.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:50:05 AM EDT
[#8]
A republican should put forward a bill defunding any state or municipality with gun registration requirements.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:50:42 AM EDT
[#9]
How did this raging lib get elected in tx?
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:51:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Besides her fat ass and the solid bone in her head, how much weight does she carry in politics.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:52:00 AM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:53:01 AM EDT
[#12]

Good, once they detox off of the federal crack pipe they
will be in a better position to tell DC to fuck off.

ETA:

State: "we aren’t going to enforce that unconstitutional law
and we aren’t going to allow your agents to attempt to enforce it in our state”

Feds: "if you don’t play ball we will pull your funding”

State: "you did that a few years ago because of our stand
your ground laws… we have made adjustments and no longer need your funding… eat
shit”

Feds: "Dough!”

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:53:19 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

A republican should put forward a bill defunding any state or municipality with gun registration requirements.
View Quote

Yup.

And just to piss them off even more throw in an additional section defunding any state or municipality that flaunts Federal Law by declaring themselves "sanctuary cities" too. Heads would explode.

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:54:21 AM EDT
[#14]
It will never make it out of committee in the Republican-controlled House.  It's just something outrageous for the media to chew on.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:54:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Look at her district.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:55:30 AM EDT
[#16]
It won't go anywhere.
24 states have stand your ground laws. Other states are looking at passing a similar law.

She's just grabbing headlines.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:56:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
How about states passing laws to defund the Federal Government?

People who live and work within one state are exempt from Federal Income Tax, FICA, etc.

I know, I know, supremecy and all that, but FUCK 'EM, it's MY fantasy.

View Quote

I came here to post that...

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:56:08 AM EDT
[#18]
She hasn't had her name in the news lately and Quanell X is getting all the attention and admiration in her district.
She can't have that!
This is all just a stupid game of "my dick's bigger than yours" between her and Quanell.
(I'm afraid that her dick might really be bigger than Quanell's.  )

It's just so she can say she tried to do away with all the evil George Zimmermans of the world during the next election cycle.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:59:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Isn't it interesting that the same Administration that takes the view you can kill an American citizen who is not offering an immediate threat of death or serious injury because that person has been secretly labeled a terrorist without any adversarial court hearing also says that if someone creates a situation where it was immediately necessary to use lethal force to prevent death or serious bodily injury, that person cannot be shot until you first prove that you were unable to retreat safely?

Kind of a philosophical contradiction there...
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:03:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

She is in a gerrymandered district that is guaranteed democrat.  Thanks to the earlier Supreme court ruling we might actually be able to change her district.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:04:16 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Honestly, I see this as a good thing.  We're already seeing a lot of pushback against Federal authority on a state level but the Feds often use funding as leverage.  What happens if a state is "cut off" - and finds it does just fine on its own?  

We were told that the streets would run red with blood if citizens had CCW.  Florida did it anyway.  Armageddon did not ensue.  Now we've got CCW in one form or another just about everywhere.  We were told that we need Federal control and funds or the Union would dissolve into 3rd World chaos.  Well...?
View Quote
Yeah, it was supposed to be like high noon at the OK corral here in TX according to that cunt Ann Richards re: CHL.  What is it nwith democrats and protecting criminals?  I mean really, they're not supposed to vote-usually their families don't have a lot of money to contribute to campaigns and such.  Seems like the only people who are in danger from the democrats are fetuses.

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:04:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Besides her fat ass and the solid bone in her head, how much weight does she carry in politics.
View Quote

None, she proposes 100 bills every session and all are tabled.  she just wants to be able to tell her people that she is trying.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:04:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Black politician I take it?  Aren't blacks the biggest beneficiaries of SYG laws?  Statistically they used them the most from some recent study.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:05:38 AM EDT
[#24]
I support this. Let the free states know that the fed is not their friend.

I hope my state stands its ground. If we get defunded I'll donate to pay to bus the feds FSA to one of the states they like.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:06:20 AM EDT
[#25]
She sure is a dumb cunt.

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:06:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

None, she proposes 100 bills every session and all are tabled.  she just wants to be able to tell her people that she is trying.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:07:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Why can't the stupid-assed liberals seem to get it through their thick skulls that "Stand Your Ground" had zero to do with the Zimmerman case???  It was a simple case of self-defense that didn't require any consideration of retreat once Trayvon was on top of George Z. pounding the crap out of him.  

Again Lib's summarizing:  There was NO "Stand Your Ground" hearing ever put before the court and was NEVER invoked!!!

Live it, Love it, Get Over It!!!
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:07:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Isn't it interesting that the same Administration that takes the view you can kill an American citizen who is not offering an immediate threat of death or serious injury because that person has been secretly labeled a terrorist without any adversarial court hearing also says that if someone creates a situation where it was immediately necessary to use lethal force to prevent death or serious bodily injury, that person cannot be shot until you first prove that you were unable to retreat safely?

Kind of a philosophical contradiction there...
View Quote

The world's gone topsy-turvy.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:09:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Does anyone pay any attention to anything that stupid bitch says? I mean she's batting right behind that stupid fucker that thinks Guam is going to tip over.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:09:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Sheila Jackson Lee.  Bill will go nowhere. She's insane and everyone except her knows it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:13:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Only one more pathetic is that flake with the cowboy hat.
I love it hwne the black community continues to elect loons who pander to them but do nothing to
help those communities in any real and meaningful way.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:13:52 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's what I hear, too.  Her bills are nothing but posturing for her illiterate constituency.  Is there a site that tracks bill success rate by representative?  I can't seem to find one, but I swear I've seen it before.

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:18:19 AM EDT
[#33]

Maybe these states should pass laws making it illegal for employe's to withhold federal taxes from employee paychecks and expel all federal Agents from the state.

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:18:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Here lies the problem in this country.  The 10th amendment is dead.  Every fucking state has whored themselves
out to the Federal feeding trough and now they are all dependent on that feed bag.  I want to find ONE good state
that is willing to tell the Feds to fuck off and die.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:25:59 AM EDT
[#35]
What a worthless fucking twat.  

Tell the bitch that her body guards have a duty to retreat first.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:26:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

x10
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:28:10 AM EDT
[#37]
i may have spoken to soon, we will see if they do an end run around the supreme court.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/Politics/Feds-want-Texas-to-get-OK-for-voting-changes/-/2574696/21160570/-/7e3pdbz/-/index.html
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:30:08 AM EDT
[#38]
WTF TEXAS?!?

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:32:55 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Look at her district.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look at her district.

Yeah, South Houston...

Slummiest, shittiest, crime-ridden cesspool part of Houston, and while she may not bring anything to the table, be a respectable leader, or even do anything of worthwhile note to her constituents, not because she is any smarter than a bowl of soggy frosted flakes, she will continue to be elected.  Guess why?

Go ahead, guess.  

No, go ahead and try to figure out this riddle.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:33:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpufzJNrZ2Y
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:36:49 AM EDT
[#41]
She belongs in the 96% DNA thread.

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:38:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I am ashamed she even lives in my state much less represents it. I hope she reaps the benefits of the victim class she hopes the make.
View Quote

She certainly is, look how many field slaves she owns.  She has done made her way up from the fields to the plantation owner, that's progress!

She is the true face of liberalism in America today, her all all the other race-baiting poverty pimps trying to outdo each other to get a crack at owning their very own ensemble of field slaves.  Equal rights, indeed.

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:41:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Mid-terms are coming up. We could lose the house.

Quoted:
It will never make it out of committee in the Republican-controlled House.  It's just something outrageous for the media to chew on.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:42:06 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you look at the demographics in her district, you will see why.  She's pandering to her FSA, hoodlum base.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:43:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Only one more pathetic is that flake with the cowboy hat.
I love it hwne the black community continues to elect loons who pander to them but do nothing to
help those communities in any real and meaningful way.
View Quote

She IS that flake with the cowboy hat.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:44:32 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View Quote
Yup.  A lot of communist bullshit is foisted on the states due to Highway funding alone.

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:45:42 AM EDT
[#47]
IOW, Please don't kill our voters!  They have a right to redistribute your wealth, just like we do.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:48:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Sigh SJL again... I loathe this woman.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:50:19 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Sheila Jackson Lee.  Bill will go nowhere. She's insane and everyone except her and her constituency knows it.
View Quote

fixed... unfortunately.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 8:02:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Jackson Lee’s press secretary Mike McQuerry reiterated to The Daily Caller that Congresswoman Lee is pushing the bill now because “she’s always been interested in what happened with Trayvon.”

However, Zimmerman waived his right to a defense under Florida’s stand-your-ground law. When TheDC pointed this out, McQuerry said merely, ”She just thinks it’s the right time to pursue it now.”

Florida’s stand-your-ground law has benefited African-Americans at a rate disproportionate to the size of the state’s black population.
View Quote

First off why would she get rid of a law that BENEFITS her constituency?

Second, the reporter pointed out the SYG law didn't apply to the GZ/TM conflict.

The stupid is strong with her.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top