Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2013 6:49:21 PM EDT
Tell me about it. I am looking at the 2012 Kia Optima SX turbo as well. I figure the Kia will be cheaper to maintain. Looks like the Audi has a few little bullshit things I probably won't like the electronic e-brake. What else should I know about these things? I prefer to do my own things like oil change, brake pads/rotors, air filters, etc. Don't recommend a BMW, I cannot afford maintenance on that. Looking for good mileage, preferably forced induction four door sedan.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:51:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Bmw comes with four year free maintenance.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:02:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a B5 S4 (2001) that was a brilliant car but I sold it just outside warranty. Way too many little gremlins and not a great long-term reliability reputation. I'm sure they've improved but unless your handy under the hood I'd pass. Audi's and BMW's are great cars but require more maintain e than a Kia/Honda/Toyota; however they drive so much better than those cars too.

The turbo models can be made into beasts with aftermarket chips and a tune but be prepared for a lot of out of pocket expenses post warranty. AWD eats tires, especially Z rated ones. I will tell you that A3 turbo model they made for a few years is a great sleeper performer and no one touches Audi's interiors.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:03:57 PM EDT
[#3]
If you can't swing BMW maintenance cost, audi is in the same ballpark.

Have you looked at Subaru? The new Caddy ATS? Mazda Speed6?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:19:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I test drove the latest model 2.0T Quattro about two weeks ago (manual transmission of course). I liked the handling the shifter was crisp and accurate, interior is tastefully done. Then I found realized that they put a silly button activated "handbrake" in there. WTF? I'm sorry but that's a big disappointment. Maintenance costs I assume are high so I'm now looking at an Impreza WRX preferably an STI but a plain WRX would still fit the bill so I can pretend to be a rally driver.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:27:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I test drove the latest model 2.0T Quattro about two weeks ago (manual transmission of course). I liked the handling the shifter was crisp and accurate, interior is tastefully done. Then I found realized that they put a silly button activated "handbrake" in there. WTF? I'm sorry but that's a big disappointment. Maintenance costs I assume are high so I'm now looking at an Impreza WRX preferably an STI but a plain WRX would still fit the bill so I can pretend to be a rally driver.
View Quote

A little out of my price range. Looking for around 25k
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:53:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I’ve had the new A4 as a loaner while my Q7 was getting a service. Fun car.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top