Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2013 5:17:39 PM EDT
I may have an chance to buy a used ps90 for $900 what do y'all think? should I pick it up?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:20:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Which trigger pack? You may have a really good deal.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:20:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Go look up the price and availability of 5.7 before pulling the trigger.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:20:39 PM EDT
[#3]
$900 is a no brainer, don't care what gen pack it has.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:21:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

To be fair I wouldn't buy an AR15 with current price and availability of ammo.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:21:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Depending on shape that is a good deal. I wanted one so bad, got the cash together and made a deal here on the EE to buy but dude backed out, changed his mind, whatever and used the money on something else.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:23:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
To be fair I wouldn't buy an AR15 with current price and availability of ammo.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:24:10 PM EDT
[#7]
If you want one to add to your collection it would be a good deal.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:24:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Get it. That's a great price.

I have an early one with the white donut-o-death sight. It's a fun range toy.

It is very compact. I wish I could SBR mine in this state. If the law ever changes I'm doing it first thing.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:25:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Buy it, that's a crazy good deal. If you decide you don't like it you could just sell it for a lot more.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:29:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Very good deal. I paid significantly more than that for mine in non-panic days (OD TR).

Ammo will be tough to find. Luckily I'm stocked up
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:32:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Very good deal. I paid significantly more than that for mine in non-panic days (OD TR).

View Quote

Isn't the import of the AP ammo for it restricted?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:33:49 PM EDT
[#12]
I want an SBR PS90 badly.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:38:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

They are nice.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:40:02 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are nice.

http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/qq314/Pacs100/003-3.jpg

5.7 ammo is out there just have to look.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:42:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

It was stupid priced even before the panic.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:43:36 PM EDT
[#16]
I would FO on that in a flash.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:45:02 PM EDT
[#17]
I sold mine for a scar. I loved the gun but more of a novelty toy.  The ammo was expensive without much of a bang.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:11:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

This.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Around here, pre-panic, it was almost in parity with .223. You have to remember that 5.7 comes in 50 round boxes.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:07:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No idea. I used AE and SS197 for practice and SS198 for HD and CC (Five Seven as well).
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:14:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
No idea. I used AE and SS197 for practice and SS198 for HD and CC (Five Seven as well).
View Quote

Only reason I ask is that without the AP ammo (what it was designed for) you've got a fancy looking carbine shooting a pistol round that won't pierce armor.  If you're going up against an armored target it's pointless and if you're going up against a soft target you've got over penetration issues.  Seems like a lose/lose... no?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:17:01 PM EDT
[#21]
do you even have to ASK?!?!?!
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:19:19 PM EDT
[#22]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are nice.

Ever thought of dying the stock?

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:19:52 PM EDT
[#23]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are nice.

Flap? Yes please... Fuuuuuuu!!!

I'd love a SBR PS 90... No fucking go in Ca.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:20:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Around here, pre-panic, it was almost in parity with .223. You have to remember that 5.7 comes in 50 round boxes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

I've never gotten why everyone says it's so expensive and hard to find. Pre panic I could go grab a bunch anytime I wanted for 50c/round.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:20:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Only reason I ask is that without the AP ammo (what it was designed for) you've got a fancy looking carbine shooting a pistol round that won't pierce armor.  If you're going up against an armored target it's pointless and if you're going up against a soft target you've got over penetration issues.  Seems like a lose/lose... no?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The AP ammo isn't restricted to import. FN chose to not sell it to civilians to avoid issues with selling the PS90 and the FiveseveN pistol
You can get the AP spec stuff from other sources.

That said, if you're going against an armored target you should be using a .308 and you're probably in more trouble than you're going to get out of on your own.

The non-AP stuff is ballistic tip and meant to expand. I think there's been some reports of it under-penetrating if anything.

If I had to take choose one weapon with 2 magazines to go against your typical mob, I'd take the PS90. 50rnd magazines, low recoil, truly ambidextrous, not terribly menacing looking to avoid escalating. I think it would be a great weapon for extracting yourself from the vicinity of a civil disturbance.

I'd rather avoid the trouble though.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:22:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I've never gotten why everyone says it's so expensive and hard to find. Pre panic I could go grab a bunch anytime I wanted for 50c/round.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Yeah. The local Cabela's always had it on the shelves. Might still. I'll check tomorrow.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:41:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Great deal!

I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of the PS90s being sold to LEOs for $799 a while back.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:42:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You've got a fancy-looking, small, fast handling, lightweight, low recoil carbine with a 50rd magazine firing a 27grain JHP at about 2600-2700fps. SS198 will defeat Level II armor, but I'm not even using it for that (it has also inconsistently defeated IIIA in some tests). The same round out of my Five Seven pistol is about 2200fps, and I carry a second mag with EA PenetraTOR ammo, which is a little better at going through soft armor. I started carrying that after Aurora (even though he wasn't wearing armor from what I've heard, it convinced me that situations like that can easily happen).

As for overpenetration, no. The rounds tend to tumble rather than go straight through. They have pretty decent penetration but not overpenetration.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:43:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are nice.

Why dye the stock, from what I understand, you can't get them in green anymore.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:45:26 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote

Love mine

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:49:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
You've got a fancy-looking, small, fast handling, lightweight, low recoil carbine with a 50rd magazine firing a 27grain JHP at about 2600-2700fps. SS198 will defeat Level II armor, but I'm not even using it for that (it has also inconsistently defeated IIIA in some tests). The same round out of my Five Seven pistol is about 2200fps, and I carry a second mag with EA PenetraTOR ammo, which is a little better at going through soft armor. I started carrying that after Aurora (even though he wasn't wearing armor from what I've heard, it convinced me that situations like that can easily happen).

As for overpenetration, no. The rounds tend to tumble rather than go straight through. They have pretty decent penetration but not overpenetration.
View Quote

After redoubt's comment I went looking for some ballistic tests, do you have any youtube links to how it performs with different ammo?  Not disagreeing with either of you, just curious to see how the different rounds perform.  It seems like from what both of you are saying, and from the test I found where people shot into clay, that it might just be a nice little home defense carbine if you SBR it (the one video I saw where they SBRed it and put a silencer on it made me ).  I'm curious what the wound channel is like though and effective distance (I understand that will be dependent on the barrel length).

ETA

I'm also curious what the trigger's like, for those of you who own one.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:03:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Same price as an AK now?

I would have bought it and posted pics by now bragging.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:05:13 PM EDT
[#33]
I think it's one of the most fun guns to shoot

Ammo is expensive though
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:28:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Do it now
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top