User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2013 1:04:07 PM EDT

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 1:05:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Try to find The Odd Angry Shot.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 1:06:16 PM EDT
[#2]
The Odd Angry Shot immediately came to mind!

Ha!
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 1:13:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Try to find The Odd Angry Shot.

View Quote

It's on Youtube.  Or, it was a few weeks ago when I watched it.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 1:22:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Seeing all those L1A1s gave me a chub!!
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 1:24:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Pretty cool.  Not a lot of people know that the US had other allies fighting in Vietnam.

Love all the FAL's and it was cool to see those old Owen subguns too!
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 1:25:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Seeing all those L1A1s gave me a chub!!
View Quote
Yeah the Aussies are nice lil rifles.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 1:27:36 PM EDT
[#7]
The Aussies and the Gurkhas were both pretty fearsome fighters.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 1:30:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Bad Mofos then...

Bad Mofos now.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 1:43:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Pretty cool.  Not a lot of people know that the US had other allies fighting in Vietnam.
View Quote

Everyone knows and talks about the "special relationship" with England.  I think our relations with Australia are even closer.  They've made every war we've been in since 1917, and don't dislocate their arms patting themselves on the back for it either.  

Aussies and Americans are probably more alike than either country would admit without a lot of liquor. I'm very grateful they stand with us.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 1:44:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 1:48:55 PM EDT
[#11]
MiG-25PU
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 1:50:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Everyone knows and talks about the "special relationship" with England.  I think our relations with Australia are even closer.  They've made every war we've been in since 1917, and don't dislocate their arms patting themselves on the back for it either.  

Aussies and Americans are probably more alike than either country would admit without a lot of liquor. I'm very grateful they stand with us.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A big +1  

Australians didn't sit out Vietnam like the UK  and Canada.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:39:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My grandfather fought in the Pacific, and still speaks very highly of the Australians. Both in their fighting ability, and their hospitality...apparently their rubbing alcohol was drinkable
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:29:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:32:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:35:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Cool thread.  Tag for interest.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:45:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:01:49 PM EDT
[#18]
And one I took, the Australian First Division Memorial at Pozieres.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:12:53 PM EDT
[#19]
The US treated the Aussies poorly in WWII,negating them to backwaters and not supplying or utilizing them properly. The New Guinea campaign as thebest example but also making sure they didn't steal any spotlight in the island hopping.MacArthur very much disliked them.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:18:39 PM EDT
[#20]
tag for my commonwealth brothers
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:22:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The US treated the Aussies poorly in WWII,negating them to backwaters and not supplying or utilizing them properly. The New Guinea campaign as thebest example but also making sure they didn't steal any spotlight in the island hopping.MacArthur very much disliked them.
View Quote

Not sure if MacArthur was the great General history paints him to be...
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:26:03 PM EDT
[#22]

Thank you for posting that. That was powerful.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:28:56 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Great moments, and really horrible moments.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:32:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Dont forget the ROK troops.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:39:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

The NVA and VC feared the fuck out of some ROK Tigers!
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:42:13 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote
+1. IIRC several hundred thousand SK troops served in Vietnam. In Dear Mom: A Sniper's Vietnam, the author spoke very highly of them as a fighting force.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:43:25 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A bunch of lives were wasted to satisfy his ego.  
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:46:00 PM EDT
[#28]
I got drunker than shit with an Australian soldier in Vung Tau in late 1970. Had a damn blast. In country R&R, ended up in a whorehouse where I happily spent every cent I had plus a Seiko watch. Nineteen year olds don't need to be unsupervised in war zones.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:47:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup,

More than 300,000 South Koreans fought in the Vietnam War, and about 5,000 died.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:54:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Had an instructor at the last .mil school that was an Aussie major. Great person to learn from. Tough, funny and fair.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top