Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/24/2013 10:27:24 AM EDT
Does anybody have one on their phone? I kinda want the gs3 one but not sure about spending that much $ on a phone case..
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:28:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Galaxy S4 - Whateverproof
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:29:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:30:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Mine's very tough.  Screen is a little wavy, but I don't have a screen protector underneath.  I've heard that solves the "rainbow effect" on the screen between the plastic and glass.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:33:07 AM EDT
[#4]
My phone was on the bottom of the Meramec river for about an hour and a half in 8 feet of water, buttoned up in it's lifeproof case.  Still works!
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:36:08 AM EDT
[#5]
My iPhone 5 lives in one. Been dropped in water a couple of times. Worth the $$$
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:39:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:41:33 AM EDT
[#7]
I love my lifeproof, sure cheaper than buying a new phone.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:42:05 AM EDT
[#8]
I had a lifeproof, and it worked as advertised.

My friend has the new otterbox.

I'd pick the otterbox if I had it to do over. Seems more burly, I trust the closure mechanism better, and the sound quality seems to be better. Plus no stupid adapter to plug a headphone it.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:42:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one. It's pretty good. Better than the otterbox. Much thinner.
View Quote

This.

Had one for my 4s. Just went magpul and screen cover for the 5 due to funding issues.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:45:45 AM EDT
[#10]
I love mine, I have the FDE on my 5. Just make sure you buy it direct or from a large retailer, there are a lot of fakes, even on Amazon marketplace. There was a 15% off deal back on Valentines day and I actually bought the case before the phone because I was waiting for that color to come out. If your not in a hurry sign up for their mailing list and wait for a promotion to save 10-15%.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:46:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Very much worth it, saved mine many times
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:46:52 AM EDT
[#12]
A coworker has one.  She loves it, and it seems to hold together MUCH better than the defender my wife has.  What a waste of money that thing is, and it's not even waterproof.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:48:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Wife uses one, loves it.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:51:27 AM EDT
[#14]
I am not a big fan of those thick super extra durable cases that waterproof your phone. I prefer to the comfort of pocket carry and keep my phone in an Urban Armor Gear case and be extra careful around water.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:54:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Just got one for the wife. So much better than the otterbox. Thin, rugged. Next paycheck I'm getting one.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:55:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I am not a big fan of those thick super extra durable cases that waterproof your phone. I prefer to the comfort of pocket carry and keep my phone in an Urban Armor Gear case and be extra careful around water.
View Quote

My coworker's lifeproof is ridiculously slim.  It hardly adds any bulk to the phone at all, I was really impressed.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:56:24 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote

I agree, but the Lifeproof for the iPhone 5 is pretty dang slim... I'm still rocking a 4s and the Lifeproof is pretty bulky on those, but when I upgrade I think I'll go with one.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:56:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Does anybody have one on their phone? I kinda want the gs3 one but not sure about spending that much $ on a phone case..
View Quote

From my experiences, if your on the phone with somebody, to them it sounds like your in a tunnel or under water. Honestly I would get the Otterbox armor.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 11:00:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

mine as well, i have no issues with anyone hearing me or me hearing them. If you play music directly via your phones speakers, it does quite it down a bit.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 11:00:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I agree, but the Lifeproof for the iPhone 5 is pretty dang slim... I'm still rocking a 4s and the Lifeproof is pretty bulky on those, but when I upgrade I think I'll go with one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is exactly what I was thinking..I seems to keep the slim feel of the phone.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 11:00:46 AM EDT
[#21]
I have one, after the 3rd one (2nd warranty replacement) they seemed to have gotten it right. It's an ok case but does still hurt the touch sensitivity a bit but at least doesn't add the bulk that the Otterboxes do. I'd suggest a Magpul case, a screen protector and call it a day, if I had it to do over that's what I'd do. I do like the waterproof aspect and while I'm not always around water, I do have a toddler and the occasional drop in a rain puddle.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 11:05:15 AM EDT
[#22]
I put one on my I5.  Seems like a great case, but i couldn't hear well enough, especially in the shop.  I ended up cutting a hole for the earpiece.  
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 11:52:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Lifeproof is better than Otterbox Defender but nowhere near as good as Otterbox Armor. The Lifeproof is as good as the Armor in the waterproof category but from what I saw it is not as shock proof as the Armor. The Armor is bulky but I don't mind it at all. My vote and money went to Otterbox Armor.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 11:59:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I put one on my I5.  Seems like a great case, but i couldn't hear well enough, especially in the shop.  I ended up cutting a hole for the earpiece.  
View Quote

That was funny.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 12:10:52 PM EDT
[#25]
I've had a Lifeproof on a 4s for close to two years and have never regretted or removed. Bulk was my only issue, but I'm not sure it could be any thinner. It's definitely showing signs of wear though and I don't trust the waterproof aspect at this point, but it's still the best all around case I've seen.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 12:11:54 PM EDT
[#26]
GTG
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 12:15:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have to admit that it's the opposite for me.

The phone without the case (iphone 5 with Otterbox) is just too small and slippery.

One of the things I like about the case is that is IS big and bulky, and easier to hang onto.

Tougher to get into a pocket, though, that's for sure.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 1:20:02 PM EDT
[#28]
otterbox armor took my $$
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 1:26:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Build I great looking phone like the IPhone5 then cover it up right away

I have lifeproof cases on my 4s work phone & my personal 5, they are way nicer then the otter box cases. That rubber cover on otter box turns my pocket inside out when removing it from my jean front pocket.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 1:29:34 PM EDT
[#30]
I have one.  I've filmed video underwater with it and had no problems.  I only put it on for float trips, duck season, etc. because I don't really care for the loss of sensitivity with the touch screen due to the case.  Definitely keeps water out though.  If you don't spend a lot of time in/around water, then I don't think it would be worth the $$.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 1:38:45 PM EDT
[#31]
I've had two life proof cases for my Iphone 4. Both have failed on me. I do use them heavily though.

The seals where the speaker is near the front facing camera gave out on one.

The area where the plastic screen cover meets the rubber ending up coming apart.

They lasted a very long time (maybe a year each) before the failures.

Since it was protecting a $500 phone, it was worth the price IMO.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:31:35 PM EDT
[#32]
I just installed Lifeproof cases on my iPhone 5 and iPad. The headphone plugs are a minor nuisance, but the cases have saved my equipment.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:33:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I have one.  I've filmed video underwater with it and had no problems.  I only put it on for float trips, duck season, etc. because I don't really care for the loss of sensitivity with the touch screen due to the case.  Definitely keeps water out though.  If you don't spend a lot of time in/around water, then I don't think it would be worth the $$.
View Quote

They are releasing a bare screen iPhone case, like the iPad.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:48:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:16:45 PM EDT
[#35]
My iPhone 5 lives in one, been real happy with it.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:22:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Hated the sound quality and loss of touch sensitivity. Sold it.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:24:25 PM EDT
[#37]
The couple I've experienced have sucked. The screen protector part doesn't sit flat against the screen so you have to press down way too hard..no touch sensitivity.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:32:04 PM EDT
[#38]
i have never seen the need for anything like that.

my phone goes in my pocket.  if i need it for something, i use it and then put it back.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:35:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:37:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:43:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Got one, love it!  It allowed my phone to survive 2 filled wader events last duck season while chasing down birds in water that was too deep.  Then again, 5'7" of height does not make for good deep water retrievals with no dog!  
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:46:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Wouldn't trade my lifeproof case for anything. best I'fe found.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:49:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:53:36 PM EDT
[#44]
I've been using the otterbox armor for about 6 months. After all this time and abuse, it is still nuke proof. I could use this to chock tires on a bus if I wanted to, no joke.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:01:32 PM EDT
[#45]
I have a lifeproof on my iPhone 4...it's been great, after a year or so it's just as waterproof as the day I tested it new. I fish a lot, so I can keep my phone in a pair of board shorts pockets in the surf and forget about.... I put a screen cover on the screen BEFORE I put it in the lifeproof and the touch issue is a lot better....

I am going to buy another one to keep as a spare....just in case I should ever need it....
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:06:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Mine survived water and being thrown against a wall.  I am happy with mine.  Plus it comes in Tactical Coyote Brown
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:34:52 PM EDT
[#47]
If you will open the charging port cover you can her the speakers much better
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:36:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

mine as well, i have no issues with anyone hearing me or me hearing them. If you play music directly via your phones speakers, it does quite it down a bit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you open the charging port cover you can here the music much better
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:54:02 PM EDT
[#49]
My Otterbox port covers tore off within 3 months.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:00:17 PM EDT
[#50]
My son has one for his I5. He throws his in the pool. My coworkers friend, said to him check this out dunks it in the river hands it to him to look over. My coworker tells his friend you got water in your phone. I guess he didn't test it before he put his I5 in it like what the instructions says to do.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top