Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2013 9:57:20 AM EDT
I push in the little pin in the bottom and expected the floor plate to just slide off but it won't budge - has something been done to cripples to keep the floor plate on
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:01:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Post pics so I can understand what you're trying to ask about.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:05:01 AM EDT
[#2]
trying to remove this

to clean some 'stuff' out of the magazine - usually you just push a pin in the bottom of the mag and the floor plate slides right off

this one does not - it's a 10 round 'compliant' mag - did they do something to make it hard to remove the floor plate?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:17:35 AM EDT
[#3]
If it was a ban-era 10 rounder, they had to be "Permanently Blocked"  Same thing here in NJ, if a mag is just blocked with a different follower, that can be changed out to bring it back to capacity more than 15 the floorplate has to be perm attached.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:18:36 AM EDT
[#4]
If it didn't start life as a 10 round mag it may have been modified to be compliant.

In many cases that involves inserting some sort of stop inside of the mag body and then riviting or glueing in the base plate so it's "tamper proof"

ETA - beaten, by a second.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:35:47 AM EDT
[#5]
drat - a pox on those who limit capacity
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:49:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Hope you figure out how to Un-neuter that mag and post instructions here.

I'm in CA and I will Not Comply.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top