Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/24/2013 9:20:48 AM EDT

A married woman of childbearing age has given birth to a baby boy.

The event followed nine months of pregnancy.

"Both mother and baby are doing well," a spokesman for the woman said.

It is now expected that the baby will grow up.

View Quote
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/07/22/royal-baby-spoof_n_3634135.html?utm_hp_ref=tw

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:21:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Pretty much sums it up.

Didn't we revolt against these people so we wouldn't have to care about them anymore?

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:28:21 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Pretty much sums it up.

View Quote

Didn't we revolt against these people so we wouldn't have to care about them anymore?

My ancestors fought under Washington in the Continental Army. The fought a very tough, bloody war for the slim chance that they and their posterity would have the right to not give a shit about the royal family of Great Britain. I honor their dedication and their sacrifice, by not giving a shit about the royal family of Great Britain.

[#3]
Quoted:
Pretty much sums it up.

View Quote

That's not why we revolted at all.
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:29:13 AM EDT
[#5]
. double tap.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:29:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:30:25 AM EDT
[#7]
As inbred as those Euro Royal Families have been over the centuries, my only curiosity about the birth is, how many toes does the kid have?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:30:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:31:28 AM EDT
[#9]
I get why the brits care about it.

However, I have no idea why so many other people in other countries not only care about it, but seemed to be obsessed with it.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:31:42 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Well you and the cupcake kid are both commenting on it
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Pretty much sums it up.

Well you and the cupcake kid are both commenting on it
Please don't misunderstand. Just because I do not give a shit about the British royal family, does not mean I wouldn't be willing to be a part of an international incident should the princess want to have an extramarital affair.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:31:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:33:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:33:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Washington was named George too, a very British name
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pretty much sums it up.

My ancestors fought under Washington in the Continental Army. The fought a very tough, bloody war for the slim chance that they and their posterity would have the right to not give a shit about the royal family of Great Britain. I honor their dedication and their sacrifice, by not giving a shit about the royal family of Great Britain.

LOL!  Not really.  Well, not exclusively British, at least.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:34:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
As inbred as those Euro Royal Families have been over the centuries, my only curiosity about the birth is, how many toes does the kid have?
View Quote

Yeah, they are pretty much the Targaryens only without the good looks and dragons.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:34:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Probably enough toes to fill an Army boot in 20 years and serve his country
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's one thing I won't knock the royal guys about. They do step up. To be fair, my father is a Scot, and so my only dislike of the British royal family is that damned Prince of Wales who stole the ancient title of my ancestors - Lord of the Isles. And, being the son of a Scot, I was born to right a wrong, you know?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:35:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:35:53 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pretty much sums it up.

I have a very British name and a very British genome. What does that have to do with giving a shit about the royal family of Great Britain?

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:36:26 AM EDT
[#18]
I would rather hear about the royal baby than all of the tripe reported on the first family
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:36:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:36:44 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pretty much sums it up.

Revisionist lies!

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:37:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

George Washington was a British "subject"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pretty much sums it up.

Yes, he was. You can tell by the fact he was embarrassed by his fucked up teeth
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:37:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:38:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Harry seems cool, gets shitfaced in Vegas then deploys and kills Taliban dudes with a freaking Apache.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:39:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pretty much sums it up.

That's not relevant to my comment.  I am aware that George Washington led a "civil war" against the British for independence.  That doesn't mean that his name is an exclusively British name.  There are many cultures who use the name "George" (or a version of it) that have nothing to do with Britain.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:41:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:42:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For the family that gave us WWI!
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:44:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:51:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

George Washington was a British subject, who rebelled and became a terrorist, a bit like Mandela
The new Prince has been named George
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's not relevant to my comment.  I am aware that George Washington led a "civil war" against the British foendence.  That doesn't mean that his name is an exclusively British name.  There are many cultures who use the name "George" (or a version of it) that have nothing to do with Britain.

George Washington was a British subject, who rebelled and became a terrorist, a bit like Mandela

People say the war of independence happened a long time ago, get over it. Wonder what the Irish and the Scots think of all this...

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:53:51 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's not relevant to my comment.  I am aware that George Washington led a "civil war" against the British foendence.  That doesn't mean that his name is an exclusively British name.  There are many cultures who use the name "George" (or a version of it) that have nothing to do with Britain.

Well played.  

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:54:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He did not become a terrorist because he did not kill innocent people.  Are you lot still mad about losing that war?  You shouldn't be, we saved your ass in 2 world wars.  You should be thanking us.

Cool about the name, and British people do like to use the name George, but that doesn't make George an exclusively British name.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:57:08 AM EDT
[#31]
I like the British royals. They are FAR more dignified and respectable than our own "royals".

Having said all of that... I'm tired of hearing about them and the baby. Just friggin let them live their lives already!
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:57:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:58:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:59:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Pretty much sums it up.

View Quote

I said that decades ago when the media broadcasted the wedding of Diana to Chuckles.  Any decent American should not give a sh*t about what the royals do.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:59:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:01:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pretty much sums it up.

I doubt he thinks that's the actual reason. Probably more of a tongue in cheek thing.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:01:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:01:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:01:55 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

He did not become a terrorist because he did not kill innocent people.  Are you lot still mad about losing that war?  You shouldn't be, we saved your ass in 2 world wars. You should be thanking us.

Cool about the name, and British people do like to use the name George, but that doesn't make George an exclusively British name.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He did not become a terrorist because he did not kill innocent people.  Are you lot still mad about losing that war?  You shouldn't be, we saved your ass in 2 world wars. You should be thanking us.

History is for fags right?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:02:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Ummm, I'll let you in n a little secret.......I'm Irish, our was of Independence ended in 1922
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

People say the war of independence happened a long time ago, get over it. Wonder what the Irish and the Scots think of all this...

Ummm, I'll let you in n a little secret.......I'm Irish, our was of Independence ended in 1922

So there's no anti British feelings amongst the Irish anymore?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:02:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:03:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Harry seems cool, gets shitfaced in Vegas then deploys and kills Taliban dudes with a freaking Apache.
View Quote

Yeah, he does seem like he knows how to have a good time.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:03:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:04:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:04:33 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

People like a good news story, would you rather read more doom & gloom?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like the British royals. They are FAR more dignified and respectable than our own "royals".

Having said all of that... I'm tired of hearing about them and the baby. Just friggin let them live their lives already!

People like a good news story, would you rather read more doom & gloom?

What's such a great "news story" about this? A baby was born. Who may or may not get to be a figurehead one day if he can outlive the line in front of him.

Hey... I think you're tea's getting cold...  
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:06:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pretty much sums it up.

Well, alright, there was the whole dental thing as well....
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:07:36 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

You didn't save my ass.
In 1917 you were 3 years late and in 1942 you were over 2 years late.
By which time Britian had saved its own asses, all you did was help with the liberation of Europe, along with the British, Canadians, Free French, Italians, Russians, Indians and a load of African troops, as well as some Kiwi and Aussie troops.
But thanks for the help anyway
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He did not become a terrorist because he did not kill innocent people.  Are you lot still mad about losing that war?  You shouldn't be, we saved your ass in 2 world wars.  You should be thanking us.

You didn't save my ass.
By which time Britian had saved its own asses, all you did was help with the liberation of Europe, along with the British, Canadians, Free French, Italians, Russians, Indians and a load of African troops, as well as some Kiwi and Aussie troops.

Really? Do you think if the US had not intertvened in the European conflict, your country would still be around? I'm not being a smart ass, i'm just really curious. That being said, i'll take your royal family news anyday, over the crap that governs my country.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:09:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Hey mate's, I forgot to mention, congrats on the new Royal Heir, God Save The Queen and all that.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:12:07 AM EDT
[#49]
Well I'll give it to you boys across the pond, y'all had some awesome grenadiers and Dragoons.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:13:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

You didn't save my ass.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You didn't save my ass.

How soon you forget all the food we sent before 1942, that kept you from starving to death under the U-boat blockade. Does the word SPAM ring any bells?

ok, so maybe we kinda owe you guys for the spam thing, but still...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top