Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2013 8:12:30 AM EDT
I guess laws don't apply to everyone in government service.

NORRISTOWN, Pa. (AP) -- Two women were wed in a religious ceremony Wednesday morning after getting a marriage license from county officials who defied a Pennsylvania law banning same-sex unions.
Montgomery County officials issued two marriage licenses to lesbian couples Wednesday morning, a day after signaling their willingness to do so.

Pennsylvania is the only northeastern state without same-sex marriages or civil unions. In other states that ban same-sex marriage, licenses issued by defiant local officials have later been overturned by courts and the unions voided.
View Quote

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_GAY_MARRIAGE_PENNSYLVANIA?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-07-24-12-06-15
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:47:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Montgomery County has unfortunately been overrun by libtards.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:48:08 AM EDT
[#2]
They can perform whatever ceremony they want.  The marriage is legally invalid.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:49:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Read the article. The couple was provided a marriage license, it was not just a religious ceremony.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:50:07 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Read the article. The couple was provided a marriage license, it was not just a religious ceremony.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did.  They have a fraudulent marriage license.  A court would nullify it in a second.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:50:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Sucks for them.  Monroe County has cooler marriage certificates.  They had little dutch hex-style designs.  Peacocks or some shit.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:55:44 AM EDT
[#6]
And who the fuck cares.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:57:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

And who the fuck cares.
View Quote
My thoughts exactly. I don't get what the big deal is.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top