Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2013 7:32:25 AM EDT
Holy crap!! That was entertaining. Those guys are nuts or have balls of steel or both.

Truly impressive. Opening scene with all the jumps and stuff, the wife wouldn't believe it was real. Thought it was CGI. If I didn't know it was real, I'd swear it was computer generated, too.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:37:16 AM EDT
[#1]
My son just saw that with his friend, and I caught the last half.  Impressive level of balls, not so impressed with the brains.

My biggest "WTF?" was the re-enactment of the car jump from "Man with the Golden Gun".  They made it out sort of like "Never been done since", but that stunt was a staple of one of the thrill shows of the era - not Joey Chitwood, but someone else I think.  The setup *should* have been straightforward, but it looked like they just sort of guessed.

"Wheels" was awesome though - that guy needs a little trailer towed behind him to carry his ginormous balls.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:42:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My son just saw that with his friend, and I caught the last half.  Impressive level of balls, not so impressed with the brains.

My biggest "WTF?" was the re-enactment of the car jump from "Man with the Golden Gun".  They made it out sort of like "Never been done since", but that stunt was a staple of one of the thrill shows of the era - not Joey Chitwood, but someone else I think.  The setup *should* have been straightforward, but it looked like they just sort of guessed.

"Wheels" was awesome though - that guy needs a little trailer towed behind him to carry his ginormous balls.
View Quote

Yeah. I'm with you. I guess math and physics is for pussies.

The big wheel jump from one building to the next was freaky.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:50:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I've been a big fan of them for years. Perfect example of lots of money and too much free time. Seems like a cool bunch of guys. I'd pick Nitro Circus over the Jackass group any day
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:53:10 AM EDT
[#4]
The first season was pretty cool, but it went south after Red Bull took over.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:58:46 AM EDT
[#5]
The Nitro Circus guys are pretty nuts. I think for some of it they do a lot of calculations and math to figure out a decent safety factor for the stunts. But at the same time, they have an understanding that classic stunt-work was sort of just winging it and that's what made it so crazy.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:11:51 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm guessing you watched the movie, you should check out the show. It's very entertaining. It is similar to Jackass in that it is a bunch of dudes with too much free time and too much money, except instead of hurting themselves on purpose, they do a bunch of stunts, most of which work out really well.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:13:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm guessing you watched the movie, you should check out the show. It's very entertaining. It is similar to Jackass in that it is a bunch of dudes with too much free time and too much money, except instead of hurting themselves on purpose, they do a bunch of stunts, most of which work out really well.
View Quote

And Nitro Circus has a whole lot less naked dudes, shoving things up butts, and poop on it.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:16:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Not only does it take BALLS, and a  winging it type mentality, but believe it or not there is actually a tremendous amount of talent in there also.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:24:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:34:15 AM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Yea, Pastrana isnt right in the head.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:50:01 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
And Nitro Circus has a whole lot less naked dudes, shoving things up butts, and poop on it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This is good to know....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top