Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2013 7:26:49 AM EDT
I have a remote location where I need a printer but don;t want to set up a lan there.  Anyone know if there are any printers that allow you to print ipad to printer no LAN?

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:46:58 AM EDT
[#1]
You need to setup a wireless network to print from an ipad and the printer has to be air print compatible
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:48:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:50:48 AM EDT
[#3]
You'll have to buy more apple stuff to do that.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:55:26 AM EDT
[#4]
most new wireless printers are compatible, there are a couple of third party apps if that doesn't work. You can also email yourself the doc or dropbox type service to get to a desktop that has a printer.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:56:04 AM EDT
[#5]
you can use hp's E-print to email an attachment to the printers unique email address at it will auto print.  

You don't need a LAN for this but they do both need some sort of internet connection, 3g or otherwise.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:00:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Look into google print. Essentially you're using another computer's browser and the printer it's connected to. You may need to save the file you want to print on a Google Drive.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:16:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah that was the problem I ran into. I don't have an apple airprint printerhttp://support.apple.com/kb/ht4356

View Quote

Home all in ones are so cheap now. I bought a used but under warranty HP D1110a which is airprint compatible for $60 on amazon. Replacing the ink cartridges did cost $30 though. So it might be cheaper to get one on sale for $100.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:00:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top