Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2013 3:55:17 AM EDT
Link

Two politically charged New York City bills to rein in the NYPD’s use of controversial stop-and-frisk tactics were vetoed Tuesday by Mayor Michael Bloomberg.
He slammed both bills — one to create an NYPD inspector general and another to allow people to sue over racial profiling by cops — as a boon to criminals and terrorists.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:06:06 AM EDT
[#1]

The more news I see coming out of there, the happier I am I moved out of NY...
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:25:36 AM EDT
[#2]
What absofuckinglutly blows my mind is that 8 million people are so fucking stupid and have no love of freedom or any self respect that they vote this tyrant into office.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:27:23 AM EDT
[#3]
THE STATE MUST BE MAINTAINED !!!

And fear and intimidation is the only way to accomplish that !
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:28:01 AM EDT
[#4]
IMHO, Bloomberg surpasses Schumer, Feinstein, Obama and all the rest as the most anti-freedom politician in this country. He reaches the polar opposite of liberty.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:30:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Ill never enter NYC. Heard people are country, might as well be in Oklahoma, in other places though such as upstate
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:46:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Meh, I don't really have a problem with this veto.  I'm not a fan of stop and frisk by any means, but the bills he vetoed didn't eliminate the practice, so that is irrelevant.  The net gain/loss of freedom was 0 to begin with.  All he really did was piss on political correctness.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:51:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:33:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ill never enter NYC. Heard people are country, might as well be in Oklahoma, in other places though such as upstate
View Quote

Generally yes, north of Rockland and Westchester in general, or north of Orange & Putnam (I'm from Orange so I'm a little biased ) And yeah. Nothing but farms. Fuck, my hometown is the town next to West Point...and they didn't have to put in a traffic light until the mid 2ks. There's still a working farm in town, but they're now more a tourist stop than actual working farm...

Sadly, all the people being squeezed out of Westchester (who were originally squeezed out of NYC) are moving up in that area, and are fucking it up royally Used to be in my town the only time you'd EVER see a taxi was a drunk guy from Newburgh coming back, or someone from one of the airports. Now they're a daily sight...
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:40:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sadly, all the people being squeezed out of Westchester (who were originally squeezed out of NYC) are moving up in that area, and are fucking it up royally
View Quote

Sure are.
Your old county went 55% for Cuomo in the last election.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:40:48 AM EDT
[#10]
The lawsuit bill vetoed was the one in the news a few weeks ago that would prohibit police from using a suspects: age, race, gender, disability or anything else aside from their clothing description. Not gonna argue with that veto. Can you imagine a place so PC that the police literally will be sued if they describe a fleeing rape/murder suspect by that persons race, age and gender?!
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:44:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Sure are.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sadly, all the people being squeezed out of Westchester (who were originally squeezed out of NYC) are moving up in that area, and are fucking it up royally

Sure are.

Fuckin' tell me about it They used to be solid red (or whatever color did not represent NYC) and now...

My parents are still there, for now. I've been clamoring for them to escape for a decade now, even before I was able to make my way out. It wasn't until the scandals around Patterson that the eyes started to finally open a little bit more...that, and when I pointed out my property taxes were something like 1/15th theirs
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:31:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What absofuckinglutly blows my mind is that 8 million people are so fucking stupid and have no love of freedom or any self respect that they vote this tyrant into office.
View Quote

It's not entirely the peoples fault. You have to understand it's a brainwashed, controlled, propaganda city. It's all taught in the public schools from K on up. It's in every aspect of NYC life. The public transportation, the news, the media, the workplace....You either do it & live with it or you move. Many choose to deal with it.  Once I moved it took years for me to be able to see what the rest of the country had to offer & realize the BS I was choose to put up with.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:15:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It's not entirely the peoples fault. You have to understand it's a brainwashed, controlled, propaganda city. It's all taught in the public schools from K on up. It's in every aspect of NYC life. The public transportation, the news, the media, the workplace....You either do it & live with it or you move. Many choose to deal with it.  Once I moved it took years for me to be able to see what the rest of the country had to offer & realize the BS I was choose to put up with.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very accurate, I was the opposite after college. I moved to the New York area having grown up else where and couldn't believe that people actually believed the crap they would repeat. I was like all day long. It truly is brainwashing en masse up there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top