Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2013 9:42:48 PM EDT

They love the old westerns shows.

I had completely forgot about this show.

Had watched it when i was really young.

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 9:47:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Dad took us to the set near Tucson, Arizona, back 1970. He took a log off the wood pile, and we had it until about 1986. It was one of his prized possessions.

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 10:03:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I remember watching that as a child.  I still remember the theme song, and one of the Mexican characters.  I liked it, but I was a Bonanza guy...and Gunsmoke, when I could catch it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 10:06:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I loved that show.  To this day when I hear quail, I think the Apache are in the brush.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 10:23:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow! I haven't thought of that show in many years...

Hey, show them "Rawhide".

My Mom gave me the entire series on VHS back in 2000 or so. I still pop one in every now and then.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 10:37:33 PM EDT
[#5]
and Gunsmoke, Have gun will travel, The Rebel, Wanted Dead or Alive, Cheyenne, Sugarfoot, etc.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 10:48:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I love old westerns and watched the reruns when I was a kid.

Favorites include: Bonanza, Big Valley, Wagon Train, The Virginian, and Maverick. Sometimes the Rifleman. The Western Channel was repeating some of these shows and I caught some of them again. My sister got hooked on "Cheyenne." She thinks Clint Walker is the hottest thing walking!
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 10:50:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Favorites include: Bonanza, Big Valley, Wagon Train, The Virginian, and Maverick. Sometimes the Rifleman. The Western Channel was repeating some of these shows and I caught some of them again. My sister got hooked on "Cheyenne." She thinks Clint Walker is the hottest thing walking!
View Quote

Bo Buchanan... I'm embarrassed I know that...
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 10:55:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Wow! I haven't thought of that show in many years...

Hey, show them "Rawhide".

My Mom gave me the entire series on VHS back in 2000 or so. I still pop one in every now and then.
View Quote

Thought about it, maybe, 3 weeks ago, was playing the theme song off youtube.

Looked it up because I watched "Show Boat" and Leif Erickson was in that flick as well as being the star, well, listed star anyhow, of "The High Chaparral" (as we know, Darrow and Mitchell stole the show).

Speaking of old shows, how far back does it have to be before you get that feeling that you are watching an ancient show? I've been watching several episodes of "F/X: The Series".......and that was 16-17 years ago. Even though some of their cell phones were the bricks, it still doesn't feel like an old show.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
("Has it really been that long? MY! How time flies!"--The Doctor, (w,stte), "Dr. Who")
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 11:04:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bo Bucannon was played by Robert Woods...

Clint Bucannon was played by Clint Ritchie, another cowboy actor, and Asa Bucannon was played by Phil Carey.  Clint Ritchie is the man who taught Tom Selleck how to ride a horse.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 11:06:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote

That made me curious about Clint Walker - haven't thought of him in many years.

86 years old now.

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 11:13:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That made me curious about Clint Walker - haven't thought of him in many years.

86 years old now.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/one_teddy_bear/Memphis%20Film%20Festival%20and%20Tupelo%202010/100_7001.jpg

http://www.emmytvlegends.org/files/imagecache/front_page_slideshow/slideshow-images/clint_walker_3.png?m3ieu2

http://www.clintwalker.com/images/Kanab2.jpg

Ah, correct. Wonder what set me on that?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 12:38:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Clint Walker, "Night of the Grizzily" still one of the best western's out there. American Sportsman, His cape buffalo hunt is a classic, buff charges and he and the PH open fire dam thing died right at his feet while his camera crew and the trackers all hauled ass. Rifleman, Chuck Conners, Lucas McCain, it was cool everytime a shooter came to town he either use to ride with them or they kenw his name before hand.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:11:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:46:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Clint Walker was also in Killdozer.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:05:59 AM EDT
[#15]
The simple right and wrong values and morals are nice to see.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:14:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Clint Walker was also in Killdozer.
View Quote

Good God!

Who can claim that they've seen that?

I have, did, way back on the CBS late movie........didn't it have Mark Shea from SWAT in it?
______________________________________________________________________________________
("I'm going swimming!"--the drunk gasman, (w,stte), "Killdozer")
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:16:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Loved the show when I was a kid.  We lived in Arizona at the time, so the scenery was pretty familiar.

I see it listed on the channel guide on DirecTV.  Guess I am going to have to set up the DVR to record it.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:23:21 AM EDT
[#18]
The show was based on Pete Kitchen, the Daniel Boone of Arizona.  

Pete used to put out marker stakes all around his house so he knew the hold at certain distances.  One day an Apache mooned him from about 500 yards.  Pete adjusted his sights and blasted him.  The Apache had unfortunately chosen to stand atop of a rock that had a marker stake beneath it.  It was an ideal situation for Pete and Pete didn't hesitate to take advantage of it.  Later Pete made peace with the Apache (he rescued Cochise's son from some Mexicans).  

I only know this because Pete is mentioned in my book.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:23:40 AM EDT
[#19]
When I lived in Mexico, HC was the only thing I watched in TV with any regularity, besides F1 and Euro Football.

It's still in rotation there, for whatever reason.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:29:28 AM EDT
[#20]
I believe there also was a cologne or after shave called High Chaparral.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:24:52 PM EDT
[#21]
They don't make those shows like them anymore
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top