[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How a bought signing FOPA with the Hughes amendment
View Quote

English --- do you speak it?
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:26:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't think ANY President has played the blame game as much as Obama.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:28:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Too bad he signed anti gun bills
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:36:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

This again?

Do some research. He never drafted, not did he support ANYTHING anti-gun. The one thing he let through was shit the bastard Democrats slipped in during a midnight session to kill a bill that did more for us then it cost us. Vetoing it might well have killed the good it did permanently.

I'm no supporter of the bill, but I damn sure don't blame Reagan for it. Blame the goddamn Democrats. The guys who were out to fuck you then and are out to fuck you now. THEY forced Reagan into a position where he had to choose between two shitty decisions. THEY are the treacherous bastards who wanted to make damn sure WE were going to "pay", one way or the other.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:43:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Well,he did cut the size and spending of the federal government,so that's a plus.................
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:45:21 PM EDT
[#10]

I had it in the clipboard anyway
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:45:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well,he did cut the size and spending of the federal government,so that's a plus.................
View Quote

Better check your facts.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:48:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

WTF?  Waaaay off on that one
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:54:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Better check your facts.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Better check your facts.

I was told for years that Reagan was all about limited government and less spending.

He did talk a good game though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3Sb4RtFkmo
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:57:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Man, I sure miss Ron. He was a great Pres.

Dave W.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:59:51 PM EDT
[#15]

Greatest President of our generation and this thread is filled with folks trying to take him down.

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 7:02:47 PM EDT
[#16]
reagan ran up HUGE debt, but he said "freedom!" and shit like that a lot for the lug humpers to lap up.

but of course he defeated the soviet union. by defense-spending them into oblivion. as the myth goes. they actually spent less of GDP on defense while ronnie was around.

he's the ultimate example of an empty vessel figurehead.

palin learned a lot from him.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 7:02:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Greatest President of our generation and this thread is filled with folks trying to take him down.

View Quote

It's like when been invaded by the great retard army in the last couple of years on Arf.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 7:04:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 7:10:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

This again?

Do some research. He never drafted, not did he support ANYTHING anti-gun. The one thing he let through was shit the bastard Democrats slipped in during a midnight session to kill a bill that did more for us then it cost us. Vetoing it might well have killed the good it did permanently.

I'm no supporter of the bill, but I damn sure don't blame Reagan for it. Blame the goddamn Democrats. The guys who were out to fuck you then and are out to fuck you now. THEY forced Reagan into a position where he had to choose between two shitty decisions. THEY are the treacherous bastards who wanted to make damn sure WE were going to "pay", one way or the other.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This again?

Psst, he does not want to blame the democrats he votes for. Instead, he needs to rationalize, illogically, that his voting is not the problem.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 7:10:32 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

There's no doubt that he said the right things.The problem is he didn't follow through-like pretty much all of them.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 7:11:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
reagan ran up HUGE debt, but he said "freedom!" and shit like that a lot for the lug humpers to lap up.

but of course he defeated the soviet union. by defense-spending them into oblivion. as the myth goes. they actually spent less of GDP on defense while ronnie was around.

View Quote

You're a no-bullshit kind of guy.  I have to admit, I enjoy your posts
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 7:11:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep.

And he talked about smaller/limited government too,but that's not what we got.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 7:15:24 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
View Quote

FOPA isn't worth the paper it's written on. Try driving through NYC or Jersey with a legally owned and stored firearm and get pulled over by the cops and get back to me, after you get out of jail. It Cheap mail order ammo wasn't worth the price of the machine gun ban. And I was 20 something when it was passed. It was bad law then and it never got fixed and it's not enforced correctly by the feds.

I did like Reagan and voted for him twice and served in the military during his terms. We had to fix all the wrongs Carter did to the military back then.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 7:42:15 PM EDT
[#24]
FK Ronnie.

FOPA does no good in the places it is needed and not needed in the places where it would be adhered to.  As for the other gun stuff, he saw fit to do away with the very guns the 2nd talks about.  He knew about it and signed away anyway all because he wanted to play nice with the D's so they would support his spending plans.  Which ended up as a huge spending spree.  He had no problem sticking his fingers in other countries business.

But seeing as he was a R most herein will defend him with their last breath.    Adherence to fundamental beliefs be damned.

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 7:54:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Only a badass can pull off sweatpants on Air Force One.

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 8:00:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 8:04:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

You really believe that? Really? Overall goobermint spending and deficits ballooned massively under Reagan.

The left lies plenty. Let's not follow their lead
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 8:05:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

It's like when been invaded by the great retard army in the last couple of years on Arf.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not just the last couple of years on Arfcom as there have been anti-Reagan people on this board since I've first came too it in 2001.

He wasn't perfect, but has been better then any other I can think of.  I remember the 80's as a very positive and upbeat time.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 8:12:09 PM EDT
[#29]
The people whining about Reagan obviously would have been happier with Carter and Mondale.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 8:16:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Revenues exploded under Reagan because of the fantastic economy he brought forth.  As such, as dumb effing politicians always do, they went ahead and spent it and more, and by this I don't mean Reagan.  He didn't control the purse strings, other than veto power, which only is available for expenditures in some cases.  

More importantly, why in the flying hell are we debating / griping about Reagan who was a million to the second power better than this marxist son of a bitch we have in office now?   Remembering the past is an essential thing, debating (and fighting) the present with the past in mind is much more important.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 8:18:51 PM EDT
[#31]
All those that grovel at the feet of R's are the reason we have RINO's.  They know they can do nothing wrong.

Politics is mostly like sports, the team can do no wrong in the eyes of their fans.  I find it hypocritical the those on the right make the same complaint about those on the left yet they don't see it in themselves.    Boulder in eye, remove it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 8:24:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Psst, he does not want to blame the democrats he votes for. Instead, he needs to rationalize, illogically, that his voting is not the problem.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This again?

Nah, this guy is a Ron Paul/Gary Johnson leg humper for sure ....  
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 8:25:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Guess I am a tard then and trying to bring the great man down.  Did not know about the defense spending of russia being less with ron in charge, figures.  How do you spend another country into the ground anyways?  They have no choice but to match you?

I thought russia fell same as china in that they were ineffective economies and systems.

When I see the massive amount of edited-joker581 here in socal I am reminded of his greatness and how he made them feel more comfortable here.  His amnesty is directly responsible for a shit ton of these illegals, fact.  If he was sure his laws would not be turned around like they were, and millions more would not arrive, well then the senility had already hit.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 8:26:47 PM EDT
[#34]
You can sure tell which persons in this thread aren't old enough to remember the 1970s.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 8:28:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I don't think ANY President has played the blame game as much as Obama.
View Quote

It's a sign of a very weak character.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 8:30:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
You can sure tell which persons in this thread aren't old enough to remember the 1970s.
View Quote

Ain't that the fucking truth...
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 8:32:26 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I was told for years that Reagan was all about limited government and less spending.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Better check your facts.

NONE of them cut government.  It's just a soundbite.  

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 8:33:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bingo.

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 8:36:23 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Bingo.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Bingo.

Watching this asshole feebly sitting beside a fire, in his Mr. Roger's sweater, telling us how shitty everything was, including US, and how we need to get use to failure made Reagan seem like Superman.  

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 8:36:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Reagan *imcreased* gun rights... No matter how much the liberals try to spin it.

Perfect? Not in a million years.

Just what this country, and the conservative movement needed.

Reagan threads bring it the closet democrats and the retards.

Reagan was not perfect. The perfect conservative candidate myth only helps democrats get elected. Reagan had his flaws, just Ike any great *real* conservative.

But he was just what this country and the conservative movement needed. He made it cool to be a conservative.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 8:39:00 PM EDT
[#41]
My biggest complaint is he picked a loser VP.....we are still paying for that choice.

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 8:43:42 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View Quote

I remember them just fine, and old "Jimmy the peanut farmer Carter." Shit, I was alive during JFK's presidency.

Reagan was a great man, and a great president. I had a lot of respect for him. I'm disappointed in the FOPA fiasco. I don't blame Reagan as much as I blame that fuckstick Jack Hughes and the traitor Charlie Rangel. He needs to be in prison. The NRA greenlighted FOPA for Reagan to sign with plans to strip out the machine gun ban later. It never happened and the GOP never made an issue of it.

FOPA is still a shit law and not worth the paper it's written on.

I only hope that Jack Hughes died writhing in pain and tasted his own fucking blood before hitting the gates of hell. And I wished I'd have had a hand in helping him leave this earth, but I didn't. I believe cancer did. I wish he had've driven into a gasoline tanker and died while burning up. Yes, I speak ill of the dead. He was evil.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 8:57:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Regan > Obama. Enough said.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 8:58:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
My biggest complaint is he picked a loser VP.....we are still paying for that choice.

View Quote

Combat-veteran Bush had some solid conservative support and indeed beat Reagan early-on in the 80 run-up.

Reagan had his pro-union and pro-amnesty baggage, and, believe it or not, combat-veteran Bush had some solid conservative support against Reagan.

Back then, to keep the party together, they joined forces early. Which was the correct thing to do in 1980, because Carter was getting tossed around by Kennedy in the Democrat Primary.

Combat-veteran Bush and Reagan tours the country *together* while Kennedy and Carter tried killing each others political careers.

Combat-veteran Bush a "loser?" Naw. He fought to keep Clinton out of the White House while Perot split the ticket to get Clinton into the White House.

We are paying for the split ticket and the Cinton regime still to this day...

I would have rather had Combat-veteran Bush than Clinton any day of the week...

And the alternative to Bush was Dukakis in 88 and Clinton in 1992. I consider combat-veteran Bush the better alternative to both choices... Would you have rather had Dukakis and Clinton? Those wee the alternatives...

Reagan choosing combat-veteran Bush and uniting the conservative movement and the Republican Party early in 1980 was nothing short of pure brilliance. Pure political brilliance.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 9:03:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

These threads are almost as good as the "has your account ever been locked" threads.

Those of you pondering how well the country would have turned out, under President Carter's second term or President Mondale's first, should ask yourselves if you took too much LDS in the sixties.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 9:12:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

These threads are almost as good as the "has your account ever been locked" threads.

Those of you pondering how well the country would have turned out, under President Carter's second term or President Mondale's first, should ask yourselves if you took too much LDS in the sixties.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love me some LDS
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 9:22:59 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know about you, but I always assume that people who complain about government being too big and spending too much are die hard champions of tax and spend, big government liberals like Walter Mondale.  Because nothing says "limited government" like socialized medicine and nanny state bullshit regulations of every aspect of our lives.

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 9:25:13 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What you did there...  I sees it.  

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 9:27:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Don't forget that he also ushered in a huge amnesty bill and sold out American manufacturing to Japan so that they would buy our debt.  Other than that, I was a huge fan of the rhetoric.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 9:27:59 PM EDT
[#50]

Fortunately, his cult is still around decades later to do it for him.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top