BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/23/2013 5:53:22 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 5:54:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Haha Cops are better than the rest of us. Didn't you get the memo?
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 5:56:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Why am I not really shocked at all?
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 5:57:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Didn't you read the first line of the article?

They were FORCED to break in.

Clearly they had no choice in the matter.

---------------------

BTW, Stop costing me money, dammit.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:00:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:02:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Having watched the video... They didn't even pay the whole bill.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:03:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't have a problem with this in an extreme emergency situation as long as the city fully compensates the owner for any products as well as any damage incurred.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:03:41 PM EDT
[#7]
But, But.....it was an emergency!
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:04:42 PM EDT
[#8]
So they stole a case of .22LR?
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:06:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:07:18 PM EDT
[#10]
"Mayor Bill Akers says first responders had little choice when they were soaked and needed dry clothes."

No offense, but dress for the weather. Keep spare uniforms at work in your locker.

"Mayor Akers says the situation was a learning lesson and the borough is now putting together proper protocol for situations like this."

Typical politicians who never plan for anything ahead of time.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:07:26 PM EDT
[#11]
At least the dag survived
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:10:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:12:06 PM EDT
[#13]
In my day, we called  people who broke into places and took stuff that didn't belong to them thieves.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:14:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In my day, we called  people who broke into places and took stuff that didn't belong to them thieves.
View Quote

They still are.

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:14:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

There is at least a decent way to do it.

These guys didn't even try.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't have a problem with this in an extreme emergency situation as long as the city fully compensates the owner for any products as well as any damage incurred.

Agreed.  Sounds like a very shitty situation.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:14:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:15:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, disgraceful!
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:15:28 PM EDT
[#18]
No matter how you spin it ,it is  Breaking and Entering.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:16:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Mayor Bill Akers says first responders had little choice when they were soaked and needed dry clothes.

I have no way to relate to this, not even though I'm from New Jersey and did EMS there.

Build a fire and throw yourselves in it, Sleazeside. You belong there.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:17:40 PM EDT
[#20]
LMAO .gov and big business don't care about us peons. I got called out by CT light and power on my birthday. To go do an emergency call. I was called by a supervisor. They were given a copy of the bill signed and all. The supervisor confirmed he called us out. I had the workers names, truck number, pole number. date and time of the call and our arrival.

Accounts refused to pay us. Why? They didn't have a work order( It was an emergency call. THEY called US ). They admitted to having full knowledge and doccumentation of everything but refused to pay. GO battle in court over a couple hundred dollars? They know most wount because it would cost more to do so.

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:18:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
"Mayor Bill Akers says first responders had little choice when they were soaked and needed dry clothes."

No offense, but dress for the weather. Keep spare uniforms at work in your locker.

"Mayor Akers says the situation was a learning lesson and the borough is now putting together proper protocol for situations like this."

Typical politicians who never plan for anything ahead of time.
View Quote

Plan? Like make sure peeople bring more clothes that they already own......

Ahhhh fuck it, just steal what ytou want and pay 75 percent. Its what people build businesses for right? To help over paid responders to plus up their supply of military gear.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:18:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
In my day, we called  people who broke into places and took stuff that didn't belong to them looters thieves.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:18:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Nothing more than government looting, just like April 15 th.

In all honestly those evolved should be prosecuted for the crime they committed.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:19:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
LMAO .gov and big business don't care about us peons. I got called out by CT light and power on my birthday. To go do an emergency call. I was called by a supervisor. They were given a copy of the bill signed and all. The supervisor confirmed he called us out. I had the workers names, truck number, pole number. date and time of the call and our arrival.

Accounts refused to pay us. Why? They didn't have a work order( It was an emergency call. THEY called US ). They admitted to having full knowledge and documentation of everything but refused to pay. GO battle in court over a couple hundred dollars? They know most wount because it would cost more to do so.

View Quote

Well, you know what to do next time they have an "emergency".

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:19:59 PM EDT
[#25]

Citizen! We're the government and we're here to take what we want!

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:20:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

wut
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:20:29 PM EDT
[#27]
C'MON IT'S JERSEY WHATTA YA EXPECT?

Good thing the shop wasn't full of fudge and peanut brittle, that bloated sack of crap, Christie Kreme would have cleaned it out.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:23:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Cop basher!!!!
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:23:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I have no way to relate to this, not even though I'm from New Jersey and did EMS there.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mayor Bill Akers says first responders had little choice when they were soaked and needed dry clothes.

I was speaking generally.  I did not mean to imply that this was such a situation, as I have not even read about any details.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:24:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

I kind of do...

The USG makes its crazy easy and nearly free for the municipalities to prep for eventualities like this. First rule of responding to emergencies is "don't become part of the emergency."

I understand the concept of extingent need. I just think that a bunch of first responders treated this guys private property like their own personal COSTCO. Honestly, they, not the city should be paying this guy back. I'm the most pogue of pogue Reserve officers, but I keep enough stuff on hand to be of assistance, versus being "That Guy" who shows up to a SuperStorm thinking that some theater level sustainment brigade is there.

Perhaps its just my Navy upbringing, but if you think you'll need it, you better have that shit with you.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:27:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

We ARE better than you, but I'd like to point out, it was the fire dept.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:28:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Wow, I have several bags in my patrol truck. Granted, I live in a large (4,309 square mile county), and am a SAR tech, SWAT guy, and teach land nav/map and compass, and high altitude/rough country survival. But how hard is it to carry a snivel gear bag at least?

My truck:

4 rolls of TP

Fast rescue bag (Surplus 3 day pack with gear for rock rescue ops and sustainment supplies)

Long term rescue pack (Surplus large MOLLE pack with shelter, sleeping bag, food for a week, extra dry clothes, etc)

Snowmobile fast rescue pack, with survival shelter and IFAK, extra warm clothing, Clif bars, etc.

SWAT gear.

Yeah, if I ever wreck, it'll look like a Supply Sergeant exploded.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:28:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:29:55 PM EDT
[#34]
you notice this always happens in leftist shit holes.

remember the NOPD looting?
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:31:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I kind of do...

The USG makes its crazy easy and nearly free for the municipalities to prep for eventualities like this. First rule of responding to emergencies is "don't become part of the emergency."

I understand the concept of extingent need. I just think that a bunch of first responders treated this guys private property like their own personal COSTCO. Honestly, they, not the city should be paying this guy back. I'm the most pogue of pogue Reserve officers, but I keep enough stuff on hand to be of assistance, versus being "That Guy" who shows up to a SuperStorm thinking that some theater level sustainment brigade is there.

Perhaps its just my Navy upbringing, but if you think you'll need it, you better have that shit with you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I kind of do...

This. During my service years, and after, I'd get chided for carrying extras, or what some though was unnecessary gear, that is until something occurred and the same folks would say, "Hey, do you have an extra ___________, I forgot/lost/left it at home/never had it in the first place?"

It got so bad that others wouldn't carry stuff because they knew I'd have it. I finally had to just say, "No".
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:32:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was going to say why do they assume it was just cops.  They say first responders, and kept panning the camera to the fire station.

Regardless, this doesn't sound like it meets the extreme situation I previously posted.  Having watched the video, they also took unneeded items which is completely unacceptable.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:34:15 PM EDT
[#37]
my nephew worked for the seaside heights PD during that time span, he was on duty during Sandy.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:35:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
my nephew worked for the seaside heights PD during that time span, he was on duty during Sandy.
View Quote

Did he show up at your house with an extra Gortex?
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:35:19 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View Quote

And here lies the problem with the city not compensating the store for the items taken and damages occurred to the store

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:37:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Eh, not to go against GD on this one but.. . The store owner says the matter is settled and he has no hard feelings so who are we to get pissed.? I wonder if the difference in loss vs amount re paid was because he estimated his losses a bit on the high side (given the circumstances I don't blame him). Army Navy store prices are often pretty high at least at the mom and pop ones. I could be wrong on that since I'm basing this purely on the idea that the owner didn't seem to ticked off about it.

They still messed up big time though. If bad weather leaves you raiding local business for supplies than obviously your emergency plan needs a lot of work. Maybe the survivalist types aren't so off base thinking the .gov would confiscate their stuff in an emergency. At least if you have a business dealing in that type of stuff.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:38:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Kind of like when the NOPD took Chevys and Cadillacs after Katrina.

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:38:55 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Eh, not to go against GD on this one but.. . The store owner says the matter is settled and he has no hard feelings so who are we to get pissed.? I wonder if the difference in loss vs amount re paid was because he estimated his losses a bit on the high side (given the circumstances I don't blame him). Army Navy store prices are often pretty high at least at the mom and pop ones. I could be wrong on that since I'm basing this purely on the idea that the owner didn't seem to ticked off about it.

They still messed up big time though. If bad weather leaves you raiding local business for supplies than obviously your emergency plan needs a lot of work. Maybe the survivalist types aren't so off base thinking the .gov would confiscate their stuff in an emergency. At least if you have a business dealing in that type of stuff.
View Quote

That emergency they stole HIS stuff.  Maybe next time, they steal YOURS.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:40:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
you notice this always happens in leftist shit holes.

remember the NOPD looting?
View Quote

YES, we lived it...

The same thing occurred down here in the days after Katrina, but in our case most of what was left had already been looted by the fine citizens that stayed even though they were told repeatedly to GTFO!
Pic to prove it, "Protect and Serve Thyself"

Of course in our case shit was out of control...need an nfl jersey after a major catastrophe, some new nikes??

But like true afrcomers we took the bull by the horns, I give you the drunk militia!

I truly hope none of us ever has to endure this type of situation ever again...

But like I say our case was extreme. Can u say Martial Law...

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:42:26 PM EDT
[#44]
And how much you want to bet if they found some "illegal" weapons the owner would have been arrested.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:46:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Thieves with badges: the legend goes on...
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:49:42 PM EDT
[#46]
The thieves needed to break in, steal merchandise so they can serve and protect someone else's property. It was for the greater good.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:49:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Don't forget that Obummer has already signed orders that everything you own is his in an emergency..Even if your a private citizen and its only an emergency because the government says so..all your preps is mine.....
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:50:34 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Wow, I have several bags in my patrol truck. Granted, I live in a large (4,309 square mile county), and am a SAR tech, SWAT guy, and teach land nav/map and compass, and high altitude/rough country survival. But how hard is it to carry a snivel gear bag at least?

My truck:

4 rolls of TP

Fast rescue bag (Surplus 3 day pack with gear for rock rescue ops and sustainment supplies)

Long term rescue pack (Surplus large MOLLE pack with shelter, sleeping bag, food for a week, extra dry clothes, etc)

Snowmobile fast rescue pack, with survival shelter and IFAK, extra warm clothing, Clif bars, etc.

SWAT gear.

View Quote
It's nice to be prepared but what happens when your truck and entire building go under water, or you're sent on a patrol in a vehicle with no room for all that shit because it's filled with rescue personnel and more important shit and your stuff is a goner when you get back. Notice where I'm from, we had fresh uniforms trucked to us from a base 1 hr away, 14 days after the storm hit and we aren't some local PD. Walmart gave us the go ahead to rape one of their stores and I'll always be grateful for that, I had four days worth of drawers and putting on that fresh set from wally world was wonderful. Shit happens and things never work the way you plan, they didn't go and rape a best buy, the guy got paid and he knows he made out good. God forbid a guy who stays back to save all the dumb fucks who stayed be able to get a dry pair of boots and socks to put on in between working 20 hour days in the water.

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:53:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Theft is theft, unless it's the government, and then it's just a temporary reallocation of resources.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:53:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
It's nice to be prepared but what happens when your truck and entire building go under water, or you're sent on a patrol in a vehicle with no room for all that shit because it's filled with rescue personnel and more important shit and your stuff is a goner when you get back. Notice where I'm from, we had fresh uniforms trucked to us from a base 1 hr away, 14 days after the storm hit and we aren't some local PD. Walmart gave us the go ahead to rape one of their stores and I'll always be grateful for that, I had four days worth of drawers and putting on that fresh set from wally world was wonderful. Shit happens and things never work the way you plan, they didn't go and rape a best buy, the guy got paid and he knows he made out good. God forbid a guy who stays back to save all the dumb fucks who stayed be able to get a dry pair of boots and socks to put on in between working 20 hour days in the water.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My truck:

4 rolls of TP

SWAT gear.

God bless you. My squadron deployed there, and the day after they hit the ground in New Orleans, the team's two entire pallets were stolen, right off the tarmac. They were then sent to Baton Rouge, with only their MOLLE packs and the gear they'd kept on them.

I am not faulting you for what you did, please see my others posts in regards to this matter. Yes, I've considered the other scenarios you've posited, and plan accordingly, to the best of my ability.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top