Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2013 6:13:39 PM EDT
Yamaha prefer, Honda second, Mercury third.  

Looking for a 50hp remote.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 6:17:04 PM EDT
[#1]
ETEC
Forget the others.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 6:19:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a 15hp from onlineoutboards.com before.  Arrived by freight well packed and intact.  (Mercury and Nissan outboards are made by Tohatsu up to a certain size).
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 6:32:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Do NOT buy from onlineoutboards.  My 9.9 Honda arrived in a box.  The engine was smashed in the styrofoam packing backwards, all accessories and paperwork missing, (to include the prop and hardware)  and the box re-sealed by drunken monkeys with a banding tool.
it wasn't even the original box.  Different horsepower listed. .

When I called and tried to get a list of what exactly was supposed to be in the box, I was treated to an abusive tirade worthy of a screaming lunatic and accused of being a scammer.  Lots of 4-letter words were thrown about in a drunk NY accent and I hung up on the bastard.

I was in the process of cancelling the credit card transaction and letting them drive to Texas to pick up the damn thing until my wife cooled me down.  i talked to Honda directly and got everything i needed sent for free.

To answer your question, I suggest the local dealership.  It's good to deal with someone local, esp during the warranty period.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 6:38:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ETEC
Forget the others.
View Quote

this. love my 30 horse.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 3:26:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Call Craig Warner at NECC Boats in Rochester. Yamaha outboard dealer. See what he can do for you. Firearm friendly place, too. Be sure to tell him his motorcycle mechanic told you to call

Eta: 1-603-335-1570.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 3:29:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Outboard engine store.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:19:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do NOT buy from onlineoutboards.  My 9.9 Honda arrived in a box.  The engine was smashed in the styrofoam packing backwards, all accessories and paperwork missing, (to include the prop and hardware)  and the box re-sealed by drunken monkeys with a banding tool.
it wasn't even the original box.  Different horsepower listed. .

When I called and tried to get a list of what exactly was supposed to be in the box, I was treated to an abusive tirade worthy of a screaming lunatic and accused of being a scammer.  Lots of 4-letter words were thrown about in a drunk NY accent and I hung up on the bastard.

I was in the process of cancelling the credit card transaction and letting them drive to Texas to pick up the damn thing until my wife cooled me down.  i talked to Honda directly and got everything i needed sent for free.

To answer your question, I suggest the local dealership.  It's good to deal with someone local, esp during the warranty period.
View Quote

When was this?  They don't sell Honda.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top