BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/22/2013 3:43:11 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 3:48:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I can remember some folks not wanting to do their PT test, but not quite with that amount of conviction.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 3:49:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Its always those comm squadron homos.

Link Posted: 7/22/2013 3:50:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I worked with a guy who failed the PT test 7 times in a row and they didn't get rid of him. Having someone stab you to avoid one test is a little bit much.

ETA:

Quoted:

Its always those comm squadron homos.

View Quote

Lulz, this was in a comm squadron. I think you might be on to something.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 3:51:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, I see her career getting cut short.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 3:51:32 PM EDT
[#5]
  holy crap that is hilarious.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 3:57:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 4:05:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Holy shit! This is the Air Force PT Test. How hard can it be? I've been in two other branches with harder PT tests. I've passed them when hungover, hurt and just generally out of shape. Shit.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 4:09:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I've heard stories about people doing dumb shit to dodge deployments.. but a fucking PT test, seriously?
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 4:11:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Holy shit! This is the Air Force PT Test. How hard can it be? I've been in two other branches with harder PT tests. I've passed them when hungover, hurt and just generally out of shape. Shit.
View Quote

I showed up to my PT test still in slacks and a tucked in dress shirt once. Drunk as a fkn skunk. My LT smiled and said he had a pt uniform I could borrow. I borrowed it and proceeded to puke over and over throughout the test. Still managed to run a 11 min mile and a half. And maxed my push and sit ups.

LT told me that what I get for drinking keystone light.

Yes this was best LT I ever worked for. And I don't drink keystone anymore.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 4:14:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's easy as hell. I passed one after coming back from a deployment where I didn't work out at all for 6 months. IIRC it was something like 46 pushups, 50 situps and a 12:something mile and a half and I passed. You have to be fat AND out of shape to not pass.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 4:19:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Any pics of the stabee?

Link Posted: 7/22/2013 4:22:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Just cut to the chase and tell us the story...
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 4:39:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I've got a co-worker whose wife is in the Army Reserves and intentionally got pregnant to get out of PT testing that she was going to fail because she had gotten fat.

She later intentionally got pregnant again to get out of a deployment.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 9:12:00 PM EDT
[#14]
I passed a PT Test with a 290 3 months after I had my knee reconstructed. People like that twat are just one of the reasons everyone makes fun of the Air Force. On another humorous note. I once had a Soldier drop a 45 lbs weight on his toe in Kuwait (on purpose) because he didn't  want to go into Sadr City during the surge. He popped it like  a fucking grape. We took him anyways and 3 weeks later he shot himself just above the knee with his M4.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 9:18:04 PM EDT
[#15]
LOL holy shit.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:07:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:29:51 PM EDT
[#17]
You army guys have no conviction.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:48:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I passed a PT Test with a 290 3 months after I had my knee reconstructed. People like that twat are just one of the reasons everyone makes fun of the Air Force. On another humorous note. I once had a Soldier drop a 45 lbs weight on his toe in Kuwait (on purpose) because he didn't  want to go into Sadr City during the surge. He popped it like  a fucking grape. We took him anyways and 3 weeks later he shot himself just above the knee with his M4.
View Quote

Holy fuck

Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:58:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Back in the late '90's the test was to just ride a bike with a heart rate monitor on for several minutes.  

If you watched the computer screen, you could hold your breath to drop your heart rate a few seconds before it recorded at the minute marks.

Later on they added sit-ups or crunches, and maybe push-ups.
View Quote

Our company makes you wear a heart rate monitor during the physical (climbing ladders, shoveling gravel for 5 minutes, lifting weights up to 100 lbs, balance beam, and dexterity tests).   The damn thing records constantly though.    They mark a low, median, and high on your chart.    I have seen two guys fail it.    There is a given heart rate for your age and if you hit that mark, you are allowed to cool down until it is at 80% of the limit, then you start back up.   Do that twice and you fail.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:02:56 PM EDT
[#20]
A soldier on my base in Derpistan had an ND, then stabbed himself and claimed that he was shooting at a local that stabbed him Whole base went on alert for a while before the story came out.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:02:59 PM EDT
[#21]
"dark hooded sweatshirt"
Just had to throw that shit in there............

But on the flip side this wont stop her from making E-7.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:04:18 PM EDT
[#22]
"I'm gonna land feet and knees apart so I don't have to ruck back."

I sure heard that a bunch of times.  Only one dude actually tried it.  Broke both legs. LOL

Had a dude say it, burned all the way fucking in with a cig rolled chute.  I thought he was fuckin' dead.  Effer bounced probably 4 feet off the ground when he hit.  

He hopped right up and limped the 12 mile ruck back in the snow.  Fuck a parachute!
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:06:04 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

When were you with 1-26?
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:07:03 PM EDT
[#24]

Usually they just get knocked up, this chick must be UGLY!
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:09:48 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I can remember some folks not wanting to do their PT test, but not quite with that amount of conviction.  
View Quote

Pffft... we had a guy stab himself in the eye with a multi-tool to get sent home early from a field exercise.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:12:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hmmmmmm, it sounds like way back when in the Corps when I was with a bunch of others, we didn't want to go to a certain formation, and we worked out a plan and a story of how we went someplace, drove the car off the road, and that's why we were missing for several hours, through the formation.

For the first hour of the planning, we were actually considering doing this, actually serious......................and then in the second hour, we realized how stupid it would be and decided to go to formation, after all.

It sounds like that second hour of listening to one's self never happened.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
("Kolchak, would you listen to your self? Hear what you are saying?"--Vincenzo, (w,stte), "Kolchak: The Night Stalker")
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:51:09 PM EDT
[#27]
I work out once a year.... During my annual PT test.

Fucking Nonners.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 12:07:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Meh, I've done worse to get out of gym class.

Kidding, but I kind of like her style, crazy, lazy, asshole.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 9:48:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

When were you with 1-26?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

When were you with 1-26?

I was there with B co. from November 2002 until December 2005.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 9:51:38 AM EDT
[#31]

Samoan.

I bet that has got to suck trying to stay in weight standards.

samoans are big folks.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 9:55:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Hmmmmmm, it sounds like way back when in the Corps when I was with a bunch of others, we didn't want to go to a certain formation, and we worked out a plan and a story of how we went someplace, drove the car off the road, and that's why we were missing for several hours, through the formation.

For the first hour of the planning, we were actually considering doing this, actually serious......................and then in the second hour, we realized how stupid it would be and decided to go to formation, after all.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
("Kolchak, would you listen to your self? Hear what you are saying?"--Vincenzo, (w,stte), "Kolchak: The Night Stalker")
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guessing you mean Corps of Cadets or something.

Don't call it the Corps its intentionally misrepresenting your time in whatever the fuck you were in.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 9:57:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Don't call it the Corps its intentionally misrepresenting your time in whatever the fuck you were in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OORAH!

Back when I was in the corps, we wore gray uniforms.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 10:02:10 AM EDT
[#34]
If I can manage a 95 on the PFT, there is no excuse. None.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 10:03:01 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Any pics of the stabee?

View Quote

My guess is she's not on the skinny-boy program.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 10:03:12 AM EDT
[#36]
I got out in 2004 before all this PT test stuff got all fired up. I had a Airman on the fat girl program for awhile before she got a bodyfat waiver, which was an honest good thing for her, powerlifter type that looked good and professional in her uniform but couldn't pass the tape test. Then another that just couldn't get it and eventually got a 15 and a discharge for being a chubby wubby tub toy.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 10:08:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Air Force PT?  Get a manicure, change a DVD while heating up Pizza Rolls, close the blinds, maybe a little bit of fast shuffling for cardio.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 10:09:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I got out in 2004 before all this PT test stuff got all fired up. I had a Airman on the fat girl program for awhile before she got a bodyfat waiver, which was an honest good thing for her, powerlifter type that looked good and professional in her uniform but couldn't pass the tape test. Then another that just couldn't get it and eventually got a 15 and a discharge for being a chubby wubby tub toy.
View Quote

The "PT" standards in the AF were so skewed to skinny people it was insane, if you had a 28" waist and could jog a 12:50 1.5 mile you could pass without doing ANY pushups or situps.  I had a boss that was pissed when they put mandatory minimums on pushups and situps even though they were ridiculously low he still couldn't do them, he had been passing because he was very skinny.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 10:10:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 10:13:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Corps were in undeclared combat?
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 10:16:32 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 10:17:55 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 10:19:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 10:22:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Well fuck me running I have heard of riding profiles but that is just pathetic.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 10:38:56 AM EDT
[#45]
We have a few that constantly get "hurt" and get quarters or profiles to skimp out of work . Working on an already low manned flight line, that shit hits us hard. Thankfully they are getting kicked out, just slowly. My fat ass only works out when I'm about to test, still pass it without any problems...
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 10:42:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 10:48:00 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I'm 1000% positive SL always claimed to be Navy.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You were a Marine?

I'm 1000% positive SL always claimed to be Navy.  

Texas A&M Corps of Cadets.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 10:49:12 AM EDT
[#48]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Usually they just get knocked up, this chick must be UGLY!

Not really...

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/alison-mona/40/155/872

Maybe not by your standards, but by AF standards she is damn ugly.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 10:59:45 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View Quote

90% of the Marine Corps has passed the PFT while still drunk or hung over.

Turn head while running, puke, dont slow down.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 12:11:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Texas A&M Corps of Cadets.
View Quote

I have stated times before I was an Aggie......why should anyone assume anything else when I talk about the Corps?
________________________________________________________________________________
("To the Corps!"--Marine
"To the Alamo!"--Navy Surgeon, (w,stte), "Purple Hearts")
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top