Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2002 5:57:50 AM EDT
[url]http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=65157&category=FRONTPG&newsdate=10/25/2002[/url]

I wish I could tell Kristen Rand, the legislative director for the Violence Policy Center in Washington that ANY object is an assault weapon when used in a violent fashion when shes speaks of the post ban Bushmaster,[i]
"It complies with the letter of the law, but it is still an assault rifle,"[/i]
In that matter, if you take a Daisy air rifle and put enough BBs in a person to kill them, I guess Daisy air rifles are assault weapons too.
And oh yeah, who in the hell buys a verticle handgrip rifle so they can shoot from the hip, Ms. Rand?

[b]ArmaLiter[/b]

Link Posted: 10/26/2002 6:12:20 AM EDT
[#1]
[b]You can write to us at:

Violence Policy Center
1140 19th Street, NW
Suite 600
Washington, DC 20036

Or you can e-mail us at [email protected]. Unfortunately, because of the volume of messages we receive, we are unable to respond individually to each inquiry.[/b]

got that from their website.
and here is the number for their communications director:

[b]Naomi Seligman
202-822-8200 x105[/b]

start emailing and calling them boys and girls!!
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 6:13:52 AM EDT
[#2]
and i forgot to add:

Kristen Rand, you ma'am, are an idiot.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 6:14:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 6:16:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I called the VPC last night and left this message:

[i]"Would the VPC be happier if the DC Snipers had used a 1750 Kentucky Long Rifle?   After all, every single shot could have been made with that rifle instead of the evil black gun.  Would that make things better for you?"[/i]
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 6:30:35 AM EDT
[#5]
But Kristen Rand, the legislative director for the Violence Policy Center in Washington, a gun control group, said that the XM-15 seized in Muhammad's car still had features that mimic an assault weapon, including a pistol grip that makes it easy to fire from the hip and a detachable magazine that holds 10 rounds.

"It complies with the letter of the law, but it is still an assault rifle," Rand said.
View Quote

Let's start a campaign to inform this thumb-sucking moron of the truth.  I think a new round of calls is in order. [pissed]
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 6:33:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
In that matter, if you take a Daisy air rifle and put enough BBs in a person to kill them, I guess Daisy air rifles are assault weapons too.
View Quote

You do not have to kill someone to assault them with a "weapon"...
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 6:40:06 AM EDT
[#7]
VPC = Wankers.
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 6:56:17 AM EDT
[#8]
While the Fed is charging the defendant with illegal possession, they should also find out how he came into possession of the firearm and, if he bought it from a licensed dealer, prosecute to the fullest extent.  Unless NICS failed.  That never happens.
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 12:40:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm gonna email them and tell them the Nazi's where the first to coin the phrase 'Assault Rifle' (Sturmgewehr) tell them hitler actually called it that! heehee
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 2:50:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I went to the Tacome gunstore where he bought his gun and picked up a case of PMC .223 ammo. There was some chick out front with a camera.
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 3:34:23 PM EDT
[#11]
I went to the Tacome gunstore where he bought his gun and picked up a case of PMC .223 ammo. There was some chick out front with a camera.
View Quote
 Did you give her the one finger wave? [:D]  I'm sure the store appreciates your support.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top