Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2002 2:06:32 AM EDT
Saw this posted over in Kurt's Kustom Firearms forum, so he deserves the credit for this. I just thought it needed to be here for all the people who don't go to his forum to see. Something for the boltgun guys to think about.

[b]I was so relieved when it turned out to be a Bushmaster. I didn't have one, so it didn't concern me when government sent the law to collect them all.

I thought about it later when government decided AR-15s were to dangerous for the public and began to collect them. I didn't have one, so I maybe without them we won't have to be so concerned.

They began to collect shotguns last week. It woried me for two days when my neighbor, and a lot of buddies were taken away to a detention camp. But I didn't have one, and though I was mad and upset I didn't do anything because I thought it would end with that.

Would someone help me please! Isn't anyone out there to help? They are outside right now. The bull horn voice says they want my six shooter. There must be at least twenty, all in S.W.A.T. uniforms. Some say Sheriff, others read police, FBI, BATF and two are Parks and Recreation and City Library.

Why didn't we just say "OH NO YOU DON'T!" when they wanted the Bushmasters?[/b]

This reminded me of a quote from my American History class in high school.

[b]"In Germany they came first for the Communists and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist. Then they came for the Jews and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me--and by that time no one was left to speak up."

Pastor Martin Niemoller, 1892-1984[/b]
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 3:44:16 AM EDT
[#1]
How many martyrs before the revolution starts? Or will creation of martyrs simply convince the rest of the gun owners to comply with the JBT?
Seriously, refusal to comply is the knee-jerk reaction, but where does that really get us?
Idividually, it's not possible to successfully counter a direct Gov't vs Evil Black Rifle Owner confrontation. Even if you should win the skirmish, you will lose the battle without reinforcements.
"Just Say No" is ok for a drug prevention campaign, but I don't think it'll be particularly effective in this situation. The anti-gun propagation has already come farther than we should have ever allowed it to, without a much larger and active political fight.
What is the real answer?
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 5:35:15 AM EDT
[#2]
submitted for your viewing pleasure!
[img]http://www.ar15.com/images/gallery/Desktop%20Backgrounds/AR10.jpg[/img]

Semper Fi
Dave
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 6:14:19 AM EDT
[#3]
[50] [beer]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top