Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2013 1:54:33 PM EDT

I got a crossbow and target for $450 from someone who bought the setup 3 months ago and never shot it.  It all was brand new!

I shot it today and it was fantastic.  With more practice, I can do better grouping.  This is my first crossbow.

Crossbow: Wicked Ridge Raider CLS (premium package with scope, sling, 3 arrows, quiver, and the easy draw system)
Target: Big Green Targets 20x20x13 Gamer Field Point

I went to Bass Pro Shops and the entire package totalled $950 with tax.

I think it was a great deal.  What says the hive?
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 2:33:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I've always wanted to shoot one of those sumbitchs
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 2:34:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Great deal. WR makes a very nice bow.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 2:35:29 PM EDT
[#3]
winning
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 3:43:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Is the crossbow any good at ranges beyond 50 yards?  The reason I ask is because the scope only has crosshairs for 20, 30, 40 yards.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 4:32:27 PM EDT
[#5]
all things being equal a compound bow will shoot flatter farther than a comparable crossbow . the bolt being shorter and lighter will lose more of its energy , that said there is no reason you couldnt shoot out to 50yrds if you are capable with the scope adjusted properly. i personally dont take any shots over 35 / 40 yards at deer with mine. two many variables in the woods and its rare Id have an open shot at that range where I hunt. i do take 50 yarders off a fence rail at the range tho!
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:28:04 AM EDT
[#6]
My wife is unable to draw the bow. She can pull it, but not the last 1-2" since she is too short.  Any suggestions on how she can draw it completely?   I want her to be able to use this to hunt while I use my bow.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:31:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Your wife is unable to draw the bow? It appears to have the acu-draw cocking rope system. That should make it fairly easy. Wicked Ridge makes nice products. They are an off shute of Ten Point who make really high quality bows.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:34:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is the crossbow any good at ranges beyond 50 yards?  The reason I ask is because the scope only has crosshairs for 20, 30, 40 yards.
View Quote

For targets shoot as far as you'd like but when shooting at game, as the distance increases it's harder to make an ethical shot (obviously) but in the quiet woods the noise makes the animal jump, so if you're far away the animal has more time to move away from the path of the arrow/bolt, resulting in a bad hit.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:37:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Your wife is unable to draw the bow? It appears to have the acu-draw cocking rope system. That should make it fairly easy. Wicked Ridge makes nice products. They are an off shute of Ten Point who make really high quality bows.
View Quote

Yeah, she's somewhat short, so the leverage isn't there to help her to draw it.  She can pull it then can't do the last couple of inches.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:38:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

For targets shoot as far as you'd like but when shooting at game, as the distance increase it's harder to make an ethical shot (obviously) but in the quiet woods the noise makes the animal jump so if you're far away the animal has more time to move away from the path of the arrow/bolt, resulting in a bad hit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For targets shoot as far as you'd like but when shooting at game, as the distance increase it's harder to make an ethical shot (obviously) but in the quiet woods the noise makes the animal jump so if you're far away the animal has more time to move away from the path of the arrow/bolt, resulting in a bad hit.

Thanks, I never knew that it'd make that loud of a noise to spook game (obviously, I am deaf).
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:39:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My wife is unable to draw the bow. She can pull it, but not the last 1-2" since she is too short.  Any suggestions on how she can draw it completely?   I want her to be able to use this to hunt while I use my bow.
View Quote

I think there are crank systems available for weak/disabled folks to assist in cocking.  Not sure if they can be retro fitted though.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:39:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Does it have a crank?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top