Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 7/21/2013 12:16:17 PM EDT
So I like to see what the other side is thinking or talking about. So I went to DU and came across this gem. This person started a thread about how carrying a gun violates other peoples free speech.

Here is the persons post that starts the thread which is titled, "The grocery store, the gun, and my free speech rights"

"Earlier today before I mowed the lawn and had to take some allergy pills, I was at the grocery store. There in the line behind me, when I was checking out, was someone carrying a gun on their hip. I didn't say anything. It's totally legal here in my state, after all. But, I just felt like they were somehow inhibiting my freedom to speech. I can't exactly figure out the how, or the why, or the what of the whole thing.

Maybe I was afraid to speak to the cashier? Maybe I thought that something would happen if I made a sudden move? Like if I pulled out my wallet too fast, the crazy person behind me would think I'm going for a knife to shank him, or somebody else? I mean, who needs a gun in the freaking grocery store? That meat you're buying is already dead, I promise you won't have to shoot it. I felt very conscious of all of my movements, like I was being watched, like a penned up animal at the zoo.

When I got out to my car, I just sat behind the steering wheel, angry. I wrapped my fingers tightly around the wheel, and just sat there, all tense, feeling uneasy, and flustered about the whole ordeal. I felt like I wasn't in control of the situation inside of that store at all.

I felt like I had been silenced. I felt like you would after being admonished by an authority figure, when you have no rebuttal. I felt like a child who had been caught with his hand in the cookie jar. I felt like I was the one who had done something wrong.

Why did I feel this way? I'm still pissed about it. If I can figure out why, I can fight it next time. Sorry for venting".

Link to the thread.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1002&pid=3305313
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:18:11 PM EDT
[#1]
it's all about feelings with those vaginas
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:19:27 PM EDT
[#2]
FPNI

Feelings over thought.

Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:20:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Another metrosexual win!
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:21:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:21:13 PM EDT
[#5]
The other side of the story:

"Dear Arfcom,

I was at the grocery store the other day when this guy in front of me in line wearing an Obama 2012 shirt started acting all squirrelly. I OC, especially in grocery stores and Walmart to keep guys from staring at my wife's ass, and this dude couldn't stop staring at my handgun and then at the cashier. I was so concerned he was going to rob the store that I bladed at 45 and got ready to draw on him when he finally paid for his food, well, if you can call using an EBT card paying, and made his way to the exit.

What the fuck is wrong with these people? It's bad enough that we pay for their food and housing, do they really have to act strange around us and make those around them feel uncomfortable? I'll bet that cashier was checking her six the entire way to her car that night."
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:22:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Someone needs therapy.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:22:07 PM EDT
[#7]

What a fun trip into the head of a mental midget.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:22:14 PM EDT
[#8]
liberal got pwnd in the grocery store arfcommer didn't even say a word just wolf stared.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:22:25 PM EDT
[#9]
That HAS to be a troll account. Or maybe it's not. Who the fuck knows these days.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:22:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Liberals are such guilt ridden faggots.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:24:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm pretty convinced that DU is just arfcom trolling arfcom
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:24:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Hey man.  Cool gun bro.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:25:02 PM EDT
[#13]
I felt the same way as this guy when I was at the butcher shop. There was this guy behind the counter with a big knife. If I point at the cut of veal I want to quickly, will he cut my hand off? I couldn't even exercise my freedom of speech to order the extra fatty lamb chops because I was so shaken.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:26:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

"... But, I just felt like they were somehow inhibiting my freedom to speech.

... I felt very conscious of all of my movements, like I was being watched, like a penned up animal at the zoo.

... I felt like I wasn't in control of the situation inside of that store at all.

I felt like I had been silenced. ...

View Quote

An armed society is a polite society, so mind your fuckin' manners.  

Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:26:46 PM EDT
[#15]
How can someone be that mentally handicapped.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:27:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This is what happens when we let hippies breed.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:28:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:28:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Some more derp from that thread.

"I would call the cops on him...right in front of him.

Just get in a conversation with the dispatcher right there.

"I'm pretty sure the store has a no guns policy."

"Ok, I'll ask the cashier..."

"Cashier, I feel threatened by this ...person's gun. You don't allow guns in this store do you? Surely not!"

"What you don't know?"

"Just a second officer (on the phone), I'm asking for the manager."

"Could you call your manager, please? I'm afraid and I feel threatened, and I have no doubt that your store doesn't allow weapons on the premises. If so, I will tell the police to have him removed."

Bozo might try to talk, but just ignore him and respond, "Are you threatening me, sir?"

Hopefully he missed a "No guns" sign on the store's door and will be hauled away".

Fucking idiots.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:29:03 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

So I like to see what the other side is thinking or talking about. So I went to DU and came across this gem. This person started a thread about how carrying a gun violates other peoples free speech.

Here is the persons post that starts the thread which is titled, "The grocery store, the gun, and my free speech rights"

"Earlier today before I mowed the lawn and had to take some allergy pills, I was at the grocery store. There in the line behind me, when I was checking out, was someone carrying a gun on their hip. I didn't say anything. It's totally legal here in my state, after all. But, I just felt like they were somehow inhibiting my freedom to speech. I can't exactly figure out the how, or the why, or the what of the whole thing.

Maybe I was afraid to speak to the cashier? Maybe I thought that something would happen if I made a sudden move? Like if I pulled out my wallet too fast, the crazy person behind me would think I'm going for a knife to shank him, or somebody else? I mean, who needs a gun in the freaking grocery store? That meat you're buying is already dead, I promise you won't have to shoot it. I felt very conscious of all of my movements, like I was being watched, like a penned up animal at the zoo.

When I got out to my car, I just sat behind the steering wheel, angry. I wrapped my fingers tightly around the wheel, and just sat there, all tense, feeling uneasy, and flustered about the whole ordeal. I felt like I wasn't in control of the situation inside of that store at all.

I felt like I had been silenced. I felt like you would after being admonished by an authority figure, when you have no rebuttal. I felt like a child who had been caught with his hand in the cookie jar. I felt like I was the one who had done something wrong.

Why did I feel this way? I'm still pissed about it. If I can figure out why, I can fight it next time. Sorry for venting".

Link to the thread.

View Quote

Prima Facia evidence that Libtards feel instead of think. What a waste of skin....
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:29:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Hilarious.  

It gets even better.  Same bozo from the same linked thread:

I'm just not sure how should I react if there is a next time, so I don't feel like I'm being stifled, trampled, or pent-up. Do you say something? Do you make eye contact? I might have to practice in front of a mirror, so I can look confident.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:30:06 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Because you are a Douche and a Loser who thinks feels the world revolves around them. You are a self-centered boil on the ass of humanity. Get over yourself and fuck you!.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Why did I feel this way?

Because you are a Douche and a Loser who thinks feels the world revolves around them. You are a self-centered boil on the ass of humanity. Get over yourself and fuck you!.

FIFY
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:30:23 PM EDT
[#22]
He felt like he did something wrong because he did.  He assumed someone exercising their rights was crazy for doing so.  He got angry at them for no sane reason at all.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:30:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Lesson for the day: keep libtards quiet by open carrying
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:30:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

What a fun trip into the head of a mental midget.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:31:08 PM EDT
[#25]
So... an armed society is a polite society?
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:31:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Fucking idiots.
View Quote

That whole site needs more PF-9.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:33:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fucking idiots.

That site should be nuked from orbit and its members publicly flogged.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:35:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
He felt like he did something wrong because he did.  He assumed someone exercising their rights was crazy for doing so.  He got angry at them for no sane reason at all.
View Quote

This.

And, "he" also probably didn't tell the rest of the DUmmies that he pissed and shit himself, and the the REAL cause of him not saying anything and exiting quickly was because he knew everyone around him would smell his feces in the air if he lingered.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:36:15 PM EDT
[#29]
How do you read an entire thread on DU without having to click each post and reload the page?
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:36:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

This.

And, "he" also probably didn't tell the rest of the DUmmies that he pissed and shit himself, and the the REAL cause of him not saying anything and exiting quickly was because he knew everyone around him would smell his feces in the air if he lingered.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Hippies like the original DU poster already smell so bad who would notice the difference?
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:36:47 PM EDT
[#31]
WOW, that guy needs diapers for his    MANGINA.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:37:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Link to the thread.

View Quote

i think i found the problem. too much fucking " feeling", and not enough fucking " thinking".
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:38:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
How do you read an entire thread on DU without having to click each post and reload the page?
View Quote

Just click the "View All" link near the title, and enjoy the butthurt.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:39:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Some people should just stay at home.  The World can be scary at times.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:40:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

At the top of the page next to the thread title it says "view all", click on that and scroll down.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:42:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Lesson for the day: keep libtards quiet by open carrying
View Quote

I was going to post something like that.  "Best argument I've heard for OCing"
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:42:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Scroll down
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:43:58 PM EDT
[#38]

Translation: I realized today that I'm a total pussy, and need someone to change everyone else's behavior so I don't have to keep feeling bad about it.

Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:44:06 PM EDT
[#39]
I felt like I wasn't in control of the situation inside of that store at all.

This is  very telling. I think one of the major differences between the liberal mindset and the conservative mindset is the need to control things.

One of my best teachers (5th grade)  taught me that the most important guarantee in the Constitution is this:

"The Constitution guarantees that, from time to time, you will be offended.  It allows people to do and say as they please, and you aren't going to agree with every choice that other people make. Some folk's choices are really going to bother you. As long as their choices don't harm other people, you need to get over it. "

I teach this to my third graders now.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:44:13 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Hilarious.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Hilarious.  

I'm just not sure how should I react if there is a next time, so I don't feel like I'm being stifled, trampled, or pent-up. Do you say something? Do you make eye contact? I might have to practice in front of a mirror, so I can look confident.

At the same time he could practice for kissing a girl.

Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:44:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:46:13 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Yes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes

I blame the allergy pills.

Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:47:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Liberals love to control things.  Someone else having a gun means they are not in control.  That's why they want to disarm us
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:48:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Dear Arfcom,

The other day I was at the store and saw a man carrying a gun on his hip. I didn't say anything because who the fuck cares? It's just a fucking gun.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:49:10 PM EDT
[#45]
The pillow biter really would have shat itself had that been UC law enforcement, FBI,etc. open carrying
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:51:23 PM EDT
[#46]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

Emotions over Logic.  

Wanna be a absolute satan worshiping shit stirrer?  Technically speaking, he or she PROFILED that person with the gun.  Every word of the cunts mouth indicates that without a doubt he or she profiled that person.  Kinda like how Zimmerman "profiled" Trayvon...amiright?

Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:53:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I felt like I wasn't in control of the situation inside of that store at all.

This is  very telling. I think one of the major differences between the liberal mindset and the conservative mindset is the need to control things.

One of my best teachers (5th grade)  taught me that the most important guarantee in the Constitution is this:

"The Constitution guarantees that, from time to time, you will be offended.  It allows people to do and say as they please, and you aren't going to agree with every choice that other people make. Some folk's choices are really going to bother you. As long as their choices don't harm other people, you need to get over it. "

I teach this to my third graders now.
View Quote

I was going to post this.

That is exactly what the problem was....the fact that someone could not be controlled by his sheepish feelings. The fact that someone else doesnt walk five paces behind him and he doesnt have to balls to do anything about it.

Little faggot.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:55:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Most of the replies are cringy as hell too.

"i'm not interested in guns. i'm interested in neighborhoods, families, people & social conditions.  therefore i didn't have the knowledge of firearms manufacturers you clearly consider highly important."

Just because someone mentioned his name looked like a reference to Hi Point.  

What a bunch of smug assholes.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:57:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
View Quote

So basically, he didn't have anything to say, he didn't try to say anything, but still feels that the gun inhibited his right to not say anything simply by existing?

Link Posted: 7/21/2013 1:01:39 PM EDT
[#50]
With that kind of attitude he probably feels like a child in much of his life. He probably resents other adults who do not.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top