Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2013 3:41:06 PM EDT
As you may or may not remember, I'm looking for a job. I just had a great interview yesterday. It lasted two hours, I was on top of my game. I was witty, funny, gave smart answers. My skill set matches their needs.  I was complimented on my portfolio. I found out I was the first one they interviewed - which I would think was a good thing, that I looked good on paper. This was the company who gave me a "personality test" that included algebra, problem solving, vocabulary, and analogies. She said I did very well on the test. I took calculus and honors English in High School and would be surprised if other designers did as well as I did. I'm feeling more positive about this interview than anyone in the previous year. I was on a high.

And then the cosmos had to balance itself.

I was taking my little girl to the movies when I noticed the car acting funny. Like it didn't want to go into gear. I decided something wasn't right and was trying to get home when it got worse and worse to the point that it finally stopped working while I was in a left turn lane. Long story short, it looks like it vomited out all the transmission fluid. I had it towed to a place and they said after adding more fluid the car drove. So hopefully I didn't kill the transmission. They are still looking at it to degrease it and lock down exactly where and why it leaked out. I would think it would be fairly obvious - but I am not a mechanic.

I'm hoping its just a seal or gasket that when bad. Anyone have experience where they can relate? Its a 2001 Mercury Sable wagon.

Anyway - that's my story. Hopefully I get a freaking break soon.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 4:40:28 PM EDT
[#1]
automatic or manual transmission?

Link Posted: 7/20/2013 4:42:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Sables only came with automatic transmissions.

OP, I looked at some car forum and it might be a plugged vent tube.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 4:44:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

View Quote

I've spent a lot of time working in dealerships, and I can't ever remember seeing a Sable with a manual transmission.  

Link Posted: 7/20/2013 4:45:02 PM EDT
[#4]
A fast failure and large loss of fluids isn't likely a simple seal leak.  But I'm not a mech.

Best of luck to you on the job and the car.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 5:24:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's automatic. Just hoping it doesnt cost an arm and a leg.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 5:25:09 PM EDT
[#6]
At least it wasn't before the "awesome interview"
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:29:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Update OP?
Hoping for good news

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top